Nicolo Barella

DDA

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

If we miss out on this guy, it could potentially be just as bad as when we missed out on Aguero. One was in the bag and the other is in the bag but yet our board want to torture us further. Go fuckyourselves.

I feel like he has a lot of upside so just that alone should be the reason we get him.

9 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Correct if I'm wrong but Barella and Paredes are 2 different profiles, no? One is more of an 8 and the other more of a 6. If so I'm having trouble understanding why the club is hesitant.

Yes, if we are after a direct, like for like replacement for Cesc then Paredes is the choice. Barella for me has the much higher ceiling and can fit in any of the 3 midfield spots.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Signing Barella would effectively mean that the club would not try to buy Kovacic in the summer right? They strike as very similar players after all

That's my take as well.  From what I've seen, his game looks very similar.  Including fees and wages, he's probably a cheaper Kovacic.

22 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

That's my take as well.  From what I've seen, his game looks very similar.  Including fees and wages, he's probably a cheaper Kovacic.

as much as I'd like to dig out the club about taking their time on this... I honestly don't even know which would be better of the current options that are reported to be on the table:

- buy paredes, re-sign kovacic

- buy barella, don't re-sign kovacic, promote mount

- buy no one, re-sign kovacic, promote mount

If I was the board and wasn't sure on the best course of action, I'd just ask Sarri what he'd prefer and go for that but knowing our board, that's unlikely

31 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

as much as I'd like to dig out the club about taking their time on this... I honestly don't even know which would be better of the current options that are reported to be on the table:

- buy paredes, re-sign kovacic

- buy barella, don't re-sign kovacic, promote mount

- buy no one, re-sign kovacic, promote mount

If I was the board and wasn't sure on the best course of action, I'd just ask Sarri what he'd prefer and go for that but knowing our board, that's unlikely

I'm not sure Mount will be ready for much more than what Ampadu is getting now.  I don't think we can rely on him getting regular minutes in the first team.  I suspect he'll be out on loan again.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Millions miles between Mount and Ampadu in terms of development, Mount is not ready at all.

Agreed. Seen a few on Twitter wanting Mount over Paredes and/or Barella.  Don't think Mount is near Paredes at the moment.  Without sounding too gloomy, i think we need to be ready for Mount to never feature for us 

20 hours ago, Vesper said:

Yes, but if they fuck about and do not buy Nahitan Nández, they will not sell Barella.

Boca accepted their offer, but its been 3 days now and no movement

Looks like we are looking at Nandez too - doesn't seem the best passer.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/01/11/chelsea-show-interest-in-cagliaris-targeted-replacement-for-nicolo-barella/405412/

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Not a fan of Nandez either. I hope we just get Paredes or Barella or both but then we need to shift our focus to Wings and ST position asap. We are effing loaded in midfield already. I really dont get the fuzz. we have BArkley, Kante, RLC, Jorginho, Kovacic, Ampadu.Adn it is not that Jorginho's role requires a unique skillset, it is more mental and tatical conditioning years of physical or technical training.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Not a fan of Nandez either. I hope we just get Paredes or Barella or both but then we need to shift our focus to Wings and ST position asap. We are effing loaded in midfield already. I really dont get the fuzz. we have BArkley, Kante, RLC, Jorginho, Kovacic, Ampadu.Adn it is not that Jorginho's role requires a unique skillset, it is more mental and tatical conditioning years of physical or technical training.

The problem being is that Ross and RLC just aren't good enough if we are serious about wanting to compete at the highest level.

IMO we need 4 positions upgrading at the top equal priority

ST/RW/LB/CAM - we can upgrade CB and RB (more offensively) ASAP after.

And IF Edens gone that gives us another pain!

25 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

The problem being is that Ross and RLC just aren't good enough if we are serious about wanting to compete at the highest level.

IMO we need 4 positions upgrading at the top equal priority

ST/RW/LB/CAM - we can upgrade CB and RB (more offensively) ASAP after.

And IF Edens gone that gives us another pain!

Ross alright, I probably agree but he could still hang around as a squad player given he is homegrown and shit.

About RLC I would say the jury is still out. I liked most of what i saw from him this season even if played out of position for most of it. Lets see how he fares when he returns from injury and assess his sutiation in the summer.

I agree about the othe rpositions tho.

But I think if Eden leaves, the way we play will be different altogether. When Eden is on the pitch everyone relies on him which the opponent knows and shuts him out. If not we are less predictable even if we lack quality. We will not be able to compensate his loss 1 to 1 but rather by tweaking the system and buying several new players.

33 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

if Eden leaves, the way we play will be different altogether.

Agree

Sadly I think that Eden slows us down at times, Peeps will agree or not but he does do some same moves at times.

I would dearly love him to be more direct.  Like when he has it in his mind that he is going to get to the goal  The Eden that came out Vs Gooners and the goal Vs Victimpool,  I would just like him to get some grit. Even if it didn't always come off.

I know he gets man marked and double marked but hes used to that. He also needs support up there with him as that cant be easy for him. But I do think if he had a couple of different lads with him he could do so much more.

51 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Ross alright, I probably agree but he could still hang around as a squad player given he is homegrown and shit.

About RLC I would say the jury is still out. I liked most of what i saw from him this season even if played out of position for most of it. Lets see how he fares when he returns from injury and assess his sutiation in the summer.

Its awful having to piclkk a player purely cause he is HG

RLC has had so many chances to prove himself but on;y done it a very few times. We give him too much credit as hhe is  from the academy and we over hyped him far too early. I had high hopes but always considered him gangley and looked awkward like Bambi on ice. Nut hes a big strong guy with a bit of pace and skill now n then. He hust doesn't keep his form. Hes not some kid any more  hes almost 23..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You