test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

667 posts in this topic

So are folk now willing to give him a chance instead of bashing him before he plays now? Thank fuck. Looking forward to see how he does.

Unionjack and kc_blue like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

So are folk now willing to give him a chance instead of bashing him before he plays now? Thank fuck. Looking forward to see how he does.

I  always have and always will back our new players 100% no matter what misgivings I may have before they join us.

And will remain to have their backs until they show that they were misrepresented and their skills just aren't at the level we supposed they were at.

But I think in Pulisics case he will show us how good he is and will remove the doubt from even the biggest Thomases!

We really need to give this lad a nickname!! Pully?

kc_blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 8:30 PM, Vesper said:

this is what Silva did to Arsenal, at the Emirates, in the CL

 

You see that we are being linled with Andre Silva?

Like Higuain he's not scored in 7 games.

 

Chelsea targeting Andre Silva transfer – but need Morata to replace him at Sevilla

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8146933/chelsea-transfer-news-andre-silva-alvaro-morata-ac-milan-sevilla/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1546957729

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mccg said:

Pulisic taking over the right side, while Hazard and then Hudson-Odoi rule the left.

well, that's fucked, grrrrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea were not the only club interested in spending big money to buy Christian Pulisic, Borussia Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed. 

"I have to say that there was at least one more club that would have been willing to pay a sum of this magnitude," he told Ruhr Nachrichten

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Worried about his scoring capabilities. Makes Willian look prolific.

 

3 hours ago, kc_blue said:

I want to see him under Sarri.  I really think his characteristics will be a good match for the way he wants us to play.

What  the teams missing (apart from goal scorers) are getting the lads to move into positions for the likes of Jorgi,Luiz, Kovacic (and whatever new CM we get) to pass to. Plus Daves long balls looking for a big target.

Pully looks like that he is able to do that.

kc_blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Worried about his scoring capabilities. Makes Willian look prolific.

Oh god sake. He's only 20 years old, not 30. Why are people making out his numbers won't get any better? 

communicate likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jason said:

Oh god sake. He's only 20 years old, not 30. Why are people making out his numbers won't get any better? 

If we bought a proven RW and Pulisic would be his understudy, thats fine.

But him being our main RW (hopefuly we dont see more of Willian in first 11 next season)? 

He may or may not be a decent finisher in the future, but right now he is worse than Willian in that aspect. And thats no exaggeration. 

Thats all we have to know. No ifs. No buts.

People wanted sarriball and now they complain. They better be prepared to see some Willian esque games with lot of frustration by Pulisic. 

Question1: Are they prepared to give whole season to player like that, hoping he will improve? 

Question2: chelsea being absolute shite in finishing off chances; can we afford another player who cant finish? 

I love the idea we got a player with his talent and all, but it couldnt come at worse moment. We have CHO if we want to develop a talent and give him alot of playtime. And thats nice, developing a talent. But we all know Chelsea completely sucks in this. 

What we needed right now (or in summer) is a top RW so that we can actualy improve. Period. Because if keep Hazard somehow he better have a damn quality teammate on RW. Because by the time Pulisic makes it (if), Eden will be on decline. 

Liverpool went for 3 prime years attackers and they are ripping rewards. 

We needed a quality RW for ages and board buys a 20 year old who is super raw for 60m. He is completely raw, nowhere near established or polished. Being american and all, he is hyped to the mars, but atm while being good talent, he isnt anywhere near Willians level, nevermind top quality.

Facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If we bought a proven RW and Pulisic would be his understudy, thats fine.

But him being our main RW (hopefuly we dont see more of Willian in first 11 next season)? 

He may or may not be a decent finisher in the future, but right now he is worse than Willian in that aspect. And thats no exaggeration. 

Thats all we have to know. No ifs. No buts.

People wanted sarriball and now they complain. They better be prepared to see some Willian esque games with lot of frustration by Pulisic. 

Question1: Are they prepared to give whole season to player like that, hoping he will improve? 

Question2: chelsea being absolute shite in finishing off chances; can we afford another player who cant finish? 

I love the idea we got a player with his talent and all, but it couldnt come at worse moment. We have CHO if we want to develop a talent and give him alot of playtime. And thats nice, developing a talent. But we all know Chelsea completely sucks in this. 

What we needed right now (or in summer) is a top RW so that we can actualy improve. Period. Because if keep Hazard somehow he better have a damn quality teammate on RW. Because by the time Pulisic makes it (if), Eden will be on decline. 

Liverpool went for 3 prime years attackers and they are ripping rewards. 

