Nicolo Barella

DDA

21 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I remember when we were linked with him.  If Barella didn't want to leave Italy, there's not much we can do about it.  With Cesc gone, we are thin in midfield.  I'd be surprised if no one came in (and the Drinkwater rumours can start any time now).

He would have left for sure in the summer, he said over and over he wanted to come to the EPL, that he liked the style of play here better than Italy, and he liked Chelsea the best. These were his own words, not some internet rumour.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He would have left for sure in the summer, he said over and over he wanted to come to the EPL, that he liked the style of play here better than Italy, and he liked Chelsea the best. These were his own words, not some internet rumour.

Were those his words before his wife got pregnant?  

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

He probably does want to play in England one day, but given his age he may view a move to one of the Italian heavyweights as the next step in his career to grow and develop, play in Europe, etc but in an environment and culture that he is comfortable and settled in (both for him and his family). Add to that he probably feels he needs to move somewhere he is confident he'll play every week. I think he could likely do that here but he would be competing essentially for one starting position in midfield because the other two are as good as taken, and if he struggled to make that spot his own he may feel it would be significantly detrimental to his blossoming career.

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

Were those his words before his wife got pregnant?  

She is well over 6 months pregnant. They were recent words. He just wanted to wait to move till summer, after she gave birth, which is why I said buy him and loan him back till then.

Now he is gone for years, probably for good.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He probably does want to play in England one day, but given his age he may view a move to one of the Italian heavyweights as the next step in his career to grow and develop, play in Europe, etc but in an environment and culture that he is comfortable and settled in (both for him and his family). Add to that he probably feels he needs to move somewhere he is confident he'll play every week. I think he could likely do that here but he would be competing essentially for one starting position in midfield because the other two are as good as taken, and if he struggled to make that spot his own he may feel it would be significantly detrimental to his blossoming career.

Now that he is off the table, these are remaining (and some are not really going to be able to do it)

all-rounder MF's who can play all 3 postions in Sarriball.

There just are not many young, crazy talented and high energy big motor MFers out there. He is a special player IMHO. If SMS had his drive, Lazio would have no problem getting over £100m for him.

I cannot think of hardly any players who could literally play all 3 of the Sarriball MFer positions besides Barella. Frenkie de Jong is clearly another. Probably SMS, Saúl Ñíguez (maybe, not sure about him in a Regista role) and maybe Pogba (again cannot see him happy in a Regista role). Tanguy Ndombele probably could handle it. Houssem Aouar might be able to adapt, I so dread him going to Shitty or Victimpool. Same for Donny van de Beek, but he and Aouar are both more offensive than defensive players. Marcelo Brozovic and maybe Fred. Thats about it that I can think of. 

The older examples are Nainggolan and Vidal, but again, its the DH part that they might not like so much.

I dont see us moving for any of those

so

screw Sarri (his saying that the 3rd MF position had to be defensive as well as forward thrusting, which I just listed above)

and just go all out for a REAL WC AMF

One who actually scores goals

Sarabia release clause is only £16m

James Rodriquez option is only £39,5m for Bayern. Offer to pay it and bring him here (especially if CHO is involved)

OR

Big one

If Eden still refuses to sign renewal by middle of next summer, try to flip him for Coutinho (who can play winger too)

Meeting scheduled as €50m-rated starlet moves further away from touted Chelsea transfer

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/01/22/meeting-scheduled-as-e50m-rated-starlet-moves-further-away-from-touted-chelsea-transfer/

Inter news: Not only Barella, the project also leads to Chiesa

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/inter-news-not-only-barella-the-project-also-leads-to-chiesa-28543

On 1/19/2019 at 2:22 AM, Vesper said:

I think this is the nail in the coffin for both Barella and Paredes

It is from Matt Law

Infuriatingly pathetic to read that there is even anything to consider. I bet they are including Drinkwater and perhaps even Bakayoko in this consideration, when they should have been already sold and not even bought in the first place.

Down the mediocrity drain we go.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Infuriatingly pathetic to read that there is even anything to consider. I bet they are including Drinkwater and perhaps even Bakayoko in this consideration, when they should have been already sold and not even bought in the first place.

Down the mediocrity drain we go.

LOL Goes without saying mate.

I really think the rest of the footballing world must hold a far different opinion than most of us on here.

They actually must value our deadwood.

I reckon they must think 'Well Chelsea dont want to sell them and are keeping them wrapped in cotton wool to bring out as top secret weapons!

Only weapons I'd use them for is tear their arms off and batter them round the head with it!

10 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Waterboy must be laughing his head off thinking he's hallen on his feet. Best job in the world. £90k a week for the next 3 and half years!

If I was him I'd push for a raise! We would probably pay it and beg him to stay!

90? He is making £120K per week!

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-f.c/danny-drinkwater-22795/

£6.24m per year X 5 years

so

£31.2m salary 

£5.2m in insurance and add-ons

£34.11m transfer fee

total cost of Drinkwater  £70.51m (2017 GBP)

Image result for marina granovskaia laughing99e7aa5fb21a195145dfe505729f493f.png

Image result for marina granovskaia laughing

Barella prefers a move to Chelsea

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella would prefer a move to the Premier League despite interest from Inter Milan and Napoli.

The outlet say a move to England would present Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United as options.

But the report also claims that Barella is ‘much more enticed’ by Chelsea, with Maurizio Sarri and Gianfranco Zola both in favour of the deal.

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Barella prefers a move to Chelsea

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella would prefer a move to the Premier League despite interest from Inter Milan and Napoli.

The outlet say a move to England would present Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United as options.

But the report also claims that Barella is ‘much more enticed’ by Chelsea, with Maurizio Sarri and Gianfranco Zola both in favour of the deal.

If it comes down to it buy him and let him stay to sort his baby stuff out.

I know it doesn';t hel us now But I reckon we COULD get thru it. Use Amps and  Luiz

49 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

If it comes down to it buy him and let him stay to sort his baby stuff out.

I know it doesn';t hel us now But I reckon we COULD get thru it. Use Amps and  Luiz

Agree matey for the sake of me i can't believe Barkley,Kovacic, couldn't do that position also, jorgy's need some help! And hell lets not forget Kante, sometimes you need to be flexible and change guile ffs . It hasn't took long for clubs to know the 1 dimension Jorgy is.

8 minutes ago, mccg said:

can't believe Barkley,Kovacic, couldn]t do that position also,

Problem is tho mate they just dont bring enough to the table.

I was so thinking that Mat K was going to just rip the PL apart. when he got here but its looking like I was wrong.

Ross B has given us hardly owt since all that malarky about him and RLC being the next big thing England wise. But even yesterday he just didn't look right to me.

We do have too many players in that spot and not one is good enough for us to be happy with IF we want to start battling for silverware and Europe.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You