test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DDA

Nicolo Barella

Started by DDA,

368 posts in this topic
38 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

@Vesper....can you please give an elaborate view about the quality of this guy...saw some of his YouTube vids...seems quite tenacious and tough...we were earlier linked with Sandro Tonali...thought he is gonna be a replacement for Fabregas due to his imminent departure.... Who is more talented outta Barella and Tonali...

2 different types of players.

Barella is a potential (and this is going way back, before I was even born, but watching old games I can so see the resemblance) Marco Tardelli type. Very energetic, technical CMF who can also go forward. Great passer, seems to be very intuitive. He was the best player on the pitch when Italy beat Poland 1 nil back 2 months ago (and that was with Jorginho and Verratti playing with him, plus Zielinski against). He can play any MF position, but he would be a replacement (and upgrade) to Kovacic. IF we sign Barella, Kovacic will not be purchased, I am 99% sure of that.

Barella would provide that extra 'bite' Sarri has been whinging on about. Magic Box is a massive fan, and he managed him once.

Gianfranco Zola could be key to Chelsea signing Manchester United target in January

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/gianfranco-zola-key-chelsea-signing-15542210

here is a big break down

Sando Tonali is easy

DH DMH regista, like Jorginho, but far more physical

think Pirlo crossed with Gattusso Gattuso

potentially a generational player

Sarri rates him above almost any other Italian player in terms of long term view

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-6397355/Who-Sandro-Tonali-Italian-teen-branded-new-Andrea-Pirlo.html

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-tonali-compares-himself-to-another-player-its-not-andrea-pirlo-20181113

Unionjack and eemanyooel like this

12 hours ago, DDA said:

They are talking about us buying him then loaning him back for the rest of the season. Fuck a duck. 

The transfer ban is coming isn't it.

I read that IF it does hit, it wouldn't be until January 2020 window. I will find the article

9 hours ago, DDA said:

Once settled, he is good enough to bench Kovacic, Jorgie, Barkley and RLC. That's how good he is.

Is he creative?  because we desperately need a creative CM in the final third, someone with the final ball to unlock stubborn teams through the middle. 

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Is he creative?  because we desperately need a creative CM in the final third, someone with the final ball to unlock stubborn teams through the middle. 

Yes, very

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Yes, very

Well at least he is the profile this team desperatly can use.

Seen the comparison with Kovacic a bit, i personally have never seen Kovacic as a super creative player. In fact at Madrid he was primary used as the deepest in midfield, was a 10 at Inter but that was such a long time ago. I like Kovacic a lot honestly, think he is super silky smooth player on the ball, good work rate+defensively, just a great all around player. It is a shame we have Kante though, because that his best position.

bluesman2610 likes this

I had literally never heard of him before yesterday and now I'm almost obsessed with him. 😂

Been watching videos throughout the day. Exquisite first touch, tenacious workrate, great eye for a pass, excellent in tight spaces. He really looks like he was trained the "Barca way."

I really fucking want us to buy him now! Before some other big team does. 

Unionjack likes this

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Well at least he is the profile this team desperatly can use.

Seen the comparison with Kovacic a bit, i personally have never seen Kovacic as a super creative player. In fact at Madrid he was primary used as the deepest in midfield, was a 10 at Inter but that was such a long time ago. I like Kovacic a lot honestly, think he is super silky smooth player on the ball, good work rate+defensively, just a great all around player. It is a shame we have Kante though, because that his best position.

Totally agree.

Sarri is asking for a super rare player for the 3rd MF role.

Scorer, creavtive, AND  hardnose defender

If our board was not shit, we would have had such a player for last 3,4 years already

Nainggolan

along with Alex Sandro  and Koulibaly, the 3 biggest board-cocked-up buy attempts of the last 4 years

so much fail:rant:

another who was perfect, now too old

Arturo Vidal

Barella is a badass player, would be THRILLED to get him

Here are some other MFers who could slot in there (I rate all of these above Kovacic btw, for this role, and most overall just as players)

some are impossible

Saúl Ñíguez

Frenkie de Jong

Tanguy Ndombele

Corentin Tolisso (another Marina massive fail btw)

Houssem Aouar (super creative, but the weakest defensively on this list (and is really good, deffo NOT a slacker), still a superb superb player, in fact as CMF/AMF, in certain systemic roles, he maybe be the best on here except for Saul and de Jong)

Leon Goretzka  (ANOTHER board fail!)

Koke

Donny van de Beek

maybe

Piotr Zielinski

Bryan Cristante

Marco Verratti (tbh, more of the new Kante role, he doesnt hardly ever score)

Clockwork likes this

4 hours ago, the wes said:

I hope we get him I'm hearing good things about him 

With Cesc foot pretty much out of the door, and the injuries pilling on i would think this deals happen. 

Why Barella will give Chelsea the look of Sarri's Napoli

The chatter on Twitter about Nicolo Barella has been of a diverse variety. Some say that the Cagliari man isn't good enough for a club like Chelsea, with others saying that he can't play in the same team as Jorginho. Some even say that with N'Golo Kante in the side, Barella can't break into the Blues first team.

While Chelsea are yet to sign the young Italian, the fact is that he has almost carried Cagliari on his shoulders, despite being only 21. That, over the last two seasons or so. While Leonardo Pavoletti  and Joao Pedro come up with the goods in front of goal, Barella has become the driving force of the side.

