test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Nicolas Pepe

Started by Unionjack,

242 posts in this topic
Just now, mccg said:

I'd let Pedro go and keep CHO

CHO is gone, unfortunately:(

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11618926/callum-hudson-odoi-hands-in-chelsea-transfer-request-to-secure-bayern-munich-transfer

we either sell him or, like others have said, ship him back to the youth team for next 18 months (as a deterrent to this shit in the future)

I vote the 2nd (and I am miss money counter, and realise we are tossing away £35m)

he is a fucking rat, especially as Eden is 90% leaving, thus massively opening up LW

 

mccg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

CHO is gone, unfortunately:(

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11618926/callum-hudson-odoi-hands-in-chelsea-transfer-request-to-secure-bayern-munich-transfer

we either sell him or, like others have said, ship him back to the youth team for next 18 months (as a deterrent to this shit in the future)

I vote the 2nd (and I am miss money counter, and realise we are tossing away £35m)

he is a fucking rat, especially as Eden is 90% leaving, thus massively opening up LW

 

Remember the Malouda situation , kinda different situ but chelsea held firm 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Remember the Malouda situation , kinda different situ but chelsea held firm 
No one was offering £40m~, though.

I don't see the club turning that down should the rumours be true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

No one was offering £40m~, though.

I don't see the club turning that down should the rumours be true.

Yeah  as i mentioned different situ, but they did stand firm and let him rot in the reserves , so depends how Roman and co want to play it . He has a 18 months left  on his contract  ,we can make 40 mill no sweat selling(Rahman-Hector-Kalas-Kane-Miazga,and thats just afew of the defenders on loan lol another 30+ players lol )Roman just got 500mill from another wee company he owns 1/3(11bn now)  -so if shit hits the fan 40mill ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

'Absolute baller, sign him now' - Chelsea fans go nuts as Arsenal target 'dreams' of Blues move

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/nicolas-pepe-chelsea-arsenal-transfer-15736774

SIGN HIM NOW!!!

Even supports us!

That's the type of players you want at the club not players who put in a transfer request Pépé reminds me so much of Barcelona dembele 

Unionjack and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have gone for this guy instead of Pulisic. He isnt finished article and needs quite some tactical learning because he loses the ball a bit too often and doesnt track enough, but Pulisic isnt finished product either. Pepe has way more end product and directness compared to Pulisic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Should have gone for this guy instead of Pulisic. He isnt finished article and needs quite some tactical learning because he loses the ball a bit too often and doesnt track enough, but Pulisic isnt finished product either. Pepe has way more end product and directness compared to Pulisic.

Pepe is 3 years older though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Pepe is 3 years older though.

Indeed. But we need players with more end product. We already have young talent in CHO if we want to develop. 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Indeed. But we need players with more end product. We already have young talent in CHO if we want to develop. 

CHO is leaving I believe. I want to believe we sell at least one of Willian/Pedro in the summer as well if not both and get Lozano/Pepe/Fekir

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nicco said:

CHO is leaving I believe. I want to believe we sell at least one of Willian/Pedro in the summer as well if not both and get Lozano/Pepe/Fekir

Yes buddy these are definitely the standard of player we desperately need.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2019 at 8:34 AM, Unionjack said:

'Absolute baller, sign him now' - Chelsea fans go nuts as Arsenal target 'dreams' of Blues move

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/nicolas-pepe-chelsea-arsenal-transfer-15736774

SIGN HIM NOW!!!

Even supports us!

Barella and Pepe both said as kids they dreamed of playing for Chels.

Just those two would be huge difference makers here, along with Chilwell or Firpo, and hopefully Werner or Jovic. Same for Sarabia or Fekir. Same for Eder Militão (although Real have apparently come to an agreement but its being delayed or training frees owed to São Paulo.)

All of those are great signings no matter who is the manager.

We are going into the summer window with a crazy amount of business to do if we are going to remain a top club. The current team is nowhere near good enough and each window where multiple needs are not addressed pounds another nail in the coffin. If Higs is a bust we are even further down the bin chute.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Barella and Pepe both said as kids they dreamed of playing for Chels.

Just those two would be huge difference makers here, along with Chilwell or Firpo, and hopefully Werner or Jovic. Same for Sarabia or Fekir. Same for Eder Militão (although Real have apparently come to an agreement but its being delayed or training frees owed to São Paulo.)

All of those are great signings no matter who is the manager.

We are going into the summer window with a crazy amount of business to do if we are going to remain a top club. The current team is nowhere near good enough and each window where multiple needs are not addressed pounds another nail in the coffin. If Higs is a bust we are even further down the bin chute.

Mrs you know what I want. A COMPLETE OVERHAUL of the whole club.

We have always been known for having a strong core of players.

Now we don't!!

I know I set my standards far too high, and my morals seen neanderthal but this group of lads IN GENERAL dont have the quality or passion of a Chelsea team.

I know you agree but I cant see it changing anytime soon.

I know you dont agree with me - I don't mind 475b782257db83dd0410037ed39cd723.gif - but I do think a Sarri system would work.

But we lack that attacking mentality. IF IF IF IF that would change we really could make a go of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Mrs you know what I want. A COMPLETE OVERHAUL of the whole club.

We have always been known for having a strong core of players.

Now we don't!!

I know I set my standards far too high, and my morals seen neanderthal but this group of lads IN GENERAL dont have the quality or passion of a Chelsea team.

I know you agree but I cant see it changing anytime soon.

