• Morata (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yep but City lacks core part of any team which is connection to the football club. 

They are plastic as it gets. Bunch of players thrown together and only reason they are doing well is Guardiola connecting them. But it might as well be City, Wolverhampton, Burnley, Nottingham Forrest they would be playing for. They wouldnt give a shit what club it is. It just so happens its Manchester City but they dont have any connection to that city/club/history whatever...

Pool has that. They have Milner, Henderson, TAA who might not be the best, but they love the club. They also have Mane, Firmino and Salah who came to the club as alright players and Klopp/Pool turned them into world beaters for which they are grateful for. 

Pep has unlimited resources and whoever comes there is just another player to play in their chess game. Just like Mahrez. They already have shitload of players but they had to buy him too. Apart from Kompany there is not a single player that would be killing himself to win a game for them. Silva and Aguero come close, but they are not youngest anymore and not realy warrior type of characters (Aguero was, but not anymore)

Their quality is big, but for europe and vs best teams in world, you need passion. 

City has no passion, much like Psg. Those two wont win CL for a long time with the way they play. 

Chelsea after Roman was kind off in the same situation, but we got blessed by Mou, Kenyon who realy created the passion and spirit at the club and bunch of players who managed to translate that on the pitch. You will never experience Terry, Ballack, Drogba or Lamps level of passionate emotions from City players. That will stop them from being great. Quality is one thing and it would work if Footballers were robots. But they are humans. And its surprising how much more you can give if you realy love something and fight for it, despite not having as much talent as someone else.

Not really an interesting topic for me, but I could argue that City have something going on atm. I would have fully agreed with you a couple of seasons ago.

Aguero, Silva and Kompany have been around a long time now, and have been consistent performers when selected and have forged some connection with the club.

But if you were to talk about personalities? Then I'd agree,. Barring Kompany, none of them would compare with the True Blues.  Especially that Aguero. Disliked him ever since his revenge tackle on Luiz.

I can see where you're coming from though. Our core group of big characters were responsible for the trophies we won in 2012, despite our obvious weaknesses. Not many teams can pull that off.

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

We need to do everything to keep Kovacic

Agreed..

I was hoping we could just keep him on for the full 90 mins today

I think Sarri wanted to give Ross a fair chance, but I'd wish he'd pass on that for this big game.

Would have even preferred Fabregas who would have allowed us to keep the ball and turn the pressure on Liverpool.

6 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Yes and no.  We're going to be different, but the book on Sarri and how he wants to build up is already written.  When playing for Italy, Jorginho was man-marked and didn't have a great match.  People started say that he's been "found out" as if no one in Serie A had ever tried that before.  

Jorginho can only be man marked IF a team can play loose and not tight with other positions.

Let's be brutally honest

those positions are (I ignore CB in this,as a CB is not as crucial to relieving pressure off Jorginho as the rest of these positions, and Luiz had a good game and still pressure on Jorginho)

AMF Kante ,for all his wondrous attributes, just doesn't offer a true forward leaning threat,and certainly will never be a goal scorer of any renown

RB Azpi the same as Kante, although in his RB position his defence can somewhat make up for it, but we need a true 2 way RB 

LB Alonso, other than his occasional goals, he doesn't offer much else,and is still slow and defensive liability

and the two HUGE ones

RW (if not Pedro,and Pedro is ageing and injury prone so NOT any everyday player) WILLIAN IS SHIT, Moses is SHIT, we either buy someone like Bailey or we can fuck off, it's not rocket science

STRIKER same but even more glaring than RW, its a joke to think we can win atan ultra high level with Giroud.Morata?? He is the worst starter on the team,he is horrifically bad, he actually,somehow, looks words every game

Now the cold hard math

the right player to fill all 6 positions (counting CB) would be around £400m to £450m

we have around £400m of pure dead weight in the team to sell

(and NO, this is NOT counting selling ANY of the following (Hazard, Kante, Barkley, Pedro, Luiz, Giroud, Fabregas, RLC (I would loan him) Azi, Emerson, etc

This IS selling (and these are completely realistic prices)

Marcos Alonso  £50m to RM

Danny Drinkwater £30m

Victor Moses £20m

Davide Zappacosta £20m

Willian £55m (he needs to fucking GO)

Gary Cahill £15m

Álvaro Morata £50m (if we are lucky)

Baba Rahman £10m

Kurt Zouma £25m

Tiémoué Bakayoko £35m

Kenedy £15m

Charly Musonda £10m

Michy Batshuayi £40m

£25m in loan army bullshit sales

TOTAL RAISED £400m

even if the 6 replacements cost £500m

we SURELY can spend £100m net in a fucking window (and those 6 might not cost £500m, might be far cheaper) AND again THAT IS NOT counting selling Hazard or even Kante,etc

NONE of those I listed are even remotely important in 2 years (and almost all NOW) to the team , especially if they are UPGRADED

and I dont sell LUIZ, HAZARD, KANTE, CESC, AZPI, RLC, EMERSON, GIROUD, OR BARKLEY and still get to 400 million quid!!

here is the 6 I would buy (and I price them HIGH)

CB Matthijs de Ligt £85m or Marquinhos £90m

RB Pavard (also is, obviously, a centre back) £70m

LB Junior Firpo (£55m release clause)

AMF Talisca (£35m) or my preferred Kai Havertz (£60M)

RW Bailey (£75m)

Striker Icardi (£120m) or Dybala (£140m)

total £450m (lowest) to £490m MAX

so only £50m to £90m net spend

we need to GET IT THE FUCK DONE

losing all patience with this shit

1 hour ago, FabHazard said:

Zero weaknesses... LOL

Their Midfield is not good enough..Cannot control the match when other sides press them...Even Leicester played them off the park....RB and CB (Gomez) have not been tested enough......Allison is not a ball playing keeper..

