test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Strike

Ben Chilwell

Started by Strike,

485 posts in this topic

Leicester are determined to reject any attempt from Chelsea to sign Ben Chilwell in January if their transfer ban is lifted. (Evening Standard)

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

Leicester are determined to reject any attempt from Chelsea to sign Ben Chilwell in January if their transfer ban is lifted. (Evening Standard)

Never said anything about the summer. :ph34r:

On 10/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

Gaya the better and cheaper option

Yeah if we can't get Chillwell I will settle for Gaya as second. 

But I think Chillwell is worth the price. We will pay a premium for English players. 

And I don't mind paying that for young top players. 

NikkiCFC likes this

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Never said anything about the summer. :ph34r:

Ofc we won't sign him in January. No one is expecting that but in the summer we can definitely do it!

On 15/10/2019 at 5:50 AM, the wes said:

Our number one priority should be CB not a LB atm

This. We need another CB that can marshall the defence. Zouma, AC and Tomori are all CB2/Covering defenders (think Gallas/Riccy C) and Rudi is the only one that is a CB1/Leader (think JT/Cahill). That for me is the second biggest reason we are still conceeding too many goals, with the first being Kepa's inability to control his box and specifically his 6 yard area. So yes, CF2, CB and possibly a AM to replace Pedro (depending on who the CF2 is) are priorities over a LB as Emerson at LB1 and Alonso at LB2 is not the worst combo. 

From the available players list, he is a no brainer. English, young and super promising.

But looking at the list of players we realy need are CB, RW and striker. 

17 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

But looking at the list of players we realy need are CB, RW and striker. 

CB? Some guys here think we are fine with Zouma and Tomori 😂

9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

CB? Some guys here think we are fine with Zouma and Tomori 😂

We are getting better tbh, but simply not enough experience or leadership which shows in some games where we defend realy stupidly.

I just looked at some stats to compare Gaya, Emerson and Chillwell. Emerson is the best tackler and has most interceptions out of the Three.Chillwell has more clearances. Emerson is the better dribbler, while Chillwell has more key passes.Assist wise Chillwell is superior than the other ones and a little bit more keypasses. Chillwell also loses the ball more often than the other two. So it is pretty even. Gaya is the worst compared Two the other.

So, is Chillwell really that Good? I just watched a 10 Minute Highlight Video of him and he did not impress me that much. For 60 mio. Player I expect Ashley Cole and not a Harry Maguire( not saying Chillwell is that bad, but I expect someone Really World class for that amount of money )

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

On 11/24/2019 at 6:39 PM, killer1257 said:

I just looked at some stats to compare Gaya, Emerson and Chillwell. Emerson is the best tackler and has most interceptions out of the Three.Chillwell has more clearances. Emerson is the better dribbler, while Chillwell has more key passes.Assist wise Chillwell is superior than the other ones and a little bit more keypasses. Chillwell also loses the ball more often than the other two. So it is pretty even. Gaya is the worst compared Two the other.

So, is Chillwell really that Good? I just watched a 10 Minute Highlight Video of him and he did not impress me that much. For 60 mio. Player I expect Ashley Cole and not a Harry Maguire( not saying Chillwell is that bad, but I expect someone Really World class for that amount of money )

EKXcHc2UEAEemUU?format=png&name=small

:ph34r:

ja1 likes this

On 24/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, killer1257 said:

Ok, so you dont rate Chilwell. Who do you suggest we buy?

Our leftback situation is dire most games. If we do nothing and roll with what we have next season is going to be an ugly time on this board unless Maatsen pops up out of nowhere.

If the team doesn't see the need to fix LB, then I will not be shocked if they do nothing in terms of CB, maybe maybe flip AC for Áke.

With Pedro gone, (and maybe Willian) their hands are forced to buy at least one RWer. I do not see us paying the crazy cash it will take to pull Sancho. I am not even sure if I would pay it, as he seems to be developing into a prima donna Dembele/Bailey headcase type (he is not there yet though.) I think we renew Willian and after that I really have no clue who we buy or even if we buy. Maybe we just ram Mount and RLC into a reserve winger role.

I am not even sure if we buy a CF if we (odds are very high we do) miss out on £25m release clause Werner. I can see the club saying 2 strikers (Tammy and Bats and then Ugbo if needed) is enough.

In short, it will not shock me if we spend fuckall. Maybe replace Wille and do the AC for Áke flip (which should be close to neutral £££).

But again, I ask, lets say we DO at least try for a LB. Who would you buy?

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Look at his marking on Mahrez's goal over the weekend. Virtually identical to the one against us and Emerson got slated for it. 

I will ask you, and all the others

if not Chilwell, then who?

people do not like my suggestion of the very affordable (£32m RC) Alex Telles (the bloke has had FIFTY assists in the past 3 and half seasons, he is a deadly corner taker too) I have watched him four the past 4 years, and he is far better than what we have now

you yourself do not like Grimaldo

Gaya is 100m euros and no way is he worth that, hell no no no

Alex Sandro turns 30 in a year and a month

Malang Sarr is now back to CB, his LB experiment was a fail

we missed out on a potential superstar in Alphonso Davies (he has been a BEAST so far for Bayern after they switched him from Winger to LB) due to the ban

that said, there is probably no way they will sell Alaba for less than 90-100m euros (and he is 28 next season, turns 29 in June, 2021 at the end of next season)

we missed out on Renan Lodi due to the ban

so......

either we are the mystery club (and the lad is only 18 so no way can we just toss him to the wolves) here

Premier League side makes €30m bid for Angers left-back Rayan Aït-Nouri

OR

we may just stick with Emerson and Alonso IF we fail on Chilwell and refuse to buy Telles

Lucas Digne?????? Everton would rape us, demand an even swap, Zouma for him, and Digne is NOT worth what Zouma is IMHO

Shitty's scraps? HELL NO, FUCK THAT SHIT

maybe, MAYBE we go for Theo Hernandez, who has finally started playing a wee bit like his WC older brother and is a big LB (1.84m, 2 cms taller than Lucas), but he loves Milan, even if they are doing shit atm, Maldini talked him into turning down multiple other big clubs

there simply are not that many good LB's (let alone great ones) out there at a buying age :(

MoroccanBlue likes this