Nicolo Barella

DDA

Cagliari boss hints Nicolo Barella will stay at club despite Chelsea transfer links

:rant:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/13/cagliari-boss-hints-nicolo-barella-will-stay-club-despite-chelsea-transfer-links-8339987/

snip

Cagliari want as much as £45million for the 21-year-old Barella, while the more experienced Paredes would cost around £30m. After Chelsea battled to a 2-1 win over Newcastle, Maurizio Sarri appealed again to the club to make signings. ‘Today Jorginho was in trouble and on the bench there wasn’t a player for that position,’ Sarri said. ‘I need an option for Jorginho.’

Sarri has insisted again and again he has no power over transfers, but is thought to be more keen on Barella than Paredes. Chelsea are also fielding offers for their Brazilian forward Willian, and Sarri was asked about the pursuit of Paredes and Barella. ‘I have no idea,’ Sarri said. ‘It’s not too much [of a worry for me]. [If] the club is worried, I don’t know. ‘The club knows very well my opinion. I need the player there [in that position]. It depends on the club decision, I think. I cannot do anything more.’

snip

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Cagliari boss hints Nicolo Barella will stay at club despite Chelsea transfer links

:rant:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/13/cagliari-boss-hints-nicolo-barella-will-stay-club-despite-chelsea-transfer-links-8339987/

snip

Cagliari want as much as £45million for the 21-year-old Barella, while the more experienced Paredes would cost around £30m. After Chelsea battled to a 2-1 win over Newcastle, Maurizio Sarri appealed again to the club to make signings. ‘Today Jorginho was in trouble and on the bench there wasn’t a player for that position,’ Sarri said. ‘I need an option for Jorginho.’

Sarri has insisted again and again he has no power over transfers, but is thought to be more keen on Barella than Paredes. Chelsea are also fielding offers for their Brazilian forward Willian, and Sarri was asked about the pursuit of Paredes and Barella. ‘I have no idea,’ Sarri said. ‘It’s not too much [of a worry for me]. [If] the club is worried, I don’t know. ‘The club knows very well my opinion. I need the player there [in that position]. It depends on the club decision, I think. I cannot do anything more.’

snip

We should just buy him now and loan him back cause the big clubs will be lining up to sign him in the summer 

24 minutes ago, the wes said:

We should just buy him now and loan him back cause the big clubs will be lining up to sign him in the summer 

That is exactly what I have been saying since I saw his wife doesn't want to move now as she is 6 months pregnant.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Antonio Cassano claims Chelsea target Barella is not worth price-tag

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/antonio-cassano-claims-chelsea-target-barella-is-not-worth-price-tag/

So says the Real Madrid massive bust who is known throughout much of his career as having a shit attitude, poor workrate, and poor fitness levels.

I smell jelly...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Cassano

Real Madrid

Cassano became the second ever Italian player to sign for Real Madrid after former Roma teammate Christian Panucci. His debut came on 18 January 2006 in a Spanish Cup match against Real Betis, and scored his first goal just three minutes after entering the match in the second half.[11] Just four months into his tenure with the club, however, he began gaining weight due to poor eating habits, which resulted in Madrid fining him for every gram he remained over his playing weight,[25] and earned him the nickname "Gordito".[26]

On 30 October, Real Madrid's official website announced that Cassano had been suspended due to his "disrespect" of Capello, who had joined the club at the beginning of 2006–07 season, following a dressing room argument arising from his omission from the team after a game against Gimnàstic de Tarragona,[27] and was subsequently benched along with David Beckham and Ronaldo. In an interview with a Roman radio station, Cassano said he would "walk all the way back" to rejoin Roma, and indicated his eagerness to make peace with Totti, with whom Cassano had conflicted with before his departure from Roma. Cassano, however, remained with Madrid after the January 2007 transfer window had closed, and the rest of his season was cut short by an ankle injury. Despite winning the 2006–07 La Liga title with Real Madrid, Cassano only made seven league appearances, scoring just a single goal.[28]

In an interview with Spanish radio in July 2007, Real Madrid president Ramón Calderón described Cassano's attitude as "unsustainable in the last couple of months" and indicated that he would be leaving the club.[29]

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/antonio-cassano-claims-chelsea-target-barella-is-not-worth-price-tag/

Nicolo Barella: The Cagliari midfielder lauded by Andrea Pirlo

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45589553

On 1/11/2019 at 9:24 PM, Unionjack said:

RLC has had so many chances to prove himself but on;y done it a very few times. We give him too much credit as hhe is  from the academy and we over hyped him far too early. I had high hopes but always considered him gangley and looked awkward like Bambi on ice. Nut hes a big strong guy with a bit of pace and skill now n then. He hust doesn't keep his form. Hes not some kid any more  hes almost 23..

Disagree mate about RLC being given many chances, he hasn't. He has impressed much more than Kovacic and Barkley in less opportunities. The most frustrating thing about RLC is the injuries, he was on his way to being given much more playing time before the back thing happened. 

Barring a few occasions, he has always impressed. And most of his bad games this season coincided when he was fighting his back problems. Who knows if RLC is the answer but i would place him higher than Kovacic and Barkley. The later is just not good enough, and the former is not a Chelsea player and hasen't shown to be an answer. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Nicolo Barella: The Cagliari midfielder lauded by Andrea Pirlo

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45589553

Think theres summet up already about Pirlo. Was ome of the 1st things we said about him werem't it?

