test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

24. Reece James

Started by the wes,

612 posts in this topic

We just need him asap.....he is ready imo. Will slot right in, will make a big impact on either end to no end. Man we could have easily had more pts if not for these stinking injuries we suddenly suffer in mass.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Think his 1st game will be the league cup fixture the 25th

 

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Any chance we could start seeing him in the starting XI after the international break?

He will play U23 on 13 September and then probably one or two more U23 matches til Lamps plays him, so Azpi will cost us more points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

We just need him asap.....he is ready imo. Will slot right in, will make a big impact on either end to no end. Man we could have easily had more pts if not for these stinking injuries we suddenly suffer in mass.

if he doesnt come good quick we are fucked

I am not playing the patience game after this season

IF James does look like a top 3 or 4 RB in the EPL, then we simply MUST sell Azpi and go grab a beast

Emerson is good, but I think we need to upgrade there as well, and certainty improve depth, and FFS SELL ALONSO

if we do not sell Azpi and Alonso next summer I am going on the fucking warpath

as it is plain we are tanking the team

there is a damn good chance we will lose CHO (maybe on a free if he refuses to renew) lose Willian on a free

have a burnt Azpi, a pure shit Alonso, a pure shit Zouma

still have Bats floating in the aether

and in desperate need of at least one WC CB, maybe two

plus 2 WC wingers at least

and another striker (even if Tammy comes good, we gotta boot Bats and Giroud)

we also need a WC DMF/B to B MFer type

Barkley needs to go probably unless he really comes good, which so far is a NO

so much work to do, especially if things break badly

and IF we do fuckall,  with literally £400m plus in potential war chest and jack shite done

then anyone who refuses to admit at that point,

that the team is being wilfully sunk by Roman, then they are either blind, a liar, a fool, or all three

IF CHO leaves and Reece doesnt pan out, we are in deep shit just from that

and it only gets worse from there

key tells are Azpi and Zouma

if they are both here and still starting next year

we are FUCKED

 

 

 

 

 

 

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Vesper said:

if he doesnt come good quick we are fucked

I am not playing the patience game after this season

IF James does look like a top 3 or 4 RB in the EPL, then we simply MUST sell Azpi and go grab a beast

Emerson is good, but I think we need to upgrade there as well, and certainty improve depth, and FFS SELL ALONSO

if we do not sell Azpi and Alonso next summer I am going on the fucking warpath

as it is plain we are tanking the team

there is a damn good chance we will lose CHO (maybe on a free if he refuses to renew) lose Willian on a free

have a burnt Azpi, a pure shit Alonso, a pure shit Zouma

still have Bats floating in the aether

and in desperate need of at least one WC CB, maybe two

plus 2 WC wingers at least

and another striker (even if Tammy comes good, we gotta boot Bats and Giroud)

we also need a WC DMF/B to B MFer type

Barkley needs to go probably unless he really comes good, which so far is a NO

so much work to do, especially if things break badly

and IF we do fuckall,  with literally £400m plus in potential war chest and jack shite done

then anyone who refuses to admit at that point,

that the team is being wilfully sunk by Roman, then they are either blind, a liar, a fool, or all three

IF CHO leaves and Reece doesnt pan out, we are in deep shit just from that

and it only gets worse from there

key tells are Azpi and Zouma

if they are both here and still starting next year

we are FUCKED

 

 

 

 

 

 

I fucking agree Vesper.....they really have allowed the team to go stale, we simply have too many issues and I for one do not see Marina or whomever to rectify it well enough. We need to spend 300M come summer. We can afford it.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

I fucking agree Vesper.....they really have allowed the team to go stale, we simply have too many issues and I for one do not see Marina or whomever to rectify it well enough. We need to spend 300M come summer. We can afford it.

I would argue the squad now is the least stale it's been in years. Seeing the younger element coming in and performing well so far is very refreshing and bodes well for the future.

There has to be more patience here. Yes we definitely need to make improvements to the squad next summer, and I'm sure that will happen but I would much rather we got the right players and it took us a couple of summer windows to do so rather than trying to rebuild the squad in the transfer market like we did in 2017 and end up with some really piss poor buys.

At the moment our squad looks very thin but we have about half a dozen players out currently, some of which are amongst our best players and the rest have genuine arguments for being starters too. I think the season as a whole will settle down over the next month or two and whilst top 4 will be difficult, I still think top 6 is more than realistic over the course of a season.

We seem to have made the decision to change the style of play to a more progressive and attack minded one and over the two transfer windows we had in this period I feel we brought players that suit that style and we've been prepared to pay big money for those players (Kepa, Kovacic, Jorginho, Pulisic) so again have to disagree with this idea that the club is just prepared to go through the motions. The last two windows would suggest that lessons have been learned. I think there is a plan in place but it's still in its infancy and the groundwork is still being laid. 

RLC is the example that hopefully some of these young players can look to this season. As he grew more confident and was trusted more by the manager he continued to improve until by the time he got injured he was one of the first names on the team-sheet. This time last season very few expected that rise from him. With the support of the manager, and continued regular exposure to game time there's nothing to say that we haven't got another 4 or 5 like that who will continue to improve and flourish as the season goes by. It may not help a huge amount this season but we will be in a far stronger position come next summer.

