Nicolo Barella

DDA

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

But sells for total losses (counting actual market value at the time and turned down offers lost, not just actual paid price v sold price accounting) of well over £150m soon.

This is actually not true Marina usually knows how to sell.she might be incompetent at buying but selling is definitely her strong suit. This is the reason we are constantly in profit because of player trading activities 

2 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

This is actually not true Marina usually knows how to sell.she might be incompetent at buying but selling is definitely her strong suit. This is the reason we are constantly in profit because of player trading activities 

So you call turning down £65mill for Willian a good deal?

Just now, Unionjack said:

So you call turning down £65mill for Willian a good deal?

There have been rumours of it being 30 million bid, but come on you really think we would turn down that much for Willian at age 29? Barca bid but wanted to low ball us from what I heard. She managed to get 35 million plus for Courtios with 1 year left on his contract and who was forcing a move. She's incompetent with everything else but I disagree about selling. Marina was the first person to exploit China and get 60 million for an average bum like Oscar. Also I have a feeling Sarri has more to do with Willian staying than marina. 

1 minute ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Get back to me when the final figures are in on Big Nose, Luiz, Costa, Cesc, Cahill, Eden, Willian, Emerson, Alonso, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Moses, Bakayoko, Bats, etc etc. Not some plazzy 'oh we paid low sold high' bollocks' but real deal fails on sales that will cost us crazy money as well as deadweight and shit players dragging us down with no replacements in sight (or very few actual positive ones).

We turned down £620m in real, hard offers last summer, NOT even counting anything about Kante.

My £150m loss v those figures is massively conservative against what we will end up getting for those exact same players.

She is going to be (or has been already) bled out like a piggy at Oktoberfest prep. Poor contractual management,  poor buys, often panic-panic in nature, and then makeweight sales is a pear-shaped business model that is going to soon steamroller us.

9 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

There have been rumours of it being 30 million bid, but come on you really think we would turn down that much for Willian at age 29? Barca bid but wanted to low ball us from what I heard. She managed to get 35 million plus for Courtios with 1 year left on his contract and who was forcing a move. She's incompetent with everything else but I disagree about selling. Marina was the first person to exploit China and get 60 million for an average bum like Oscar. Also I have a feeling Sarri has more to do with Willian staying than marina. 

Can we put this gaslighting about the Willian Barca bids somehow not being real to bed. I and others have tirelessly documented in dozens upon dozens of posts as it happened and now in retrospective that the bids were REAL and turned down.

So sick of this revisionist and false history being pushed. And NO, I am not going to give links, as I have done this so many times already. Its on you and all other Show Me Simons to prove this false narrative.

22 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Sadly I do think Mz Penny Pincher would yes.

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Sadly I do think Mz Penny Pincher would yes.

The Courtois deal is a perfect example of the board being inept. We could have gotten double the money if they had sold him in 2017 (as any remotely intelligent person could see he was not going to renew and had eyes on Real and they had heart set on him after the De Gea debacle). Great replacements were there, and at far cheaper prices than the clusterfuck 2018 window.

They have very poor strategically focused vision when it comes down to mid to long term event horizons.

Rinse wash repeat with Eden probably. It's pure normalcy bias. Reactive rather than proactive is a shit way to live life and do business.

This is disappointing to read.  Really think he would be a good buy for us.  If Marina is really worried about money how can we possibly be looking at spending 45 mil on a rb when we have a couple up and comers at that position.  I'm sure a new rb could help but it would be much further down my list of priorities after fixing things up so we get some production out of midfield and someone to take the chances they create.

42 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Marina was the first person to exploit China and get 60 million for an average bum like Oscar. Also I have a feeling Sarri has more to do with Willian staying than marina. 

Alex Teixeira, Hulk, Jackson Martinez (around £115m in transfer fees for just those 3) predated Oscar deal. Also, Tevez was making an insane £600k per week years ago.

5 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

This is disappointing to read.  Really think he would be a good buy for us.  If Marina is really worried about money how can we possibly be looking at spending 45 mil on a rb when we have a couple up and comers at that position.  I'm sure a new rb could help but it would be much further down my list of priorities after fixing things up so we get some production out of midfield and someone to take the chances they create.

haha mate WE know that. But there is no way to get that message thru to the powers that be! They must sit around telling each other how good they have been to be in the black at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

whats the situation on this transfer? its on or not? what about paredes?

no one knows.  Smacks of Golovin to me.  All links to us, and looks set to join, reported bids bla bla bla  then boom, signed by someone else (napoli)

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Can we put this gaslighting about the Willian Barca bids somehow not being real to bed. I and others have tirelessly documented in dozens upon dozens of posts as it happened and now in retrospective that the bids were REAL and turned down.

Not one of which constitute evidence. You just asked someone to get back to you when the final, or shall we say 'real', figures are in regarding recent Chelsea transfer activity. Fair enough but will you get back to us when you have actual facts about Willian & Barcelona?

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Not one of which constitute evidence. You just asked someone to get back to you when the final, or shall we say 'real', figures are in regarding recent Chelsea transfer activity. Fair enough but will you get back to us when you have actual facts about Willian & Barcelona?

I have posted countless times on this. It's flogging a dead horse at this point.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have posted countless times on this. It's flogging a dead horse at this point.

Just because it was reported someone said it, does not make it so. Actual confirmation may emerge one day, but until then I can't get to the jump off point required to reach the same conclusions as many do. That jumping off point is a belief that Marina Granovskaia is terminally stupid. That cannot be the case; it is not the case. Believing otherwise is about people being unable to handle the fact that they don't know the truth and so they substitute guesswork and prejudice instead.

14 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Just because it was reported someone said it, does not make it so. Actual confirmation may emerge one day, but until then I can't get to the jump off point required to reach the same conclusions as many do. That jumping off point is a belief that Marina Granovshia is terminally stupid. That cannot be the case; it is not the case. Believing otherwise is about people being unable to handle the fact that they don't know the truth and so substituting guesswork and prejudice instead.

Matt Law and others who I mostly trust covered the whole saga. I have posted this, starting back in the summer and continuing up until the present (unfortunately). Not just me but so many on this board. They even gave the exact date the last offer, the £65m one, came in, it was the Friday before we travelled back from Australia. Willian himself, whilst not getting into the monetary figures, confirmed the Barca had made multiple offers.

Marina is a puppet of Abramovich, and I do think she has a BAD footballing brain, and bad negotiating skills, as well as very poor future-forward judgement. Her track record is abysmal, other than wringing out profits from the loan army and other business/sponsorship deals that she very likely had no true hand in definitively shaping.

I absolutely stand by my slating her. If you think otherwise, I respect that that is your opinion.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You