General Chelsea Stuff

I often come across stuff that we dont have anywhere that  we already have a thread open to post it. And I'm sure others have/do to.

Things about the Chelsea in general. The team as a whole, the supporters - whatever.

And I couldn't think of a better section to make it.

Love this Tweet - The Willian and T'Boa ones cracked me up. Pretty much hits the nail on the head!

• 3 months later...

This is one of those comments that I didn't know where else to post it.

IIve not been a member that long considering how long a lot of you have but I really like the site. Theres a good mix of people. All from varied backgrounds, with different opinions and all with love for Chelsea but showing it in various ways.

I've read thru quite a lot of the old threads and some have cracked me up and can only guess what it was like when we had many posters.

Where I would love to see us at least able to sign new members we could at least try to get existing members to come back - or to post more.

I have always noticed that we have quite a few members that sign in but dont post yet they do use their 'like' buttons.

Ive noticed also that some of them have been members for almost 10 years. All with differing amounts of posts - some only 5 or 6.

But they do sign in when they visit which I don't fully understand as they don't have benefits  from signing in.

But I've begun messaging a couple, just saying hi etc and found them all to be nice guys. All interested in talking about the club and sharing opinions.

I've noticed too that a couple I've reached out to have since began to join in conversations and made very good posts.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this?

Mental Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd FA Cup KO times revealed

https://www.football365.com/news/chelsea-arsenal-man-united-fa-cup-ko-times-revealed

Mental and Chelsea who would have thought those 2 words heading a CFC article lol.

After tomorrow's game here is the sched....

Saturday 19th January
Premier League
Arsenal    
17:30
Chelsea    
Thursday 24th January
Carabao Cup
Chelsea    
19:45
Tottenham Hotspur     On Sky
Sunday 27th January
The FA Cup
Chelsea    
18:00
TBC    
Wednesday 30th January
Premier League
Bournemouth    
Chelsea    
February 2019
Saturday 2nd February
Premier League
Chelsea    
15:00
Huddersfield Town

Ohh then away to M.City!!! Easy Easy Easy 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 11:58 AM, mccg said:

Mental Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd FA Cup KO times revealed

https://www.football365.com/news/chelsea-arsenal-man-united-fa-cup-ko-times-revealed

Mental and Chelsea who would have thought those 2 words heading a CFC article lol.

After tomorrow's game here is the sched....

Saturday 19th January
Premier League
Arsenal    
17:30
Chelsea    
Thursday 24th January
Carabao Cup
Chelsea    
Tottenham Hotspur     On Sky
Sunday 27th January
The FA Cup
Chelsea    
18:00
TBC    
Wednesday 30th January
Premier League
Bournemouth    
Chelsea    
February 2019
Saturday 2nd February
Premier League
Chelsea    
15:00
Huddersfield Town

Ohh then away to M.City!!! Easy Easy Easy 

No probs. We will have Higs by Spuds day!

• 2 weeks later...

CHELSEA IN THE YEAR OF THE PIG

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/2/1/chelsea-in-the-year-of-the-pig?cardIndex=0-4

The Year of the Pig arrives on the Chinese zodiac calendar every 12 years and it has often been an eventful time for Chelsea Football Club whether the Blues have been challenging for honours or battling for survival.

As we welcome the Lunar New Year, we reflect on the successes and disappointments which the Blues have experienced on the last five occasions we have celebrated the Year of the Pig.

snip

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

CHELSEA IN THE YEAR OF THE PIG

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/2/1/chelsea-in-the-year-of-the-pig?cardIndex=0-4

The Year of the Pig arrives on the Chinese zodiac calendar every 12 years and it has often been an eventful time for Chelsea Football Club whether the Blues have been challenging for honours or battling for survival.

As we welcome the Lunar New Year, we reflect on the successes and disappointments which the Blues have experienced on the last five occasions we have celebrated the Year of the Pig.

snip

Add on

What’s going on at Chelsea?

https://www.tifofootball.com/podcast/whats-going-on-at-chelsea/

• 4 weeks later...

Bruce Buck -"The charge in the first place was a waste of time. 'Almost nothing happened (against Vidi). I really thought they were wasting their time, effort and manpower on something like this and missing some of the big pictures."

Bit different to the tone from the club straight after the game. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46561167

Also, despite being "guilty" (and named in the press), I haven't seen anything further on the alleged racism directed at Sterling during the City game at home.

Maybe the club should be quicker to wait for the facts before throwing fans under the bus, wankers.

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Just 3 days after the end of the season.

Uefa really fucked schedule. We play last game of the season on May 12th. EL final is on May 29th. Knowing our players they'll get knocked out of EL before so they can go on vacation 2 weeks earlier. 

• 1 month later...

Big weekend ahead for the club kicks off in just over an hour and a half.

At 5pm UK (6pm CET) our under 19s take on Barcelona in the semi-final of the uefa Youth League. Our lads will be looking to avenge defeat by the same side in last year's final. We didn't turn up and were convincingly beaten 3-0. I felt we picked the wrong side that day; Ethan Ampadu missed the game having suffered his injury in the semi-final but George McEachran, Charlie Brown and Tariq Uwakwe, who should all have started, were on the bench. Ethan won't be involved today but George and Charlie will start for sure this time around. Barca are favourites but I'm confident we'll give a better account of ourselves than last season. The game is live on BT Sport.

Then, at 2pm on Sunday, Chelsea Women, take on European Champions Lyon for a place in the Women's Champions League final. The women, very undeservedly, lost the away leg 2-1 last week in front of more than 22,000. (A record for a women's Champions League game outside of the final itself.) Lyon are widely regarded as the best female team in the world and are three time reigning European Champions. Even so, we did not look second best to them last week despite the loss. They caused us problems of course but we had the better of the game's chances including a missed penalty and a one-on-one from which Maren Mjelde looked set to score but her shot was well saved. Meanwhile, their goals were fortunate. The first came from a shot which our keeper had covered, and which would have gone wide anyway, but it was delected into the net by Magda Eriksson for her second costly own goal in a week. (Her 93rd minute own goal from a harmless cross cost us the FA Cup semi-final against Man City.) Lyon's second was from a corner which took a double ricochet at the near post to bamboozle its way past our goalie. The game at Kingsmeadow is sold out, the first time that's happened.

Then of course there's the latest 'last chance' for the men to claim a Champions League spot. They owe themselves a good result don't they?

7 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Under 19s WON! :drunk:

And what a game! 2-2 at the end of normal time, straight to pens, fell behind in the spot kicks before a miss and a Karlo Ziger save brought us back to win 5-4 after six kicks each.

Definitely a game of two halves. Barcelona dominated posession in the first forty-five although we had some moments. It was from one of those that they took the lead. A header from a Chelsea corner was cleared off the line and from that situation they moved it out to their American right winger (looks a really good player)  who set up a sitter. They deserved the lead and should probably have led by more than 1 goal at the break. The second half, particularly the last half hour, was a totally different story. It was played almost exclusively in their half. It wouldn't be an overstatemt to say we battered them during that period. We had numerous chances, keeper made great saves, we missed sitters, were denied a clear pen, saw one shot kicked off the line by a deffender, and another blocked by one of our own players. The Barca coach constatly pleaded with his lads to get up the pitch, in Spanish naturally but it didn't need translating. "Get out, get out, get up!", sounds the same in any language. His charges could not do it though. It was breathless, exciting stuff. Then, almost as soon as our equaliser did come, from a bad pass by their keeper, Barca went up the other end and re-took the lead. I felt our second equaliser, and eventual penalties win, were deserved.