David Neres

the wes

Chelsea have reportedly joined the hunt to sign David Neres, who has already spoken out about reported interest from Borussia Dortmund this week.

The Ajax man could join the Blues in January, according to CalcioMercarto.

Fantastic player. 

Honestly, I recommend everyone to watch this Ajax team. De Ligt, de Jong, Ziyech, Tagliafico, Neres, van de Beek....the amount of talent is crazy. The club is going to make 300 million euros by selling all of them eventually.

Been pushing Neres a lot lately as my 2nd RW target after Bailey (Chiesa is an inverted LW). De Ligt is out of our price range already. Frenkie de Jong is going to be world class soon. Probably van de Beek too.

As a footie fan looking historically, it's a shame they can't hold on to their players and go back to glory days, but such is the modern financial game.

• 7 months later...

Think if we dont get a transfer ban and miss out on Pepe, although I reckon he will go Bayern like reported a while ago, Neres should definitely be considered although it probably would be better for him to be loaned back to Ajax for another season as the guy is a bit lightweight and can still make the wrong decisions at times as seen in the CL this season vs Juventus but he has impressed me with his willingness to run at players and has been involved with 16 goals in 20 starts and 8 sub apperances in the Erevidise. As well as 2 goals and 2 assists in the CL. Definitely be interest this summer from other clubs though due to Ajaxs CL run and maybe some of them, such as a Dortmund,.would be better suited. Even if he came here and didnt go back to Ajax I think his directness and dribbling ability would offer us something different to Pedro and Willian.

Hopefully we are still tracking him, I am sure we were before he went to Ajax.

I like him a lot. He tends to score/assist in pretty much all big game. And he scores important goals like the draw against Juventus in the first leg. I think he only started 9 games in his position in the RW this season but scored 5 and 2 assists. He is not fully developed yet but he is a Douglas Costa with end product and not injury prone.

• 4 weeks later...

Luka Jovic is a pure #9. Not sure what he would have to do with a pacy, skillful winger like Neres.

Anyways, this kid is a massive talent and definitely has the same swagger and effortless ability to dribble defenders that Hazard has. Definitely the sort of player we should be looking at to replace him.

Pulisic as right footed RW doesnt give me as much excitement. Neres is left footed and would be fantastic adition.

Odoi, Pulisic and Neres could be one hell of attack in couple years.

Edit: He is 22 already, I thought he is 20 or something. Still good potential and IMO worth of adding to our squad. Neither Pedro or Willian are good anymore and Hazard is leaving, so 3 wingers are a must.

I watched Ajax's CL-games. They did a great job but I think it was the run of their lives. De Jong and De Ligt are real deals, there is no doubt about that, but I think the rest of their players are not extraordinary, they just made a great team and had a good and lucky run. Van de Beek and Neres are promising players too but I don't expect them to be superstars.

Anyway, if we look at our squad Neres would be a nice addition but I would rather pick Richarlison.

As i said i rate him. i think he is much more skilful than people are saying. This season was not so good for him, they changed the manager and Neres started playing in the middle and out position until be benched. Last season he was their top scorer.

But i suspect he would lose the ball all the time in the Premier League. Also the prospect of two new wingers that never played in the league leading the attack is not good.

2 hours ago, Arlen Correa said:

As i said i rate him. i think he is much more skilful than people are saying. This season was not so good for him, they changed the manager and Neres started playing in the middle and out position until be benched. Last season he was their top scorer.

But i suspect he would lose the ball all the time in the Premier League. Also the prospect of two new wingers that never played in the league leading the attack is not good.

If he was that bad in possession, he would be complete liability in Juve and Real games. 

IMO he isnt best out there, but still very special player. 

He has technique and work rate that is crucial in PL. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You