Nicolo Barella

DDA

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think he is pretty close to Kovacic now, and his upside potential is greater. I would have to assume that both would cost in the £35m to £50m range.

But Barella's wages are surely lower. making him probably the cheaper option.

Our AM needs to work defensively as well (not saying this is where Barella will play).  Fekir (and players like him) for me would be best as a CF in our system.  IMO.  Ziyech has those traits, and I really like him.  But, I don't know if he's good enough for us (Starting XI).  He also takes left footed free kicks, so that's a bonus.

On you list, who's playing in a 433?  Those attacking mids have to play defence too.

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Our AM needs to work defensively as well (not saying this is where Barella will play).  Fekir (and players like him) for me would be best as a CF in our system.  IMO.  Ziyech has those traits, and I really like him.  But, I don't know if he's good enough for us (Starting XI).  He also takes left footed free kicks, so that's a bonus.

On you list, who's playing in a 433?  Those attacking mids have to play defence too.

Ziyech would be a great buy. He's basically a hardworking and more dynamic version of Ozil, whoever gets him will be in for a treat

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Every one of those would take the place (some eventually, like Felix) Barkley/RLC's place

Barella is square peg in round hole (like Kovacic is) as their natural role is the Kante position

I TRULY wish Kante could play DH DMF, but it just will not happen.

If we had a front 3 of 

Eden

Icardi

Dembele

then we could cope with Barella as third MF

but that front 3 is a pipe dream (Eden will soon leave, our board will not buy Icardi, and Barca will not sell Dembele, they would be insane, given his talent, which is 2nd only to Mbappe IMHO in terms of under 21yo's)

This is why I posit a super true AMF as a partial cure.

Like I have said so many times, we are (by far) the most complicated team in the world to fix (especially counting the potential transfer bans, Euro bans, and Roman as hardcore global geo-political target issues) We have so many issues at so many levels it drives me absolutely mental.

Every one of those would take the place (some eventually, like Felix) Barkley/RLC's place

Barella is square peg in round hole (like Kovacic is) as their natural role is the Kante position

I TRULY wish Kante could play DH DMF, but it just will not happen.

If we had a front 3 of 

Eden

Icardi

Dembele

then we could cope with Barella as third MF

but that front 3 is a pipe dream (Eden will soon leave, our board will not buy Icardi, and Barca will not sell Dembele, they would be insane, given his talent, which is 2nd only to Mbappe IMHO in terms of under 21yo's)

This is why I posit a super true AMF as a partial cure.

Like I have said so many times, we are (by far) the most complicated team in the world to fix (especially counting the potential transfer bans, Euro bans, and Roman as hardcore global geo-political target issues) We have so many issues at so many levels it drives me absolutely mental.

I'm would fully expect Barella to be Kante's back up since we don't really have one.  This could be the issue with Kovacic.  I'd expect Barella to be more on board with being a rotation option for us.  Kovacic wants away from Madrid because he wants to play more.

On the other side of midfield we have 2 english players, one of which is HG.  One will have to leave to make room for a better target.  Plus, we have Mount coming through.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm would fully expect Barella to be Kante's back up since we don't really have one.  This could be the issue with Kovacic.  I'd expect Barella to be more on board with being a rotation option for us.  Kovacic wants away from Madrid because he wants to play more.

On the other side of midfield we have 2 english players, one of which is HG.  One will have to leave to make room for a better target.  Plus, we have Mount coming through.

Mount is indeed a wild card. NOT sold on him yet, BUT he could overturn all my AMF positing if he is truly the real deal.

I MISS LAMPARD!!!!!!!!

OMG do I:(

Perfect Chels player, my all-time Blue Love along with Claude Makélélé:wub:

add in Alessandro Nesta, my 3 favourite footballers of all time

Mount is indeed a wild card. NOT sold on him yet, BUT he could overturn all my AMF positing if he is truly the real deal.

I MISS LAMPARD!!!!!!!!

OMG do I:(

Perfect Chels player, my all-time Blue Love along with Claude Makélélé:wub:

add in Alessandro Nesta, my 3 favourite footballers of all time

I'm not suggesting that Barkley or RLC are good enough to be regular starters for us, but neither is bad enough to never see the pitch, either.  One will have to go if we want to "upgrade"  Of course, we'll see.  Both are much better now than they were are the start of the season, so let's see where we are in May.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not suggesting that Barkley or RLC are good enough to be regular starters for us, but neither is bad enough to never see the pitch, either.  One will have to go if we want to "upgrade"  Of course, we'll see.  Both are much better now than they were are the start of the season, so let's see where we are in May.

Agreed. My AMF list is 'in a perfect world' wishes.

I don't expect much to be done until the team is sold or a new DoF (Ballack PLEASE!) is given imperium level powers (good luck with that!)

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Where would this leave Mount if we signed Barella? 

Mount might not even be considered to be ready next season by Sarri. Going from championship to PL is a huge jump yet alone a top 4 team. Worth considering Abrahams struggles after a season where he scored over 20 goals in Championship. Id like to see Mount get a chance at a PL club next year on loan then go from there.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Mount might not even be considered to be ready next season by Sarri. Going from championship to PL is a huge jump yet alone a top 4 team. Worth considering Abrahams struggles after a season where he scored over 20 goals in Championship. Id like to see Mount get a chance at a PL club next year on loan then go from there.

Even then, would there be space for him in 2-3 years time if we buy Barella AND Kovacic to go with Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek?

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even then, would there be space for him in 2-3 years time if we buy Barella AND Kovacic to go with Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek?

Yeah I dont know. Like mentioned above can see one of Kova, RLC or Ross not being here. Kante and Jorginho will also be 2 or 3 years older and you know what the club are like regarding 30 y/o plus players.

I THINK RLC will be wanting out and personally wouldn't mind it. I really did hope the loan last year would have given him a jump start and tho at times it seems like hes catching on then the next week its back to usual.

As for Barella from what I have made out both Magic Box and Sari both want him and think hes great, And both Pirlo and Del Piero both think he is the 2nd coming so hes got to have summet about him.

Just read this. Seems Magic Box gave him his 1st start when he was in charge at Cagliari

Gianfranco Zola could be key to Chelsea signing Manchester United target in January

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/gianfranco-zola-key-chelsea-signing-15542210

28 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Imagine Alessandro Del Piero circa 1996-98 (right before his knee blew) in Sarriball!

Yeah it would be crazy. If i had a hand full of magic dust instead of hopes and dreams i would make it they were both that age now and playing for us. And if theres 3 players like them and Zola loveing him and sarri its good enough of a rec for me.

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah it would be crazy. If i had a hand full of magic dust instead of hopes and dreams i would make it they were both that age now and playing for us. And if theres 3 players like them and Zola loveing him and sarri its good enough of a rec for me.

Magic Box is a superb judge of talent, so yes, I rate Barella pretty damn high. Juve, Barca, PSG, Shitty, Real, Bayern dont get interested in scrubs. I just am worried about where he slots in for us. He clearly is made for the position Kante plays now.

I DO trust Sarri's eye too, he was right about Vecino when I slated him hard. Probably is right about Rugani too (that I am not so sure on). I also think Sarri is dead spot on about Sandro Tonali.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You