Nicolo Barella

DDA

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Magic Box is a superb judge of talent, so yes, I rate Barella pretty damn high. Juve, Barca, PSG, Shitty, Real, Bayern dont get interested in scrubs. I just am worried about where he slots in for us. He clearly is made for the position Kante plays now.

I DO trust Sarri's eye too, he was right about Vecino when I slated him hard. Probably is right about Rugani too (that I am not so sure on). I also think Sarri is dead spot on about Sandro Tonali.

I thought he is an ACM mate

Sarri might be right bout Hysaj too.

46 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Barella!

He is a CMF, a box to box type, he is not an AMF, he doesn't score many goals. Very similar to Kovacic, but with more upside.

Tonali is a DH DMF, classic regista, same as Jorginho, but is far more physical. Tonali is called the new the new Pirlo, but he prefers to be compared with Gennaro Gattuso, as Tonali is more aggressive defensively, very physical (NOW you know why I want him so bad! He wouldn't get bullied as much as Jorginho does, and I think they could even play together if need be, although that is not ideal atm)

Not that this would happen (for so many reasons) but a Sarri Chelsea MF 3, 4, 5 years from now of

DH DMF Tonali (18yo now)

Box to Box CMF Barella (21yo now)

AMF Kai Havertz (19yo now)

would be crazy good

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is a CMF, a box to box type, he is not an AMF, he doesn't score many goals. Very similar to Kovacic, but with more upside.

Tonali is a DH DMF, classic regista, same as Jorginho, but is far more physical. Tonali is called the new the new Pirlo, but he prefers to be compared with Gennaro Gattuso, as Tonali is more aggressive defensively, very physical (NOW you know why I want him so bad! He wouldn't get bullied as much as Jorginho does, and I think they could even play together if need be, although that is not ideal atm)

Not that this would happen (for so many reasons) but a Sarri Chelsea MF 3,4, 5 years from now of

DH DMF Tonali (18yo now)

Box to Box CMF Barella (21yo now)

AMF Kai Havertz (19yo now)

would be crazy good

Amd by then each of those will cost a small countries national debt. And if we bought them now like you say I can't see them as starters which is what we are needing.

Its a tough decision.

Just now, Unionjack said:

Amd by then each of those will cost a small countries national debt. And if we bought them now like you say I can't see them as starters which is what we are needing.

Its a tough decision.

Havertz is 98% going to Bayern, as I posted in General Transfer Talk. He turned down Barca. He will walk in a starter there I predict, so a great move for him.

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I THINK RLC will be wanting out and personally wouldn't mind it. I really did hope the loan last year would have given him a jump start and tho at times it seems like hes catching on then the next week its back to usual.

As for Barella from what I have made out both Magic Box and Sari both want him and think hes great, And both Pirlo and Del Piero both think he is the 2nd coming so hes got to have summet about him.

Still lot of football left this season, but at this point the safest bet would be RLC staying next season. He is the one who has seen more minutes as the season gone on, and improving at a higher level. Ross Barkley is the most ordinary, and Kovacic is not owned by Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Still lot of football left this season, but at this point the safest bet would be RLC staying next season. He is the one who has seen more minutes as the season gone on, and improving at a higher level. Ross Barkley is the most ordinary, and Kovacic is not owned by Chelsea.

Barkley really needs to start scoring. He is our true X factor. Alonso too, as we are always going to trot him out. Pedro also needs to hit in some more, and finally Hazard needs ro pull out of his mini-slump.

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Barkley really needs to start scoring. He is our true X factor. Alonso too, as we are always going to trot him out. Pedro also needs to hit in some more, and finally Hazard needs ro pull out of his mini-slump.

I'm not entirely sure that Hazard is in a mini-slump.  This article was posted earlier in the ear, when he was on fire:

https://statsbomb.com/2018/10/is-eden-hazard-making-the-leap/

At the time, the metrics suggested he was doing all of the same things he was doing in years past, except for "pressure regains", but that's to be expecting changing from Conte to Sarri.

