• Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard IN; Morata, Fabregas OUT: Chelsea take bare-bones squad to Belarus

Just 19 players traveled from London to Minsk for Thursday’s Europa League match against BATE Borisov

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/11/7/18072206/hazard-in-morata-fabregas-out-chelsea-take-bare-bones-squad-to-belarus

Kovačić promises Chelsea won’t have Liverpool-esque letdown against BATE

Chelsea to continue their “perfect mood” in Belarus

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/11/8/18074566/kovacic-promises-chelsea-wont-have-liverpool-esque-letdown-against-bate

I am extremely excited to see Jorginho/Barkley/RLC midfield 3. our most aggressive attacking midfield we can put on the field + Pedro/Hazard are my 1st choice starting wingers. Could be fireworks today if they click. 

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Who else would you put there. Fabregas is injured.

Kovacic can play there. Or we could've slightly tweaked the formation for this one match. Not like BATE are a top team.

Im not mad at Sarri for starting Jorginho or anything, just worried that he'll suffer later for playing so much early in the season. He's probably our most important player after Eden.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kovacic can play there. Or we could've slightly tweaked the formation for this one match. Not like BATE are a top team.

Im not mad at Sarri for starting Jorginho or anything, just worried that he'll suffer later for playing so much early in the season. He's probably our most important player after Eden.

I agree completely, I hate to see 75' of Jorginho constant movement for a game that does not call for him. But Fabregas getting sick put a dent in the plan. This feels more like an exception rather than the rule. Everton is a sneaky game for sure, but I think he will be alright. No different than a Wed CL game and Sat PL game with regards to rest, although the distance is worrisome. Maybe we will see Ampadu in the role after halftime?

Also, the debate could be made he is of equal importance to Eden due to the system, the drop off from Jorgi to Cesc is about as wide as Eden to Willian, if not wider.