test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

David Neres

Started by the wes,

35 posts in this topic

Chelsea have reportedly joined the hunt to sign David Neres, who has already spoken out about reported interest from Borussia Dortmund this week.

The Ajax man could join the Blues in January, according to CalcioMercarto.

Fantastic player. 

Honestly, I recommend everyone to watch this Ajax team. De Ligt, de Jong, Ziyech, Tagliafico, Neres, van de Beek....the amount of talent is crazy. The club is going to make 300 million euros by selling all of them eventually.

Vesper likes this

Been pushing Neres a lot lately as my 2nd RW target after Bailey (Chiesa is an inverted LW). De Ligt is out of our price range already. Frenkie de Jong is going to be world class soon. Probably van de Beek too.

As a footie fan looking historically, it's a shame they can't hold on to their players and go back to glory days, but such is the modern financial game.

Think if we dont get a transfer ban and miss out on Pepe, although I reckon he will go Bayern like reported a while ago, Neres should definitely be considered although it probably would be better for him to be loaned back to Ajax for another season as the guy is a bit lightweight and can still make the wrong decisions at times as seen in the CL this season vs Juventus but he has impressed me with his willingness to run at players and has been involved with 16 goals in 20 starts and 8 sub apperances in the Erevidise. As well as 2 goals and 2 assists in the CL. Definitely be interest this summer from other clubs though due to Ajaxs CL run and maybe some of them, such as a Dortmund,.would be better suited. Even if he came here and didnt go back to Ajax I think his directness and dribbling ability would offer us something different to Pedro and Willian.

Hopefully we are still tracking him, I am sure we were before he went to Ajax.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hopefully we are still tracking him, I am sure we were before he went to Ajax.

Were here any rumours or why do you think that?

11 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Were here any rumours or why do you think that?

Im sure it was said we were after him before Ajax got him.

nyikolajevics likes this

I like him a lot. He tends to score/assist in pretty much all big game. And he scores important goals like the draw against Juventus in the first leg. I think he only started 9 games in his position in the RW this season but scored 5 and 2 assists. He is not fully developed yet but he is a Douglas Costa with end product and not injury prone.

Luka Jovic is a pure #9. Not sure what he would have to do with a pacy, skillful winger like Neres.

Anyways, this kid is a massive talent and definitely has the same swagger and effortless ability to dribble defenders that Hazard has. Definitely the sort of player we should be looking at to replace him.

Pulisic as right footed RW doesnt give me as much excitement. Neres is left footed and would be fantastic adition.

Odoi, Pulisic and Neres could be one hell of attack in couple years.

Edit: He is 22 already, I thought he is 20 or something. Still good potential and IMO worth of adding to our squad. Neither Pedro or Willian are good anymore and Hazard is leaving, so 3 wingers are a must.

I watched Ajax's CL-games. They did a great job but I think it was the run of their lives. De Jong and De Ligt are real deals, there is no doubt about that, but I think the rest of their players are not extraordinary, they just made a great team and had a good and lucky run. Van de Beek and Neres are promising players too but I don't expect them to be superstars.

Anyway, if we look at our squad Neres would be a nice addition but I would rather pick Richarlison.

Supermonkey92 and DYC. like this

Neres comes no where near what Chelsea should be aiming for. He had some decent games in the Champions League, but doesn't have the best ball control, pass or shot, no physique whatsoever just good pace and alright skills. 

As i said i rate him. i think he is much more skilful than people are saying. This season was not so good for him, they changed the manager and Neres started playing in the middle and out position until be benched. Last season he was their top scorer.

But i suspect he would lose the ball all the time in the Premier League. Also the prospect of two new wingers that never played in the league leading the attack is not good.

2 hours ago, Arlen Correa said:

As i said i rate him. i think he is much more skilful than people are saying. This season was not so good for him, they changed the manager and Neres started playing in the middle and out position until be benched. Last season he was their top scorer.

But i suspect he would lose the ball all the time in the Premier League. Also the prospect of two new wingers that never played in the league leading the attack is not good.

If he was that bad in possession, he would be complete liability in Juve and Real games. 

IMO he isnt best out there, but still very special player. 

He has technique and work rate that is crucial in PL. 

11 hours ago, Vincent said:

Neres comes no where near what Chelsea should be aiming for. He had some decent games in the Champions League, but doesn't have the best ball control, pass or shot, no physique whatsoever just good pace and alright skills. 

I hear he was very deadly finisher last season, good passer, tracks back. I liked him in CL this season.

Compared to Berhwijn, he is more skilled, works harder and more of a team player.

Bergwijn is very physical and more efficient though, might fit PL better.

Neres is patient, possesion based player. He draws players on himself to release space for team mates. Bergwijn on the other hand is counter football winger. Dribbles directly at players, with bursts of pace, skill and strength. 

I hope my assessment was correct?

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

If he was that bad in possession, he would be complete liability in Juve and Real games. 

IMO he isnt best out there, but still very special player. 

He has technique and work rate that is crucial in PL. 

I dont think he is bad in possession. He just tends to dribble through the middle and this will be tough in the EPL.

But i need to say that i dont agree with the comparison people are making with Zyech. Neres is 22. At age of 22 Zyech was playing for Twente. He is 26 now. I suspect that system making him look better. I would rather to test the luck with younger players. It doesn't need to be Neres but someone with that profile.