Christian Pulisic

the wes

Just now, communicate said:

Over CHO? Highly unlikely.
As no 10, we have a bit of midfield problem so maybe not.
Right winger over Willian, as out n out winger he will struggle right now.

For starters, Lampard has talked about merit. So if somebody's form tails off, then one would expect Lampard to look at alternatives in the squad. And furthermore, one would expect Pulisic to get better with time. So, who's to say he won't nail down a starting XI spot sometime soon or sometime down the line?

For starters, Lampard has talked about merit. So if somebody's form tails off, then one would expect Lampard to look at alternatives in the squad. And furthermore, one would expect Pulisic to get better with time. So, who's to say he won't nail down a starting XI spot sometime soon or sometime down the line?
Pulisic problem right now is pretty simple. He is just too weak. I am not an expert on strength training, but I highly doubt he can suddenly get stronger in a couple months.

For me right now at least he has shown that he can produce. So if CHO need a break, he will play Puli there instead of playing Mount as lw.

Just now, communicate said:

Pulisic problem right now is pretty simple. He is just too weak. I am not an expert on strength training, but I highly doubt he can suddenly get stronger in a couple months.

For me right now at least he has shown that he can produce. So if CHO need a break, he will play Puli there instead of playing Mount as lw.

STOP QUOTING ME ON PULISIC! :rant:

9 minutes ago, communicate said:

he could increase his core strength a lot and learn how to use his body better at least

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard recently hired a Strength and Conditioning coach. IIRC, Sarri didn't bother with the gym work stuff last season.

That is a good thing, but more than strength and conditioning, Puli needs to learn how to use his body. Around 84th min of the newcastle game, he was played a ball down the wing, which lascelles, just so easily went through him and retrieved the ball. There are players in our current squad itself who can teach him that, players like willian who literally ride a challenge and a tackle. 

4 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

That is a good thing, but more than strength and conditioning, Puli needs to learn how to use his body. Around 84th min of the newcastle game, he was played a ball down the wing, which lascelles, just so easily went through him and retrieved the ball. There are players in our current squad itself who can teach him that, players like willian who literally ride a challenge and a tackle. 

Agree with the general point but players can lose the ball, sometimes easily. There were other instances yesterday where Pulisic dribbled past challenges without turnovers, among other positives. 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3968465/chelseas-christian-pulisic-confident-scoring-touch-will-return

"It was a really good game, happy for the team, had a strong performance, they defended really well, and I was happy to make an impact," Pulisic told ESPN after the match.

It was a solid performance for Pulisic, who is still searching for his first goal with Chelsea since his $73 million summer move from Borussia Dortmund. He scored 13 goals during his three-year stint with the German club, along with 14 goals on international duty.

"I was going to shoot last-second, but I saw Tammy wide open and then DeAndre made an unbelievable block, so maybe I should have shot it," Pulisic told ESPN on the scoring chance. "I just don't have that scoring touch but I know it will come back."

"[Lampard] told me to do exactly what I'm doing now, continue to train hard, when i get my opportunity I have to take it," Pulisic said.

21 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Much better then Willian. 

I assume that after Pulisic gets adjusted to the epl like Jorgi he will easily take over Willian spot. 

No doubt about that. Especially considering Willian good form never lasts for more than a couple weeks. 

32 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Much better then Willian. 

I assume that after Pulisic gets adjusted to the epl like Jorgi he will easily take over Willian spot. 

More like Mount's place if he doesn't improve. Sancho will take Willian's spot next season.

1 hour ago, Nicco said:

More like Mount's place if he doesn't improve. Sancho will take Willian's spot next season.

Sancho 😂 fuck sake we will be towards the bottom of the list for Sancho come next summer. We wont spend the 100m minimum Dortmund will want. 

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sancho 😂 fuck sake we will be towards the bottom of the list for Sancho come next summer. We wont spend the 100m minimum Dortmund will want. 

Yes we will, we have Morata and Hazard money, still need to sell alot of the dross. 

This guy explains perfectly why he will likely come here if were in for him

35 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sancho is a boyhood Chelsea fan and best mates with Callum and Tammy.

Put that on top of the direction both clubs are heading i think we can comfortably beat United to his signature if we go for him.