test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Burnley 0-4 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Barkley
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

241 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I so do not understand him, if he is going to shite on defence (he is) then at least be a force in build up

most all his passes (and Azpi too) were square or negative

Kante in first half too, BUT then a light went on and Kante finally started forward thrusting (and Willian too) and we exploded

a shame Hazard isnt RW, as Willian on LW , IF he plays like 2nd half , I can live with

thats 1 of my gripes with willian and pedro they r not consistent enough never mind game to game , half to half, another reason why we need a new wc rw/lw asap might push them on 

Johnnyeye likes this

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo want Conte in at Real Madrid

Real Madrid coach will be collecting his p45 in the morning 2 nil Barcelona

bigbluewillie and Vesper like this

Suarez vs Courtois penalty.  Who do you cheer for?  Can the penalty area blow up for some reason, and both players are left with non life threatening injuries but massive damage to their private bits?

Just now, Stats said:

See. I was spot on. Too many pessimistic fans on here and fans who seems to revel in seeing some of our players put in poor performances. Anyway, fantastic win. Shows we are not a one man team. Goal and 2 assists for Barkley. Always had faith in him and glad he is starting to show what he is capable of. That is 3 goals in a row in the league for him. Relieved for Morata too. Also made my day seeing Palace stop Arsenal's winning run. Finally. We go 2 points ahead of them now. Clean sheet, 4 goals and two of our English players scoring and what a week for RLC. Who would of thought our most convincing victory this season would be without Hazard? Funny old game football. KTBFFH :cig:

The more I see our options to buy a striker, the more I just desperately hope Morata comes good. 

Willian on the left is miles better than Willian on the right

Luiz was overall rock solid (and has been, much to my relief, I am much more comfortable with him now that AC has regressed)

Azpi was meh in first half, but better a bit in 2nd

Pedro is unfortunately fulfilling my 'far too frail' framing WE NEED HIM HEALTHY, and healthy he aint atm

Kante finally went offensive in the 2nd half! THATS HUGE!!!!!

only one who was blaaaaa mostly all game was Alonso

that is all the players I usually whinge about, almost all had great games, especially second half

I would love to see Emerson get more playing time, he looked great the last 2 games, Zappa too

we need them sharp in case on injury

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Luiz was overall rock solid (and has been, much to my relief, I am much more comfortable with him now that AC has regressed)

TBH, Luiz has been solid for most of the season but no one gives him the credit he deserves when he plays well. But one mistake and everyone is clawing down his neck. I know he is culpable of making errors but he has been a big bonus under Sarri and definitely more positives than negatives.

Johnnyeye, Strike and Fernando like this

Just now, Stats said:

TBH, Luiz has been solid for most of the season but no one gives him the credit he deserves when he plays well. But one mistake and everyone is clawing down his neck. I no he is culpable of making errors but he has been a big bonus under Sarri and definitely more positives than negatives.

He has massively cut down the errors, its all I every asked. Mental errors in football (and life) drive me CRAY! Lolol

Its just my personality (got it from my mum). He does offer so much with his passing. Lets hope he stays focused and injury free.

Johnnyeye and Stats like this

Thought the team was awesome today. The boys did good, especially Barkley for me, becoming a fan of him. Kovacic has a fight in his hand, can't take that position for granted anymore with Barks and Lofty-Cheeks all claiming a stake. Loving what I've been seeing from the team so far, this time we are truly going for the sexy style.

Johnnyeye, the wes and Strike like this

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

Lofty-Cheeks

Sounds like the result of a facelift :). Burnley tinpot northern pricks they were lucky to get nil totally outclassed and their manager with the robot voice can do one as well.

Johnnyeye and manpe like this

Exellent game. cant believe how on form all of our midfielders are. Even Kante had a better game given his new position IMO. I wish we were able to recreate such an all-round attacking display against the big sides too. Kepa was struggling a bit but he was getting no protection from the ref and Burnely were expectedly rough. Really hard to pick our best midfield rn. But with all the games we have now surely no problem to keep them all happy when rotated enough.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Sometimes, when Pedro is off-form, I wish we could play some 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid, with Barkley playing as right AMF... Like this:

------------ Morata-----------

Hazard-----------------------

------------------Barkley----

----Kovačić----------------

----------------Kante------

---------Jorginho---------

eemanyooel likes this

5 minutes ago, El P. said:

Sometimes, when Pedro is off-form, I wish we could play some 4-3-3/4-4-2 hybrid, with Barkley playing as right AMF... Like this:

------------ Morata-----------

Hazard-----------------------

------------------Barkley----

----Kovačić----------------

----------------Kante------

---------Jorginho---------

Swap Giroud for Morata, Eden doesnt trust Alvaro for shit. Giroud would probably set him up much better.

Johnnyeye likes this

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

I want to see a MF soon soon sooon in a game of Kovacic Jorginho Barkley

That’s the trio which could be the right solution, and which certainly needs to be looked at. As I said when I commented on our midfield inbalance about six weeks ago, it involves thinking the unthinkable however. That’s hard to do, especially when it concerns the loveable wee man.

To be fair to Maurizio, his public statements make it clear that he has this problem in mind. I think we can infer from his comments that he’s working on solutions at Cobham. This is another reason why Mason Mount should have spent pre-season with us. He is not as silky as Matt but he’s better than decent in possession, a much greater goal threat, and actually enjoys his defensive work. He’ll need to be considered before next summer’s decisions are made. 

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this