21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

People will say he is not that great or too expensive just like Van Dijk or Mahrez was.

And again we miss on these very good PL players, then you see them perform great for rivals while we try some foreign league talents who dont fit the PL.

He is the real deal. Impressed with him every time I see him and seeing him live at the Bridge on Saturday, he was absolutely fantastic. Defends well and attacks excellently. Every time he attacked on Saturday, we could not stop him. Just a non-stop engine. City need to assess Mendy. If he continues to be injury-proned, would not be surprised. Would we have enough confidence to buy a 22 year old and put him straight in the first-team? Not sure. Will be interesting to see in the summer.

21 hours ago, Stats said:

He is the real deal. Impressed with him every time I see him and seeing him live at the Bridge on Saturday, he was absolutely fantastic. Defends well and attacks excellently. Every time he attacked on Saturday, we could not stop him. Just a non-stop engine. City need to assess Mendy. If he continues to be injury-proned, would not be surprised. Would we have enough confidence to buy a 22 year old and put him straight in the first-team? Not sure. Will be interesting to see in the summer.

Hard to see us spending £50m on LB Chilwell (we should buy Firpo for £45m IMHO) when Sarri and the board think we have the second coming in Alonso. If Sarri refuses to bench him soon and trots him out for the rest of the season (Willian falls into this category too) then when/if he gets the sacking, here is exhibit A.

Obviously I prefer Firpo, but Chilwell would also be a huge upgrade. Big advantage Chilwell has is he is HG.

I will say that it is 95% likely that Shitty buy Firpo or Chilwell or José Gayà or Alex Telles either in January or the summer. Lucas Hernandez is off the board, as he is going to Bayern. He is the best of the lot, as he also is a superb CB, which is where Bayern will use him).

What do you think of Kieran Tierney? He seems to be very similar to Robertson and now Chilwell. Just not sure if he is at same level. Scottish League is so hard to judge players in, as it is so shit.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Hard to see us spending £50m on LB Chilwell (we should buy Firpo for £45m IMHO) when Sarri and the board think we have the second coming in Alonso. If Sarri refuses to bench him soon and trots him out for the rest of the season (Willian falls into this category too) then when/if he gets the sacking, here is exhibit A.

Obviously I prefer Firpo, but Chilwell would also be a huge upgrade. Big advantage Chilwell has is he is HG.

I will say that it is 95% likely that Shitty buy Firpo or Chilwell or José Gayà or Alex Telles either in January or the summer. Lucas Hernandez is off the board, as he is going to Bayern. He is the best of the lot, as he also is a superb CB, which is where Bayern will use him).

What do you think of Kieran Tierney? He seems to be very similar to Robertson and now Chilwell. Just not sure if he is at same level. Scottish League is so hard to judge players in, as it is so shit.

Not seen Firpo tbh but take your word for it. But yeah, I don't see the board signing the two. The only difficulty with City spending so much money on another LB is they invested a lot in Mendy so if he gets over his injury problems, I don't see them spending heavy, however if his injuries continue, defo see them going for Chilwell. I have been very impressed with Tierney when I see him but like you said, because the level is a lot inferior in Scotland, difficult to judge. We defo would not buy him for that reason. He would need to make the step up to a mid-table PL team or so then prove himself. Similar to how Robertson done who is arguably the best LB in the league.

27 minutes ago, Stats said:

Not seen Firpo tbh but take your word for it. But yeah, I don't see the board signing the two. The only difficulty with City spending so much money on another LB is they invested a lot in Mendy so if he gets over his injury problems, I don't see them spending heavy, however if his injuries continue, defo see them going for Chilwell. I have been very impressed with Tierney when I see him but like you said, because the level is a lot inferior in Scotland, difficult to judge. We defo would not buy him for that reason. He would need to make the step up to a mid-table PL team or so then prove himself. Similar to how Robertson done who is arguably the best LB in the league.

Yes. Agreed. Ain't Roberstson the dogs bollocks? Grrrr KILLS ME to see him wearing bin-dipper red.:rant:

Always will have a soft part of me heart for jocks, as on me mum's Bajan side thats our major Brit genetic part, plus I did an away semester at Univ. of Edinburgh. Fucking love that city!!

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yes. Agreed. Ain't Riberstson the dogs bollocks? Grrrr KILLS ME to see him wearing bin-dipper red.:rant:

Always will have a soft part of me heart for jocks, as on me mum's Bajan side thats our major Brit genetic part, plus I did an away semester at Univ. of Edinburgh. Fucking love that city!!

Oh nice. Caribbean blood. I am Jamaican, however born in England.

Just now, Stats said:

Oh nice. Caribbean blood. I am Jamaican, however born in England.

Ah, a Windrush yardie?

My father is Swedish, mum is Bajan, they met ages ago, in the 60's in a London jazz club, when she was the stand-in for the regular singer, he was a clarinettist, and it was love at first sight.:wub:

I am an accident baby, I am 20 years younger than any of my other siblings, lolol.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ah, a Windrush yardie?

My father is Swedish, mum is Bajan, they met ages ago, in the 60's in a London jazz club, when she was the stand-in for the regular singer, he was a clarinettist, and it was love at first sight.:wub:

I am an accident baby, I am 20 years younger than any of my other siblings, lolol.

Well my grandparents spoke a strong Patois that I could not understand.  I wish I could put on the Jamaican accent but I cannot. Nice mix you have there. Swedes are hot :D

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Well my grandparents spoke a strong Patois that I could not understand.  I wish I could put on the Jamaican accent but I cannot. Nice mix you have there. Swedes are hot :D

many a summer down in Christchurch mek me straight a proper bim bish, lololol

check out  (cross posted in Music)

serious wuk it up!

ps

full stop Swedes are HOT (I married one!!)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ja1 said:

He is a good player but to me he has a similar skill set, potential and quality to Emerson. Should maybe aim for someone bit better.

I rate him much higher than Emerson, who has shown me not much at all since he has came. Chilwell and Ricardo Pereira have been tear teams apart as a fullback duo lately, including us. Plus he is homegrown. 

here are my thoughts on RB targets

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

I rate him much higher than Emerson, who has shown me not much at all since he has came. Chilwell and Ricardo Pereira have been tear teams apart as a fullback duo lately, including us. Plus he is homegrown. 

here are my thoughts on RB targets

I think if Emerson was starting every game at Leicester he’d probably look just as impressive. Just my feeling.

This is the right move to make but Chelsea wont make it. It solves the home grown problem and upgrades our squad at the same time for years to come. Also is anyone not concerned we are not being linked to any full backs or wingers considering thats our biggest weakness at the moment?