Cassano is one of those whiney guys that bitch about people whem playing and gets worse when they stop.

Didn't I remember him coming out of retirement again and it lasted 8 days.

Barella and Paredes must be crap cause theres a queue of clubs after them.

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Disagree mate about RLC being given many chances, he hasn't. He has impressed much more than Kovacic and Barkley in less opportunities. The most frustrating thing about RLC is the injuries, he was on his way to being given much more playing time before the back thing happened. 

Barring a few occasions, he has always impressed. And most of his bad games this season coincided when he was fighting his back problems. Who knows if RLC is the answer but i would place him higher than Kovacic and Barkley. The later is just not good enough, and the former is not a Chelsea player and hasen't shown to be an answer. 

Must be watching a different RLC to you bud.

Hes had lots of chances over time and never lived up to his 'potential'

Kovacic whether hes our player or not is much better - tho neither is the kind of ANC we need.

Id try RLC as ST.

Just now, Unionjack said:

Think theres summet up already about Pirlo. Was ome of the 1st things we said about him werem't it?

Cassano is one of those whiney guys that bitch about people whem playing and gets worse when they stop.

Didn't I remember him coming out of retirement again and it lasted 8 days.

Barella and Paredes must be crap cause theres a queue of clubs after them.

Oh, yes, that article was already posted, I just tossed it up again as it was the perfect rejoinder to the Cassano critique. I trust Pirlo (who has a rep as being REALLY picky, to a fault) over him all day long.

The only other Italian MFer Pirlo is so high on, btw, is main target for DH DMF backup of Joginho, Sandro Tonali.

It is why I thought Barella AND Tonali both brought in would be genius, as Barella, besides an upgrade over Kovacic/Barkley at the 3rd spot in MF, can also play a DH DMF at times so we could truly ease in the 18yo Tonali.

Paredes, IF he comes for six months and then we sell him to Boca Jrs and bring in Barella (hopefully via a buy now and 6 month loan back to Cagliari so his wife can give birth in Italy with him there by her side) AND Sandro in the summer, would be the ultimate brilliant all round move.

Round it off with Kovacic being allowed to go back to RM, who would sell him to his favourite place, Inter. All would be happy and on teams they could flourish on and and also actually LIKE where they are at

I think at 3-dimensional chess levels, hope the board does too.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Must be watching a different RLC to you bud.

Hes had lots of chances over time and never lived up to his 'potential'

Kovacic whether hes our player or not is much better - tho neither is the kind of ANC we need.

Id try RLC as ST.

No clue why Sarri didnt try and use Kovacic as Jorgi backup and Cesc as a consistent 60th, 70th minute lock-picker sub.

Also, like you said, RLC at striker and Barkley at RW. Barkley seems much more a winger than RLC, and I can so see RLC at striker.

I know I am really being silly now, but also wouldn't have minded at all to see Kovacic given a trial at RB. Thats how Barca found out about how great a RB Sergi Roberto was. He was a CMF almost with exact same role Kovacic has for us. They are the same size basically, and both technical as hell.

I HATE that Sarri is not experimental at ALL. EVERY other big team is, some more than others, but most all are. Klopp played Fabihno at centre-back ffs the last game. 

Sarri's big experiment was this bloody stupid false nine shit, when he KNOWS Eden is NOT at ALL a similar player to Dries Mertens, as Mertens is a box-dweller poacher.

Dont take my word for it

here is the man himself:

Hazard, however, has different ideas.

"Dries is more of a striker than me," he insisted. "I am more like a playmaker. Since I started [playing] football I like to come and touch the ball. Dries is not like this, he just wants to stay in the box. That's why he scores a lot of goals.

"We are different, but I know Sarri likes to change some positions and that happens sometimes."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3737759/eden-hazard-prefers-winger-despite-recent-shift-under-maurizio-sarri

55 minutes ago, Vesper said:

HATE that Sarri is not experimental at ALL. EVERY other big team is, some more than others, but most all are. Klopp played Fabihno at centre-back ffs the last game. 

I want Sarri to do good. And think if we get some right players in he will. Tho we still can if the lads just get their shit right.

Why not do what your manager asks of you and do it to your best ability while keeping in a good frame of mind?

Eden is a employee of Chelsea and his manager wants him to do a different job cause hes a better option that the others we have. Suck it up Eden!

And sign yer sodding contract !!

While I do think Sarri will work out  but gotta say he has me running at walls head first at times with some of his team selections..

11 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Seems like he is not coming based of recent reports :(

I am losing hope too. It is REALLY a hammer blow for me as Barella is the first one of my actual players I wanted this season that the board made an attempt at. Until he shows me otherwise, I think Pulisic was a calculated marketing revenue-generating move.

20 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Cassano: 'Rather Higuain than Icardi'

https://www.football-italia.net/133198/cassano-rather-higuain-icardi

roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from one Gordito to another!!

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Cassano: 'Rather Higuain than Icardi'

https://www.football-italia.net/133198/cassano-rather-higuain-icardi

roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from one Gordito to another!!

I would love to take a line of what cassano taking 

giphy.gif

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You