I know you dont agree with me - I don't mind 475b782257db83dd0410037ed39cd723.gif - but I do think a Sarri system would work.

But we lack that attacking mentality. IF IF IF IF that would change we really could make a go of it.

I am willing to take a hit for a year or two on CL if we do a ground up youth (buy a shit tonne of 18 to 24yo's) rebuild and bring in a flexible, dynamic young coach.

In fact I dont think we would miss out on CL at all if the players you and I rate were purchased.

I am at wit's end with pretty much every level of the club. We seem to be on a suicide mission to nowhere.

There is no way we can win shit (unless a miracle happens in the Carabao Cup v Shitty) with most of the players we have now. Especially with Sarri's ultra rigid 4 3 3 Jorginho-centric nightmare formation.

It is all so terribly unfun to watch us atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am willing to take a hit for a year or two on CL if we do a ground up youth (buy a shit tonne of 18 to 24yo's) rebuild and bring in a flexible, dynamic young coach.

In fact I dont think we would miss out on CL at all if the players you and I rate were purchased.

I am at wit's end with pretty much every level of the club. We seem to be on a suicide mission to nowhere.

There is no way we can win shit (unless a miracle happens in the Carabao Cup v Shitty) with most of the players we have now. Especially with Sarri's ultra rigid 4 3 3 Jorginho-centric nightmare formation.

It is all so terribly unfun to watch us atm.

I just dont understand the reasoning behind us NOT going for these standard of guys.

I know MANY on here seem to think 'its a gamble' and having made mistakes on such n such players we have to be careful but we cant/WONT try to buy off the top shelf andhard to attract them anyway, So this claas of player just seems logical.

Chuck in a couple of academy lads. A couple of ones near or 30+ and you have a good balance.

This class of player are all in form, doing good, def going to be very good, value will rise and seem a gamble worth the risk. If any at all.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I just dont understand the reasoning behind us NOT going for these standard of guys.

I know MANY on here seem to think 'its a gamble' and having made mistakes on such n such players we have to be careful but we cant/WONT try to buy off the top shelf andhard to attract them anyway, So this claas of player just seems logical.

Chuck in a couple of academy lads. A couple of ones near or 30+ and you have a good balance.

This class of player are all in form, doing good, def going to be very good, value will rise and seem a gamble worth the risk. If any at all.

I trust my own instincts on players. Other than Bakayoko (who was really good at both Monaco and now is again at AC Milan) I have picked very few dogs. As soon as Conte was sacked, I knew Moses and Alonso were fucked, as the chances were slim we woukd bring in another manager who played wingbacks. Sure enough, that has come into play. I also figured Azpi would struggle in his new role, as Alonso is horrid defensively,  Azpi has racked up insane minutes over last 4, 5 years, and he never was stellar at progressive RB play (see Cancelo for an archetypal example of what we need there).

I always had doubts over Morata, doubts proven massively correct again. I furthermore predicted doom for Kante in new position, as it took away the best DMF in world from his natural position and has opened us up like a cheap tin of spaghetti in the back.

Wingers, well everyone here knows my thoughts on that.

Too many systemic weaknesses,  amplified by a rigid system that doesn't have players tailor made for it spells doom. The EPL is the most viscous league in the world. Even the worst managers will suss out weaknesses in the best of clubs, something we are far from being.

Extraordinarily frustrating to see the board not address these issues and simply bring in 2 teacher's pets (one well past his prime) to try and paper over massive, multi-year weaknesses.

My head is done in. All I can do is wait, watch, and hope for the best. I hate this feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to wonder when Pepe (or any other new winger we get) will play?

IF Eden stays we have 2 30 plusesPully and CHO. PEOPLE are screaming blue murder for CHO to get more time. Enen with one of the 30+ gone Pepe would be the backup. This means CHO would be back to where hi is now.

 

IF Eden goes we still should use his money for a replacement. We either move Pully to LW and then bring in a Pepe or someone similar.

Or we get rid of both Willian and Pedro and but 2 replacements

Either way it still means CHO not a happy camper.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

We have to wonder when Pepe (or any other new winger we get) will play?

IF Eden stays we have 2 30 plusesPully and CHO. PEOPLE are screaming blue murder for CHO to get more time. Enen with one of the 30+ gone Pepe would be the backup. This means CHO would be back to where hi is now.

 

IF Eden goes we still should use his money for a replacement. We either move Pully to LW and then bring in a Pepe or someone similar.

Or we get rid of both Willian and Pedro and but 2 replacements

Either way it still means CHO not a happy camper.

Hate to say this but unless they renew, Eden and CHO HAVE to be sold. If they walk on frees that is around £265m in board-induced contractual blunder lost valuation just between Big Nose and those 2. Add in what we will get for Willian subtracted from that £65m Barca turn down and the total lost is £300m or so. Add in Drinkwater and its £350m plus.

That's horrific to our bottom line and our future. It is unreal Marina still has her job, just beyond the pale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Hate to say this but unless theybrenew Eden and CHO HAVE to be sold. If they walk on frees that is around £265m in board-induced contractual blunder lost valuation just between Big Nose and those 2. Add in what we will get for Willian subtracted from that £65m Barca turn down and the total lost is £300m or so. Add in Drinkwater and its £350m plus.

That's horrific to our bottom line and our future. It is unreal Marina still has her job, just beyond the pale.

I know Mrs and it infuriates me it really does.

And whatever we could get for the est of the furniture and its getting on for £1/2B I bet.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.