At that point I'm sure the club and Lampard will identify the biggest gaps in the squad and strengthen accordingly in that window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I would argue the squad now is the least stale it's been in years. Seeing the younger element coming in and performing well so far is very refreshing and bodes well for the future.

There has to be more patience here. Yes we definitely need to make improvements to the squad next summer, and I'm sure that will happen but I would much rather we got the right players and it took us a couple of summer windows to do so rather than trying to rebuild the squad in the transfer market like we did in 2017 and end up with some really piss poor buys.

At the moment our squad looks very thin but we have about half a dozen players out currently, some of which are amongst our best players and the rest have genuine arguments for being starters too. I think the season as a whole will settle down over the next month or two and whilst top 4 will be difficult, I still think top 6 is more than realistic over the course of a season.

We seem to have made the decision to change the style of play to a more progressive and attack minded one and over the two transfer windows we had in this period I feel we brought players that suit that style and we've been prepared to pay big money for those players (Kepa, Kovacic, Jorginho, Pulisic) so again have to disagree with this idea that the club is just prepared to go through the motions. The last two windows would suggest that lessons have been learned. I think there is a plan in place but it's still in its infancy and the groundwork is still being laid. 

RLC is the example that hopefully some of these young players can look to this season. As he grew more confident and was trusted more by the manager he continued to improve until by the time he got injured he was one of the first names on the team-sheet. This time last season very few expected that rise from him. With the support of the manager, and continued regular exposure to game time there's nothing to say that we haven't got another 4 or 5 like that who will continue to improve and flourish as the season goes by. It may not help a huge amount this season but we will be in a far stronger position come next summer.

At that point I'm sure the club and Lampard will identify the biggest gaps in the squad and strengthen accordingly in that window. 

If lessons have been learned then we would have a striker beside Tammy, we would have got rid of Willy and the likes. We have had big holes for some time now mate. Yes youth coming in is a big plus, but theres no guarantee they will make it, but signs are good thats for sure. But still if you wanna compete and actually fight for trophies then those gaps need a power boost. This squad will not be anywhere near complete if we dont get rid of some players and bring in quality to complement. This season we are once again handicapped, but we def should not be next season or heads must roll imo. In this day and age its very easy to get left behind, you have to spend but spend smartly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will do just fine as long as he is physically at the ready.......Azpi has been such a player for us but all those min's ( there is alot ) have caught up with him.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He played 45 minutes of the U23 match. Was most of the times rock solid at defense. There was one instance, where Guehi and James did not look that good, but I think that James did not give 100% in that moment. He just did not track backfast enough and he did not really try either. Apart from that, he was solid.Offensive wise, he did some good crosses, but his passing was a little bit off. He sometimes won tackles and then passed it back to the opponent. Overall, a good performance. He probably needs at least two more U23 matches to get match fit. He only trained two days prior, so obviously he needs time to be fully fit. He looked promising though

1905didierblue and NikkiCFC like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude must sign that contract and be the first name on the teamsheet on Saturday. What a performance once more.

I have never seen such maturity, intelligence and awareness for space and timing of passes and dribblings from a 19 year old right back since Philipp Lahm. And Reece has twice the built, dribbling ability and pace as Lahm. If he continues this trajectory without any injuries or he wil be the best right back in the world no doubt (Meanwhile at the exact time I wrote this Wan-Bissaka missed an open net.... ).

ja1, The Skipper and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m trying to be conscious of not putting too much expectation on this guy but at the same time I can’t help but be excited by him. He can pass, cross, shoot, he’s strong, he can defend, he can beat a man, the strength and aggression, the mentality.. in fact, if this season goes well for him, I would want him to be captain. May seem crazy but the way I see it, he is (in my opinion) already one of our more talented and complete players, he has extensive previous leadership history (captaining youth sides and even Wigan) and it would kind of symbolise Frank and Jodie’s new era of the academy. Feels right.

 

for similar reasons I also thought about the possibility of Mount getting it, but James just has more likelihood of making position his own in short and long term (no slight on Mount). 

 

And also..it seems he officially is credited with two assists tonight.🔥

The Skipper and kellzfresh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Dude must sign that contract and be the first name on the teamsheet on Saturday. What a performance once more.

I have never seen such maturity, intelligence and awareness for space and timing of passes and dribblings from a 19 year old right back since Philipp Lahm. And Reece has twice the built, dribbling ability and pace as Lahm. If he continues this trajectory without any injuries or he wil be the best right back in the world no doubt (Meanwhile at the exact time I wrote this Wan-Bissaka missed an open net.... ).

When a Youth Hater says something like this, it must mean something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to sound like a huge cunt but 90 minutes v Grimsby and already seeing can be one of the best in the world and should be made captain etc. Jeez. Think thats a bit far fetched after 1 full game and I rate him very highly. Dont even think McEachran got such praise after strolling it vs Marseille and Newcastle.

Yes he played well,  yes he got 2 assists but tougher tests will come for him and the other guys but its a good start.

We need to be wary with these guys theres still a long way for them to go although tonight was very promising. Gives Lampard food for thought though,  which I am sure he will appreciate knowning he can trust these guys in certain games if he needs to for rotations and suspensions.

 

blues.bridge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.