test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

329 posts in this topic

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

My guess is that Klopp will have one of Keita, Wijnaldum, or Milner pressing and man-marking Jorginho all game long in order to disrupt our entire way of playing. Hopefully he can cope. They'll also have their fullbacks and midfielders doubling up on Hazard of course.

We have to also be prepared for their usual blitz in the first 15 minutes. 

Possibly Firmino tracking back to man-mark Jorginho as well.  Will need Luiz and Rudiger to be good on the ball.  We'll see.  Should be evident straight away.

Johnnyeye, Unionjack and 11Drogba like this

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Possibly Firmino tracking back to man-mark Jorginho as well.  Will need Luiz and Rudiger to be good on the ball.  We'll see.  Should be evident straight away.

Yeah, Luiz is the biggest worry in this game. That front 3 is terrible to deal with for even quick, mobile CB's. Good as David is on the ball given time, getting caught out of position and having to scramble to recover will be suicidal against this team.

We basically need to play our best in every area of the pitch to beat Liverpool here. In my opinion the scariest side to go against in the league at the moment. 

Johnnyeye and Sideshow Luiz like this

What worries me the most is Pedro's absence. So far this season, the substitution of a fresh winger coming in (Pedro,Willian,Hazard) proved to be very successful. I fear the lack of a quality attacking player coming on from the bench might be an issue if we're trying to change the course of the game. For that reason alone, I wish Hudson-Odoi was on the list.

Johnnyeye likes this

Arse, Spuds, and City all win. Feels like Arse should be a mile behind us but I think they're only 1 point back.

Johnnyeye likes this

Shocked Naby Keita is benched for the thug Henderson, that's the only player missing, otherwise their strongest lineup :(

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Arse, Spuds, and City all win. Feels like Arse should be a mile behind us but I think they're only 1 point back.

7 wins for them on the bounce, Emery has righted their ship fairly well

Johnnyeye likes this

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep! Spurs are the same as well.. 

Johnnyeye likes this

One thing we do have and City don't is Giroud. They can't play long balls and bypass the Pool press because Aguero is like 4 feet tall. We can do that because Giroud is arguably top5 in the world when it comes to winning aerial battles. If that works properly then Pool midfield will have to run back and forth even more than usual and they will run out of gas after 60 minutes or so

Really excited to see how this game will pan out!!

Johnnyeye and 11Drogba like this

15 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

One thing we do have and City don't is Giroud. 

Haha :D Who needs Agüero when you got Giroud? 

Giroud is okay, he is better than Morata but he is nowhere near world class..Never been and never will be.

Johnnyeye likes this

No Pedro,not even on bench is a fucking massive miss, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We need the whipping boys (Luiz, Alonso (on defence) , Azpi (on offence) and Willian to have monster games. Would be GREAT if Giroud actually scored for a change too. Hopefully this is the game Kante finally settles in to new role as well.

Johnnyeye and 11Drogba like this

damn, that Liverpool front 3 is nightmares galore for any defense, pls God, let us win this :worship:, no more scouse wank fest. Goodluck lads and KTBFFH, make us all proud. Good starting 11 btw, cheers.

11Drogba and Laylabelle like this