Comparisons with Radja Nainggolan- a former teammate of his, are very much justified. The 21-year-old is fiery character, who never gives up and has a tremendous work-ethic in the heart of the park. He is box-to-box and thrives on winning the ball back and circulating it forward. He isn't a deep-lying playmaker or a defensive midfielder, remember. He likes to get the ball in midfield and play it to forward players around the final third. He can go past defenders and can make lung-bursting runs for the good of the side.

Perhaps, Nainggolan was in a similar spot before he was used as a number ten in the 2016-17 season at Roma. That hunger and desire that the Belgian had playing as a deeper midfield player than an attacking midfielder is very much visible in Barella. He doesn't play as a defensive midfielder like Nainggolan does, but the approach to the game in very similar.

Maurizio Sarri's 4-3-3 formation at Napoli had midfielders who had distinct roles to play in. Jorginho acted as the deep playmaker. His compass-like vision and ability to find teammates around him by playing all sorts of angled passes stood out. He set the foundation to everything. Allan played alongside him- acting as the box to box midfielder. Someone who would compliment Jorginho a lot of times when things got tough defensively. He would be the graft to Jorginho's craft. Marek Hamsik played a slightly more attacking role, having a lesser burden to drop in and defend.

And it is Allan's role that Sarri wants Barella to play. And the Italian suits that more than N'Golo Kante does, to be very frank. Kante has been forcibly dislodged from his best position by Jorginho and he's playing out of position and at a position where he isn't the best at. The Frenchman is probably the best in the world at defensive midfield, helping Leicester to the Premier League title, helping Chelsea to it and helping France to the World Cup. And it will be fair to say that a player who has played in that position all his career and thrives in that role would be better playing there, as compared to someone who is playing out of position.

Sarri seems to have this obsession for Jorginho. Rightly so, the former partenopei star is a key part of his style. Jorginho's passing and persistence on the ball keeps a Sarri's sides ticking. Since the former banker's approach relies on possession and constant penetration, Jorginho is the anchor. His passing attributes are certainly better than Kante and his eye for a pass makes him a machine- just what Sarri likes in a player in that position. That's exactly why he has been brought along from Napoli.

Whether Kante should play ahead of Jorginho in that position is an argument that doesn't make for Sarri. What Jorginho is for Sarri's Chelsea is what Busquets was for Guardiola's Barcelona. They're irreplaceable.

And since Barella has played alongside Jorginho for Italy in a similar 4-3-3 formation and he has done very well in the four games he's played. The role he has performed under Mancini is the same- box-to-box. 

Chelsea do have Ross Barkley and Mateo Kovacic, but both of them are practically vying for the position Hamsik played in for Sarri at Napoli. Consider Jorginho's position absolutely fixed and nailed in deeper midfield. If Barella comes in, he will give Kante stiff competition for his current position. Don't be surprised if he takes it away and makes it his own.

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/why-barella-will-give-chelsea-the-look-of-sarri-s-napoli-76856?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=account&utm_campaign=autopost

Mufassir08, Vesper and Unionjack like this

Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Maurizio Sarri hijack TWIST; club plan player-plus-cash offer

Chelsea news, transfer gossip and updates are coming thick and fast. Express Sport is on hand to bring you all the very latest from Stamford Bridge.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1067903/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Live-Updates-Edinson-Cavani-Maurizio-Sarri-Eden-Hazard-Latest

Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Maurizio Sarri hijack TWIST; club plan player-plus-cash offer

Chelsea news, transfer gossip and updates are coming thick and fast. Express Sport is on hand to bring you all the very latest from Stamford Bridge.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1067903/Chelsea-Transfer-News-Live-Updates-Edinson-Cavani-Maurizio-Sarri-Eden-Hazard-Latest

Shit, we can WAY outmatch them in a swap plus cash deal! We have sooo many players to offload.

Gabigol is shite, but Alessandro Bastoni will turn their heads, even though he is only 19. He and Gianluca Mancini (I just wrote about both yesterday) are by FAR the only 2 potentially great under 23to Italian CB's atm.

That said surely we can outgun Inter.

Barella is real deal level superb young MF.

Will be heartbroken if we fuck this up and looking for rope aad chair if we also miss out on Sandro Tonali (Juve and Inter again, grrrrrrr).

I feel the old Italian salami in the arse coming on. SOB:rant:

Unionjack likes this

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Shit, we can WAY outmatch them in a swap plus cash deal! We have sooo many players to offload.

Gabigol is shite, but Alessandro Bastoni will turn their heads, even though he is only 19. He and Gianluca Mancini (I just wrote about both yesterday) are by FAR the only 2 potentially great under 23to Italian CB's atm.

That said surely we can outgun Inter.

Barella is real deal level superb young MF.

Will be heartbroken if we fuck this up and looking for rope aad chair if we also miss out on Sandro Tonali (Juve and Inter again, grrrrrrr).

I feel the old Italian salami in the arse coming on. SOB:rant:

Hard to tempt the Italians to the PL sometimes eh.

But MAYBE he might like the idea of working with Sarri?

We dont really know if the 'club' is interested in him.

We are total mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed shit!

Vesper likes this