test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Strike

Ben Chilwell

Started by Strike,

485 posts in this topic
Much better than a window where we don't at least try to address our problems.
Big sign that the club is backing FL (if these are his guys which it would appear so at least in part).

Going forward is gonna be exciting. May take a few years off your life defensively but damn we will have some exciting games next season (hopefully)
Definitely looks like it will be hell raising at both ends

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Not sure of what to make of this.

While he won't fix problems in defense, he will most certainly improve it in other ways.

It would be almost like us having Marcel Desaiily back in the 2000's, when he had strong influence on the growth of JT as a defender. Could really help out some of our younger defenders, in terms of mentality.

The question is,...is that what Frank really wants for next season?

We don't have much of a choice, do we? There is no market for a CB right now and even Rice, Lampard's no.1 target, will cost a fortune. We don't have a bottomless pit of cash. 

"Chelsea are paying an initial £50 million, with further money believed to be due on installments."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/08/21/chelsea-close-signing-ben-chilwell-leicester-city-50m-deal/
More horrible news . I hate Leicester now. They are ripping off other English clubs with with their average English players

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Supermonkey92 and Atomiswave like this

6 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Just because you an advantage doesn't mean you need to throw money at every average Joe like Chilwell. If anything I feel his signature killed a lot of our advantage, could've bought someone else for the 30-40 million and get Reguilon.

killer1257, lucio and Tautvix like this

21 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Absolute statement that. Welcome to our future! 

oldportblue likes this

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Why are people so concerned about price? City spent more on Cancelo and Mendy and they are not even starters. 

And now they go again with Ake, Koulibaly... 

that is true. 50m seems to be the standard price for an average but young, up and coming full back. Cancelo, Mendy are not even much better than Chilwell now.

Why are people so concerned about price? City spent more on Cancelo and Mendy and they are not even starters. 

Price is important because Barcelona overpaid for many players and now do not have any money left.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

BXL70 likes this

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Stick around we need you for when havertz is announced

Soon ;)

that is true. 50m seems to be the standard price for an average but young, up and coming full back. Cancelo, Mendy are not even much better than Chilwell now.
The telegraph link said 50m is only the initial payment with add ons. 60m+ is a ripoff.

I rate him at 40m. Nothing more. 50m I can live with given City fucked the market up. If we paid 60m+ (which is ridiculous) then we have wasted money whilst we have 2-3 other roles to fill

Atomiswave likes this

21 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Price is important because Barcelona overpaid for many players and now do not have any money left.

It is not the same when you pay 50m or 25m for a full back or when you spend +100m for three players. Not to mention salaries. Griezmann have 800k ffs. 

32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Shame we didn't go for a good CB like koulibaly...

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Drogba
Robben
Cech
Thiago
Carvalho
Paulo F
Kezman

Ridiculous

Ranieri bought Cech and Robben.

6 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

The telegraph link said 50m is only the initial payment with add ons. 60m+ is a ripoff.

I rate him at 40m. Nothing more. 50m I can live with given City fucked the market up. If we paid 60m+ (which is ridiculous) then we have wasted money whilst we have 2-3 other roles to fill

If there is any transfer purchase that is wasteful, it is Havertz...