I do not even want to talk about their depth

They are overhyped and overrated

City pisses on them in all areas

Gomez and Alexander-Arnold are the real deal. I would kill to have them on Chelsea. Sorry, your wrong on that. Their midfield starters are more than competent enough to win the league if they started every game (which they cant, thus my depth comment) Fabinho MAY come good, who knows, I smell Bakayoko time atm.

Alisson not a ball playing keeper? LOLOLOL

You must be having a laff

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

Yes they do... Am not underestimating any of those players but ffs this is klopp third season on charge without any shit to reckon as trophy... Many underestimated Chelsea simply because of our implosion under Conte last season but I think we also deserve the benefit of the doubt... Had it been we have a clinical striker and a good young left winger ala Bailey.. I will be so sure of competing for the league... But truth be said Sarri deserves the praise... 

Bailey is RW, not left, he prefers and usually plays inverted. Wath Bayer Leverkusen games like I do. That's why UJ, myself, and others always bring him up to bin Willian at RW.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's not a glaring error but it did seem like he reacted late to it. Think he was expecting the shot to just go over the target but realized the ball was dipping into the top corner and by the time he reacted, it was too late to do anything about it. Maybe if he's a tad taller, he might have saved it and covered that dodgy moment.

And by the way, if people are gonna put the blame on Kepa, then they should do the same on Kante as well. Didn't close Sturridge down well enough. He was on his left foot and we all know he likes to shoot from distance. Kante should have known better.

Its the first thing all the 4 different network commentators we had on said,he was not shut down by Kante, plus it was a wonder-strike due to that time he had to set up None blamed Kepa (rightly so).

2 hours ago, chelseawise said:

I am happy with a draw, was expecting a thrashing with arguably the best attack on planet.

Getting a point from this game may be a good result but if you look at the bigger picture, it's back-to-back draws all of a sudden. We're nowhere near a "bad moment" yet but if we slip up again at Southampton next weekend, then we will be entering dangerous territory with United to come after that and Spurs as well Arsenal being close behind us in the table.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Jorginho can only be man marked IF a team can play loose and not tight with other positions.

Let's be brutally honest

those positions are (IwillignoreCB in thsi,as a CB is not crucial to relieving pressure off Jorginho to the rest of these levels, and Luiz had a good game and still pressure on Jorginho)

I actually think that our CBs are crucial to relieving pressure on Jorginho.  when he gets marked he will move the marker around and one of the other 2 CMs has to drop deep to be an outlet.  Kovacic was doing this from day 1.  Barkley is starting to get the hang of it now (at least did on Wednesday).  Or, this will give them (CBs) licence to carry the ball forwards, or pass the ball to a target man that doesn't fall over.

Man-marking Jorginho is a thing, and teams in Serie A were absolutely doing it, but it didn't always work out for them.

https://spielverlagerung.com/2016/12/03/sarris-napoli-in-rampant-home-victory/

https://footballia.net/matches/ssc-napoli-fc-internazionale-serie-a

Vesper,

Your impatience with Chelsea is the same old story for me (since Robben was sold and Duff departed, Makelele left, then Carvalho, etc.).

I wish Chelsea would assemble a true world class side again. It's arguably harder to do now compared to 2005,but it can be done. 

Chelsea should probably be sold by Roman and then we can move on to doing things right if we have the right people in charge.

Probably should give up on Spanish strikers too, FFS.

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

Gomez and Alexander-Arnold are the real deal. I would kill to have them on Chelsea. Sorry, your wrong on that. Their midfield starters are more than competent enough to win the league if they started every game (which they cant, thus my depth comment) Fabinho MAY come good, who knows, I smell Bakayoko time atm.

Alisson not a ball playing keeper? LOLOLOL

You must be having a laff

Haha ...Lol.... if you think alisson is a ball playing keeper then you must not be watching other keepers .....

Regarding Alexander and gomez ..Their potential is good..I would wait a season before passing judgements....They are yet to be tested by top sides

All things considered draw is a fair result. Glad that Kovačić was best player on the pitch, and that Salah was awful. Great save by Kepa too, to gain some confidence. Full backs were the worst, along with Willian.

I'll take it, encouraging performance against the leaders.

EDIT: And I must admit one thing: even I don't generally consider Sarri to be better than Conte (jet), he is exactly what we need at the moment. Long may it last.

It wasn't the draw that pissed me off it was when they scored the sodding thing!

But I'll take that any day after the short length of time Sarri has had.

Thoght the lads on the whole played really well.

Luiz had a goodun. He does have a great pass range when he wants and didn't fuck up defensively. Rudi too. Good block off Salah on the line!

Jorgi was excellent trying to get is forward as usual

Mat K tho what a good game. We HAVE to do all we can sign the guy.

Ngolo had a solid game. The only downside which surprised and saddened me was Barkley. Bad job on their equalizer.

Was a shame Willian didn't pass to Girooo in the 1st half when he was open but think he wanted to score more than win at the time.

And Eden eh! We really can't keep relying on him to score. Someone has to step up. ANYONE! Fine old classical jump n air punch as celebration. Thought he might make up something special after dropping the knee slide.

Thought we played superb in all honesty, yes the late strike was a bit tough to take but the football we played at times was sublime. The goal itself was superb.

Kovacic was immense, we need to do everything possible to sign him.