test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

Last Film You Watched

Started by Fulham Broadway,

1,908 posts in this topic
17 hours ago, Vesper said:

Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

Never really found it funny. But I have that problem with many comedies

Watched a few yesterday. Stayed in bed most of the day lol

Rewatched Aromic Blond cause I love Charlize Theron, (I had a hall pass for her lol)

Lucy. Again I love Scarlett Johansson. It was one of the few films where the main character turns into some super/outrageous and not wanted to kill all of mankind!

Holmes and Watson - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1255919/  ABSOLUTE UTTER PUTRID SHITE!!!

Then I got into a diferent mood lol

Decided to watch as much as I could find about LSD

So grabbed lots of films/documentaries on Hunter S Thompson. I know the guy was out there but he wrote a lot of great articles for Rolling Stone. Did a lood one on Casius Clays Rumble in the Jungle.  Fear and Loathing On The Campaign Trail in '72 following Nixon who he really hated with a passion. But he loved McGovern. He did a interview with Clinton, Great one on Watergate. LOADS! You can read them all on the Rolling Stone website https://www.rollingstone.com/author/hunter-s-thompson/page/2/   Some really good documentaries about him. Like Fear.And.Loathing.In.Gonzovision, The Crazy Never Die, Breakfast With Hunter, Buy The Ticket And Take The Ride,  

Also some docs about Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters and his association with Owsley - made White lightning and gave it to the Pranksers for their acid tests and to Leary to Turn on Tune In and Drop Out! lol  / Hoffman - 1st synthesized LSD in 1936 trying to make a drug to help the respiratory system. But he had accidentally put his finger into it and it got into his mouth!! And on the way home on his push bike he started to trip! Just imagine that lol /  Nicholas Sand and Tim Scully  - made Orange Sunshine - The.Sunshine.Makers  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4456270/

Heres the Hunter S Thompson Buy The Ticket and Take The Ride doc

Watched a good one last night, The Delivery Man

About a guy who made MANY visits to the sperm bank and after 20 years finds out he fathered 533 children!

With his life a bit of a mess he has to decide how to handle it when 142 of them want to take the clinic to court to find out who their 'father; was.

Good film

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2387559/

Pawn Shop Chronicles https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1741243/

A trilogy of stories anot items connected to the Pawn shop in a very strange town. Funny film

Johnnyeye likes this

Captain Marvel. Loved the soundtrack and was better then thought it was going to be. The cat was very cute and nice to see Samuel L Jackson have a bigger role. 

However the nap during the slow parts was also quite enjoyable.. 

Us... Really enjoyed it. The meanings behind bits were cute and some amazing scenes as well. I like the guys little brain. 

Pet Semetery.. Didn't really need a remake but meh. Easy to watch.. Cute cat until it wasn't that cute. 

Cinema guy asking how old we were before he'd even look at the phone ticket was a highlight.. Its a 15...we're both 29!! 

Johnnyeye and Fulham Broadway like this

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Us... Really enjoyed it. The meanings behind bits were cute and some amazing scenes as well. I like the guys little brain. 

Cinema guy asking how old we were before he'd even look at the phone ticket was a highlight.. Its a 15...we're both 29!! 

I enjoyed Us very much aswell. The first 90 minutes were a weird mixture of funniness and tension but the last 30 made everyone shut up in the theatre, it was thrilling. Very special movie.

I can relate, I am 25 and I have to show my ID like every time I buy beer :)

Johnnyeye and Laylabelle like this

16 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Avengers... Dun dun dunnnnnn.  Feels werid that its over in a way. Many many years. 

cant wait to watch it :)

I watch Columbo episodes these days.
Never gets boring.
Also "36 hours". I was very impressed when I first saw it as a child so I managed to google out the title. James Garner plays the hero, but the plot is no good really.
An amateur detective would have deduced he was telling the truth about Normandy.

Seen Avengers End Game on Friday. I was speechless at it, 11 years in the making, 22 movies, a great movie with a very interesting mixture of certain character arcs starting/finishing and a great conclusion for the whole long term vision Marvel has been bulding in the first 3 phases. Very excited to see where they go from here and also to see what DC do with the new Wonder Woman and Batman films (wont even scratch the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy, DC should of just left it at that as opposed to the whole Batman vs Superman and Justice League shite which totally ruined Batman for me after Nolan successfully recreated the character in film in a much more darker, realisitc way althought I felt Ben Affleck was a decent actor to be Batman just the movies lacked everything Nolans trilogy had in terms of story telling, realism, origin story etc and quite frankly I think Christian Bale pulled the character off better) which is probably not gonna be out for another 2 years at least. Also very excited for John Wick 3 on the 17th of May, cant beat Keanu Reeves.

14 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Avengers... Dun dun dunnnnnn.  Feels werid that its over in a way. Many many years. 

