Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

The new Spiderman was interesting, went to see it with some mates last week, didn't see the first one of the remakes but I preferred Andrew Garfield as Spiderman in comparison to Tobey Maguire in the previous films. It had more funny moments in it, obviously not a comedy film but it was more appealing to me because it wasn't just dead serious the whole time.

I agree. It took forever to finish that fucking movie, and it wasn't even good.

It werent to bad till it started raining.Thought it was gana end quickly from there.Instead it just went really random,Got Unlimited card so didnt really have to pay for it...glad bout that lol

The new Spiderman was interesting, went to see it with some mates last week, didn't see the first one of the remakes but I preferred Andrew Garfield as Spiderman in comparison to Tobey Maguire in the previous films. It had more funny moments in it, obviously not a comedy film but it was more appealing to me because it wasn't just dead serious the whole time.

So, is it a good or bad movie..? :P

Sunshine. Film title is a bit dodgy but the movie itself turned out to be even better than expected. It was a well executed film from the plot, graphics and how it progresses with the storyline, suspense and tension as well as the acting from the casts. Captivating and gripping.

This is my review of the movie "Her"

When I decided to go see the movie "Her", I went based on one reason,
and one reason alone: Joaquin Phoenix, my favorite actor, was in it. Because I have seen all of his movies, I needed to see this one. I never thought I would like it, in fact I assumed it would be one of my least favorite of his movies.

I read the reviews online, and it was very highly rated among critics and online reviewers alike, so that made me slightly more optimistic for a promising picture.

Here is some background into the movie before I start the review itself.

The movie is set in Los Angeles in a semi-futuristic society. I would guess it to be about 2018 or 2020. It's in the future, but not that far into the future. Theodore Twombly (Joaquin Phoenix) is a writer for an online service where one can hire someone to write loving letters to their life partner. Anyway, he has a best friend named Amy (Amy Adams) and they seem to have been friends for a long time. She's married to this other guy, and Theodore is going through a divorce. He has trouble letting go. About this time, he gets this new operating system. Samantha the OS (Scarlett Johansson's voice) quickly becomes his friend and convinces him to let go, and he does. Meanwhile, Amy goes through a split of her own, and befriends the unnamed OS left by her husband when he moved out.

Now, on to the review.

The first thing that I feel I should mention is that not once did it lose my attention. What Spike Jonze did with this picture as the writer and director was he made the picture completely immersive. You become keenly aware of the world of Theodore Twombly. Every time he feels an emotion, you feel the same emotion for him. That is not only a testament to the production of the movie, but to Joaquin Phoenix as an actor. The characters are very genuine and the way they are developed is phenomenal. I'll touch more on this later.

The plot of the movie is absolutely genius. This is because it is not the plot you would expect walking into the theater. I expected, just as everyone on social media, that it would be about this weirdo guy falling in love with a computer. However, it was much more than that. The relationship between Theodore and Samantha was a bit of a sci-fi twist in a movie that to my surprise, was not hardly at all sci-fi. Is it weird? Yes. Just a bit. But because the plot is much more developed than the theme of the movie suggests, it works very well. What I like most about the plot is that it is not about Theodore loving his computer/phone OS. In fact, that is used almost solely as a way to develop the friendship of Theodore and Amy.

This I think was what I loved most about the movie. The plot of the movie was in direct relation to the development of the relationship between the characters Theodore and Amy. Nothing progressed to slowly and nothing felt rushed, either. Even though the OS's played a vital role in the movie, it was still based around Amy and Theodore.

As far as the actors go, Joaquin Phoenix was brilliant. This was another stellar performance for him. Amy Adams and Scarlett Johansson were both great as well, but they did not blow me away.

All in all, I was very pleased with the movie "Her". It was a touching insight into the human emotion, and it was done with a little bit of sci-fi, a little bit of romantic comedy, and a little bit of drama all rolled into one package. I give this movie a 9/10 and would highly recommend it to those mature enough to handle the many adult themes and scenes that are portrayed in the picture. They say don't judge a book by it's cover, and definitely don't be quick to write this movie off. It is a fantastic production and I would highly recommend it.

Its good aye!

Have watched The Amazing Spiderman 2. Thought it was neat and alright but the whole thing felt just a bit too safe. Not that it was bad but could have been even better. Love the humour and chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone though.

Edited by BluesMaster

• 2 weeks later...

The latest Godzilla film. The visuals and graphics of the creatures were amazing and at times, I was like "holy shit!". Could well worth a watch in 3D. However, can't help but to laugh at some of the hilarious awkward executed/cringey scenes/moments. :lol:

The latest Godzilla film. The visuals and graphics of the creatures were amazing and at times, I was like "holy shit!". Could well worth a watch in 3D. However, can't help but to laugh at some of the hilarious awkward executed/cringey scenes/moments. :lol:

Yeah, some scenes are just unnecessary in the way they're taken :lol:. Absolutely brilliant movie overall though and definitely worth watching in 3D (if not even a MUST watch in 3D).

Yeah, some scenes are just unnecessary in the way they're taken :lol:. Absolutely brilliant movie overall though and definitely worth watching in 3D (if not even a MUST watch in 3D).

That part in particular where Godzilla killed the female Muto was just :lol: :lol: :lol:

What was posted on the TV Screen at the end,

"King of all Monsters"

That was ridiculous.

Other than that, I thought the movie was brilliant, in fact utterly brilliant. People will complain how he wasn't really much on screen as the other two monsters, but the director purposely did that to build up the tension for when he finally arrived, which I thought worked perfectly.

The scene where Godzilla approaches the first Monster and the camera angle begins as his feet and works its way to his face and he shouts out his iconic roar, literally everyone in the theatre clapped or said 'holy shite!"