We needed a quality RW for ages and board buys a 20 year old who is super raw for 60m. He is completely raw, nowhere near established or polished. Being american and all, he is hyped to the mars, but atm while being good talent, he isnt anywhere near Willians level, nevermind top quality.

Facts.

I don't know whether to cry or laugh when you said Pulisic "isn't anywhere near Willian's level". It is true that Pulisic's goals and assists are less than Willian's this season but Pulisic only has 2 goals and 2 assists less than Willian and that despite playing 1044 minutes less than the latter. The difference between them is one has the potential to get better while the other doesn't and has stagnated for years. Also, I don't know why you make it sound as if Pulisic is the make-or-break signing for us attacking wise. I don't disagree that he needs to contribute the goals but we gotta make sure the goals come from elsewhere - midfielders, wingers and more importantly, the strikers! - and not just Pulisic. You used Liverpool as an example for signing attackers in their prime years and are ripping the rewards. Well, I will use Man City then. They signed Sane when he was 20 years old and Sterling when he was 21 and they haven't done too badly, have they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't know whether to cry or laugh when you said Pulisic "isn't anywhere near Willian's level". It is true that Pulisic's goals and assists are less than Willian's this season but Pulisic only has 2 goals and 2 assists less than Willian and that despite playing 1044 minutes less than the latter. The difference between them is one has the potential to get better while the other doesn't and has stagnated for years. Also, I don't know why you make it sound as if Pulisic is the make-or-break signing for us attacking wise. I don't disagree that he needs to contribute the goals but we gotta make sure the goals come from elsewhere - midfielders, wingers and more importantly, the strikers! - and not just Pulisic. You used Liverpool as an example for signing attackers in their prime years and are ripping the rewards. Well, I will use Man City then. They signed Sane when he was 20 years old and Sterling when he was 21 and they haven't done too badly, have they?

Sane and Sterling were closer to Mbappe development level than they were a prospect. They were already established in their clubs and made improvement. Pulisic has stagnated this season and even last season he was nowhere near as great as some want to picture him. Just a talent, but maybe marginaly better than a season before.

Still Sane took awhile to get used to the league. He was quite bad first couple of months. Sterling didnt have the same impact either.

And yeah Willian is better than Pulisic man. Potential wise obviously not, but current ability absolutely. Not saying Willian is great or anything, just that Pulisic isnt that good either.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Sane and Sterling were closer to Mbappe development level than they were a prospect. They were already established in their clubs and made improvement. Pulisic has stagnated this season and even last season he was nowhere near as great as some want to picture him. Just a talent, but maybe marginaly better than a season before.

Still Sane took awhile to get used to the league. He was quite bad first couple of months. Sterling didnt have the same impact either.

And yeah Willian is better than Pulisic man. Potential wise obviously not, but current ability absolutely. Not saying Willian is great or anything, just that Pulisic isnt that good either.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Sane and Sterling were closer to Mbappe development level than they were a prospect. They were already established in their clubs and made improvement. Pulisic has stagnated this season and even last season he was nowhere near as great as some want to picture him. Just a talent, but maybe marginaly better than a season before.

Still Sane took awhile to get used to the league. He was quite bad first couple of months. Sterling didnt have the same impact either.

And yeah Willian is better than Pulisic man. Potential wise obviously not, but current ability absolutely. Not saying Willian is great or anything, just that Pulisic isnt that good either.

Not so much with Sane (being similar in development to Mbappe). He only had one full year at topflight football, and had 9 goals, 7 assists in 42 games.

I was bouncing up and down for use to grab him, as I knew his potential and he fit my criteria for a massive player, but I got the usual bullshit from so many (he is too young, he plays in a weak league, he is a one season (wtf? off 9 goals???) wonder, etc etc etc.

You know, the same crap the Alonso and Willian fanboys/girls and the status quo'ers in general spew when new, great, young non EPL players are trumpeted here.

44638f64231dc2b972d116e1963295ef.png

To you main point, Sarri will play Willian over Pulisic every time atm, of that I am sure

unless

Willian is our new starting LWer after Eden and CHO leave and the board replaces them with fuckall (surely if that happens they have to at least buy Lozano or better)

Sarri will still probably play Pedro over Pulisic at RW then too

As most know, I am underwhelmed with Pulisic signing. I think a lot of it is a marketing gambit to fleece the yanks.

I hope he proves me wrong, but 15 goals in 115 topflight games, with many many as a starter on a pinball machine offence is hardly overwhelming. never more that 5 goals in a year.

2

3

4

1

those are his league goal totals for the last 3 and a half years

bdbd4b0f4f41ed1f7015fa53a7c95cd2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.