It does feel sad that it's all over. Was watching it last Friday and a guy behind me was literally crying and crying hard. 🙈

Anyway, gonna watch it for the third time this week! :D 

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Seen Avengers End Game on Friday. I was speechless at it, 11 years in the making, 22 movies, a great movie with a very interesting mixture of certain character arcs starting/finishing and a great conclusion for the whole long term vision Marvel has been bulding in the first 3 phases. Very excited to see where they go from here and also to see what DC do with the new Wonder Woman and Batman films (wont even scratch the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy, DC should of just left it at that as opposed to the whole Batman vs Superman and Justice League shite which totally ruined Batman for me after Nolan successfully recreated the character in film in a much more darker, realisitc way althought I felt Ben Affleck was a decent actor to be Batman just the movies lacked everything Nolans trilogy had in terms of story telling, realism, origin story etc and quite frankly I think Christian Bale pulled the character off better) which is probably not gonna be out for another 2 years at least. Also very excited for John Wick 3 on the 17th of May, cant beat Keanu Reeves.

Oh lord Batman and that Martha moment... 

OneMoSalah and Johnnyeye like this

On 4/29/2019 at 2:44 AM, OneMoSalah said:

Are spoilers alowed? If not I will delete this, but anyone who reads this should stop if he didnt see the movie yet...

---

Its great movie indeed. There were moments that didnt make much sense (Thanos without stones beating Thor, Iron Man and Cap with ease, while Thor alone beat him in infinity war with Stonebreaker). Convenient that Cap Marvel only appeared when Thanos had advantage; at the beggining when he already destroyed the stones, in the end when he already got them for the second time. Any moment in between, she would kick his ass alone and end the story. The arrival of all avengers prior to the battle in the end was also very corny, but that was expected since its final movie and there were many overly dramatic scenes like slow-mo etc. The scene when all female heroed unite was also pointless. Cap Marvel is powerful to blast through that army alone, she went straight through the ship earlier. Then she suddenly needs help from other nearby heroes that all appear to be female? I love diversity but disney intentionaly tries to push femminism in your face. I mean they are female and they kick ass in entire movie and all remaining 21. Why do they need to explicitly make a point with those solo scenes that look so forced and are there just to say we are women and we can fight equaly fight alone too. As if we didnt get that naturaly from previous scenes where they were amazing. That happend in cap marvel standalone movie too. Yes she is female. We all see it. Yet disney wants to plaster it all over our faces. She is badass because who she is, not because she is a woman. They dont point out that Cap (or any other dude) is male every single time he appears. Its obvious he is a male. Also what was that buildup to Nat death? Ill go, no Ill go, dramatic moment, slo-mo, he jumps, she caches him, etc...a simple Ill go because you have family to take care of would be way more powerful and emotional than trying to beat each other who will jump first. Hawkeye would hesitate, but he would know she is right because the kids need him and that would make it emotional. I mean, the main reason he went to help was to be reunited with family. He didnt look for Nat in all these 5 years and now he wants to kill himself to save her and potentialy leave the kids without a father? Its noble obviously, but makes no sense.

I do wish the movie was 30min or so longer. Starlord, Gamora, Wasp, Groot, Bucky,...didnt get nearly as much screentime as they deserved, regardless if they aint key characters in this movie. They all pulled weight in their standalone films and their role here makes them look as if they are some minor parts in franchise, which is false.

That said, the rest of the movie was superb. Half of it looked like a parody (but in a great, funny way) on the whole MCU (fat Thor haha), then it gets darker, serious. The ending is great too. Overall funny, sad, nostalgic, dramatic, action packed movie with proper conclusion to the franchise so far. Cap and IronMan will be missed, but their departure give older movies even more weight. 

As for Thanos, its possible that he indeed did win actualy. Half of population is now back in this fucked up world with way smaller amounts of food. Also those who came back were gone for couple min while people on earth spent 5 years. That means those who returned might realise their kids died because no one took care of them, their parents died of age etc. It will be a massive chaos. Thanos fullfills his destiny either way. Its inevitable.

Its not the end though. Spidey 2, Guardians 3, Thor 4, Doc Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Cap Marvel 2 are all in the plan already. We will definately see more of the new Cap America too (Falcon). 

Its just a realy frickin shame Guardians 3 wont be happening next year but in 2022 because of the Gunn fiasco. 

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Are spoilers alowed? If not I will delete this, but anyone who reads this should stop if he didnt see the movie yet...

---

Its great movie indeed. There were moments that didnt make much sense (Thanos without stones beating Thor, Iron Man and Cap with ease, while Thor alone beat him in infinity war with Stonebreaker)

Agree with almost everything except the quoted.

I think that fight sequence (cap-iron man-thor) vs Thanos was perfectly executed. Thor was weak as shit in this movie. His weapons derive powers from him. In infinity war, his life had one aim - revenge. He was in his prime condition. In endgame he was suffering from depression (PTSD) and literally was no competition to his old self. Same goes for iron Man who probably was retired. So it made sense that both of them got their asses handed to them despite being the biggest threat in IW. 

