Christian Pulisic

the wes

4 spots for LW/RW starter and depth of Hazard,Pedro,CHO and anyone of Pulisic or Bailey I`d be more than happy with. this year is the perfect year to give young a genuine shot. youth may be inconsistent but that`s what we get with most of our senior players. only youth got more chance of improving. even tho certain positions when we are talking players capable of incredible moments of skill are less likely to ever be able to pull it off week after week the way a great defender can. I don`t see Sarri being under great pressure this season..if he can get us moving in the right direction working to bridge the gap on the ground we have lost ready to challenge for the big trophies in year 2. 

Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Pulisic and Hudson Odoi? That would be pretty good options for out wide. As much as I rate CHO and Sarri obviously likes him I still think he’s not going to feature too regularly. Willian might go which would change things maybe yes but I still think Sarri will want to keep him at all costs alongside Eden.

11 hours ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

4 spots for LW/RW starter and depth of Hazard,Pedro,CHO and anyone of Pulisic or Bailey I`d be more than happy with. this year is the perfect year to give young a genuine shot. youth may be inconsistent but that`s what we get with most of our senior players. only youth got more chance of improving. even tho certain positions when we are talking players capable of incredible moments of skill are less likely to ever be able to pull it off week after week the way a great defender can. I don`t see Sarri being under great pressure this season..if he can get us moving in the right direction working to bridge the gap on the ground we have lost ready to challenge for the big trophies in year 2. 

You remember that bloke Roman dont you? He ever struck you as a patient chap?

3 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

£70 fuckin million!!!!

d40fdfc3fab857dc9175d118f742b641.gif

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

I guess you could bait Dortmund for a swap deal by including Bathuayi.

I would prefer to see if they would be open for swapping for Morata instead. There were links with them earlier in the summer, that they would prefer Morata to Bats.

The difference between Bats and Morata is mentality and whilst he isn't as naturally talented, i would rather keep Bats at the club. He won't drop his head over missing a chance or hide away, he'll keep trying. Morata on the other hand reminds me so badly of Torres, his confidence is so fragile and if he's not playing well and lacking confidence he'll go into hiding. 

Also I think the club would bring a striker in alongside Bats, whereas I get the impression because of the money we paid out that they would be reluctant to do this alongside Morata. Which is why finding a way to sell him is so imperative.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, Pizy said:

Willian dominated Barca last season and could've had a hattrick...

A much better performance than the one featured in the Pulisic video above. Nor was it Willian's only outstanding performance last season.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

I really hope we don't go for him. He isn't anything special. 

Plenty of options that'd be similar or cheaper, and at the same time better. 

He would add a huge American revenue stream, as their golden boy would be on the biggest team in their favourite foreign city. We really fucked up by not grabbing Malcom (Barca only paid £37m for him)

that said, I rate over him or about the same atm (in terms of remotely available RWers in January or, more likely summer of 2019)

Leon Bailey (by far the best option, although listed as a LW, he has stated many times he prefers to play inverted RW, that said, he will cost basically the same as Pulisic, maybe a wee bit less)

Ousmane Dembélé (more expensive than Pulisic though, and I no longer think Barca will sell him, as he is playing loads better this year)

Federico Chiesa (dealing with Fiorentina is a nightmare after the Salah shitstorm, and he will not come cheaply)

Federico Bernardeschi (Juve has 3 starting level RWers, but its Juve, they fuck us every time)

David Neres (I think he is superb, will cost in the £50m range I estimate, Ajax plays hardball)

Wilfried Zaha (will cost more than Pulisic and he just signed a new Palace contract, so a REALLY hard pull)

wild card .... Malcom (IF Dembele truly goes to next level, they may sell him to us, BUT, you can be assured, he will cost FAR more than the £37m they paid)

below him, but still good players (again I only list remotely available, I do not include players who transferred this summer, and some of these are probably not good enough for us)

Suso

Iñaki Williams

Rony Lopes

Cengiz Ünder

Marcel Sabitzer

Ángel Correa

Allan Saint-Maximin

Domenico Berardi

Maxwel Cornet

that's about it, most of the second group would be a big come down from what we expect to bring in

I think it comes down to Bailey, Pulisic, the two Federico's (I would prefer Chiesa) and Neres, and because of the Italian issues, it will end up being between the other 3

• 2 months later...