From the article:

Thus, it’s not a shock to see Hazard’s purple patch in front of goal as the moment when he is receiving the most praise of his career. Unless he starts taking significantly more high quality shots, his scoring rate will come back to Earth.

snip :D

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I don't know him since I barely watch any serie a games but I would be very wary when it comes to italian players. Most of them are overrated and have trouble playing abroad.

Yes, that is why Verratti and Jorginho are such shit. NOT

SMDH

You do realise that other than those two, almost none of the top Italians are playing abroad.

So, present day (because that is what we are living in) who are all these giant flops (other than mental Mario Balotelli)?

Zappacosta was brought in as backup, and as far as I am concerned, IF we sold Azpi or moved him to CB, and brought in a better RB, Zappa is adequate as a backup (he will not be here much longer anyway)

You know who is overrated? REALLY overrated? 95+% of English players. Everton demanding £70-80m for Pickford! LOLOLOL Us paying £70m (when total wages fees, etc are factored in) for Drinkwater. Harry Maguire being valued at £65-70m. Eric Dier, Kieran Trippier, Jesse Lingard and Jordan Henderson, etc being described in British rags as 'world class'.

Having just watched his highlights, he does indeed look super talented. Great dribbling and bursting forward. Actually reminds me a bit of Kovacic on the ball but plays from a slightly deeper position. He's got that same tenacious workrate as Kova as well. Unlike Kovacic, Barella appears to be much better at playing Fabregas-like long balls.

I think the closest comparison is Arsenal's new midfielder Torreira. An all arounder who looks perfect for the PL.

This only seems like it would make sense if Kovacic returns to Real Madrid. Don't see where he'd fit otherwise. He's too good to come sit on our bench and is highly sought after by other big clubs.

These links just aren't going away are they. But Sarri did say he wanted more strength in MF

He does seem pretty good but IF we got him it would be like our board going from night to day. Buying these young talented,technical lads. Quite refresdhing thinking to get a team together that will be playing for awhile together - getting better and more valuable..

But I would still prefer to see us going all out for a TOP striker and AMF. Its goals we need.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Yes, that is why Verratti and Jorginho are such shit. NOT

SMDH

You do realise that other than those two, almost none of the top Italians are playing abroad.

So, present day (because that is what we are living in) who are all these giant flops (other than mental Mario Balotelli)?

Zappacosta was brought in as backup, and as far as I am concerned, IF we sold Azpi or moved him to CB, and brought in a better RB, Zappa is adequate as a backup (he will not be here much longer anyway)

You know who is overrated? REALLY overrated? 95+% of English players. Everton demanding £70-80m for Pickford! LOLOLOL Us paying £70m (when total wages fees, etc are factored in) for Drinkwater. Harry Maguire being valued at £65-70m. Eric Dier, Kieran Trippier, Jesse Lingard and Jordan Henderson, etc being described in British rags as 'world class'.

I think the fact that there are so few of them playing outside of Italy is already a strong indicator in itself. The current state of their NT is also very telling of the current quality available. Very few have actually moved to relevant clubs but in recent times players like Immobile, Darmian, Cerci come to mind. Those were touted as top players in their respective clubs and looked absolutely average.

Obviously what I doubt first and foremost is their actual quality. They play in a rather tactical league with restricted setups to maximize strengths, less physically demanding too and slower tempo. Hence my concerns about difficulity transitioning to other leagues and overall quality.

The transfer fees regarding english players is a different issue entirely. The money available to english clubs being the main cause. Clubs have the funds available to buy good players elsewhere and stopped developping their own. This in addition to the number of homegrown players required in the squads is mainly what resulted in these insane fees. Though I would like to point out that english squads at youth levels have been doing far better than italians in recent times. the young english generation coming in are some of the best they have ever produced. I would be far more inclined tu buy english talent than italian at the moment.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You