Also, I did not understand the snap at the end.

1. The snap is reversible so what if someone goes rogue and reverses the snap in the future?

2. Thanos without the gauntlet is a very considerable foe but given the superheroes against him and his army, he was toast. Dr. Strange, Scarlett witch, captain marvel can go toe to toe against him and get the job done of actually killing him and his army. The sacrifice was probably the most stupid thing of the movie 

3. We see hulk and thanos becoming immobile after they wield the whole gauntlet. Iron Man just says "I am iron Man" and snap. The guy should have gotten evaporated specially given how much hulk suffers.

OneMoSalah and Johnnyeye like this

1 hour ago, bakayokofan said:

Agree with almost everything except the quoted.

I think that fight sequence (cap-iron man-thor) vs Thanos was perfectly executed. Thor was weak as shit in this movie. His weapons derive powers from him. In infinity war, his life had one aim - revenge. He was in his prime condition. In endgame he was suffering from depression (PTSD) and literally was no competition to his old self. Same goes for iron Man who probably was retired. So it made sense that both of them got their asses handed to them despite being the biggest threat in IW. 

Also, I did not understand the snap at the end.

1. The snap is reversible so what if someone goes rogue and reverses the snap in the future?

2. Thanos without the gauntlet is a very considerable foe but given the superheroes against him and his army, he was toast. Dr. Strange, Scarlett witch, captain marvel can go toe to toe against him and get the job done of actually killing him and his army. The sacrifice was probably the most stupid thing of the movie 

3. We see hulk and thanos becoming immobile after they wield the whole gauntlet. Iron Man just says "I am iron Man" and snap. The guy should have gotten evaporated specially given how much hulk suffers.

Thor was weaker, but he was still the god of thunder. Thanos didnt have a single stone either compared to IW. IMO he should still be able to come on top. Scarlett and Strange (now without time stone) were never as powerful in the movies as they are in comics (not yet atleast). If there could be one to easily defeat Thanos, its Marvel.

That said Strange did say its only one chance out of 14m, so it had to be IronMan. Any other, be it Strange, Scarlett or Marvel would fail, regardless of the odds and Thanos would come on top. It was also suitable, as IronMan started all in 2008 and now ends the chapter. I loved the part where he goes in the past and his dad says one thing he hates about himself if that he always picks personal gain over greater good. And now Tony gave his life with daughter and wife away to save people which is the opposite of who he was 10 years ago. 

It also makes sense because few had to die to give Thanos meaning some weight. If no one died, it would look like everything was just overblown with no consequences. 

I agree IronMan should be done after snap, but again it was fitting to give him couple more min to say goodbye to his friends. 

Also the snap is reversible but given Thanos was the only one to get two or more stones, its unlikely anyone will get them anytime soon.

I also loved the Cap ending. He finaly got his dance with Peggy after all those years. That was wonderfuly executed.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Thor was weaker, but he was still the god of thunder. Thanos didnt have a single stone either compared to IW. IMO he should still be able to come on top. Scarlett and Strange (now without time stone) were never as powerful in the movies as they are in comics (not yet atleast). If there could be one to easily defeat Thanos, its Marvel.

That said Strange did say its only one chance out of 14m, so it had to be IronMan. Any other, be it Strange, Scarlett or Marvel would fail, regardless of the odds and Thanos would come on top. It was also suitable, as IronMan started all in 2008 and now ends the chapter. I loved the part where he goes in the past and his dad says one thing he hates about himself if that he always picks personal gain over greater good. And now Tony gave his life with daughter and wife away to save people which is the opposite of who he was 10 years ago. 

It also makes sense because few had to die to give Thanos meaning some weight. If no one died, it would look like everything was just overblown with no consequences. 

I agree IronMan should be done after snap, but again it was fitting to give him couple more min to say goodbye to his friends. 

Also the snap is reversible but given Thanos was the only one to get two or more stones, its unlikely anyone will get them anytime soon.

I also loved the Cap ending. He finaly got his dance with Peggy after all those years. That was wonderfuly executed.

To be fair to strange he did give a good account of himself against a 4stone Thanos. 

But totally agree regarding cap. If anyone deserved it, it was him. Bawled my eyes out at the end. 

Johnnyeye and BlueLyon like this

6 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

watched Avengers End Game last night, it simply blew my mind away, great movie and ending to this saga, i left the movie theater feeling sad, its been an amazing 11 years of MCU since the first Iron Man.

First thing I did after watching it was play hooked on a feeling by blue swede when I drove back home.

Felt like Im on a fucking space adventure :D

Johnnyeye likes this

Saw the new Aladdin and really enjoyed it. All very colourful! Know Will Smith was always going to be so different to Robin Williams but he did make it his own. 

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this