test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DDA

Nicolo Barella

Started by DDA,

355 posts in this topic

watch him sign for another team (Napoli, cough cough) while we drag this shit on, it will be a shitstorm if we bid for him in the summer, because there will be no shortage of suitors for Nicolo

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Valid excuse its 2019 , his wife is 6 months up the duff with his 2nd child ffs , she can stay there while she has it(or come asap chill out in London and still have time to pop little 1 out), or give him time off to pop back and wet its head , pop back ,i think they do flights from Italy to London nowadays lol, i even doubt that is the excuse 2bh lol.

Pregnant women are touchy subject and I already dealt with all this in a new post in transfer talk that sorts the entire team, literally every position

If he's hesitant to move now just set it up like the Pulisic deal.  I'd rather have him now but I can wait until next season if he really won't come now but is willing to in the summer.

DDA and Johnnyeye like this

In any normal club, where they sell a player like Cesc I would say as soon as that happens the replacement will be more or less immediate....us, it could be weeks yet.
We like it this way... lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Johnnyeye likes this

If we miss out on this guy, it could potentially be just as bad as when we missed out on Aguero. One was in the bag and the other is in the bag but yet our board want to torture us further. Go fuckyourselves.

Johnnyeye, the wes and Vybzkartel like this

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

If we miss out on this guy, it could potentially be just as bad as when we missed out on Aguero. One was in the bag and the other is in the bag but yet our board want to torture us further. Go fuckyourselves.

I feel like he has a lot of upside so just that alone should be the reason we get him.

Correct if I'm wrong but Barella and Paredes are 2 different profiles, no? One is more of an 8 and the other more of a 6. If so I'm having trouble understanding why the club is hesitant.

kc_blue likes this

9 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Correct if I'm wrong but Barella and Paredes are 2 different profiles, no? One is more of an 8 and the other more of a 6. If so I'm having trouble understanding why the club is hesitant.

Yes, if we are after a direct, like for like replacement for Cesc then Paredes is the choice. Barella for me has the much higher ceiling and can fit in any of the 3 midfield spots.

Never seen this Barella kid prior to the last week, but looks immense. 

Reminds me a lot of Modric funnily enough. Seems very broad in the positions he would be able to play. 

Signing Barella would effectively mean that the club would not try to buy Kovacic in the summer right? They strike as very similar players after all

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Signing Barella would effectively mean that the club would not try to buy Kovacic in the summer right? They strike as very similar players after all

That's my take as well.  From what I've seen, his game looks very similar.  Including fees and wages, he's probably a cheaper Kovacic.

22 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

That's my take as well.  From what I've seen, his game looks very similar.  Including fees and wages, he's probably a cheaper Kovacic.

as much as I'd like to dig out the club about taking their time on this... I honestly don't even know which would be better of the current options that are reported to be on the table:

- buy paredes, re-sign kovacic

- buy barella, don't re-sign kovacic, promote mount

- buy no one, re-sign kovacic, promote mount

If I was the board and wasn't sure on the best course of action, I'd just ask Sarri what he'd prefer and go for that but knowing our board, that's unlikely

31 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

as much as I'd like to dig out the club about taking their time on this... I honestly don't even know which would be better of the current options that are reported to be on the table:

- buy paredes, re-sign kovacic

- buy barella, don't re-sign kovacic, promote mount

- buy no one, re-sign kovacic, promote mount

If I was the board and wasn't sure on the best course of action, I'd just ask Sarri what he'd prefer and go for that but knowing our board, that's unlikely

I'm not sure Mount will be ready for much more than what Ampadu is getting now.  I don't think we can rely on him getting regular minutes in the first team.  I suspect he'll be out on loan again.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Millions miles between Mount and Ampadu in terms of development, Mount is not ready at all.

Agreed. Seen a few on Twitter wanting Mount over Paredes and/or Barella.  Don't think Mount is near Paredes at the moment.  Without sounding too gloomy, i think we need to be ready for Mount to never feature for us 

20 hours ago, Vesper said:

Yes, but if they fuck about and do not buy Nahitan Nández, they will not sell Barella.

Boca accepted their offer, but its been 3 days now and no movement

Looks like we are looking at Nandez too - doesn't seem the best passer.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/01/11/chelsea-show-interest-in-cagliaris-targeted-replacement-for-nicolo-barella/405412/