test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed PAOK 0-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   8 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      0
    • Zappacosta
      0
    • Rudiger
      0
    • Christensen
      2
    • Alonso
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      0
    • Barkley
      2
    • Willian
      2
    • Pedro
      1
    • Morata
      1
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
      0
    • Fabregas (sub)
      0
    • Giroud (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

177 posts in this topic

I've got a mate who supports Villa he text me the other day saying that Tammy looked good. I honestly think he would have been a better option than Morata my patience has snapped with that prick he's not fit to wear the shirt and never will be.

Johnnyeye and 11Drogba like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Good girl

You 'ave got more of a better breeding wot I've got! But for this bit 'I want us to DOMINATE'  we are of the same Blue DNA

ab2ee9a5b50c2089cd781228244df5c8.gif 40781b055273db93f90ca2f0c6ee7429.gif

Love ya mate!! Time for a blue universe. Most important team in the the most important city on the planet.

Fuck the haters. I want the globe under our boot heel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Love ya mate!! Time for a blue universe. Most important team in the the most important city on the planet.

Fuck the haters. I want the globe under our boot heel.

i like your attitude!

Unionjack, Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kai Havertz is a BEAST. I would give up Kante (for a massive price) and take him in a flash. Kante is wasted in Sarriball. He is only 19 and a terror at AMF.

I invite all to watch Bayer's EL game tonight.

Now Bailey comes on. Those 2 are must buys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Kai Havertz is a BEAST. I would give up Kante (for a massive price) and take him in a flash. Kante is wasted in Sarriball. He is only 19 and a terror at AMF.

I invite all to watch Bayer's EL game tonight.

Now Bailey comes on. Those 2 are must buys.

No offence mate, I don't deny your passion, nor your intentions, but what about you enjoy the moment for once and stop complaining about X or Y and the lack of youth and so on. I've been enough on football forums to know that fans like you don't have a long life on those, seems like you want to live your Football Manager career in real life. 

I think Sarri knows better how to run his squad at the moment and who gives a fuck really who is playing and who is not in September when the season is just a couple of games in? There is plenty of time for Ampadu and Hudson Odoi, if you can see their potential be sure Sarri sees it too.

For now it is all about the momentum and keeping the wins rolling while getting used to his philosophy. It was important after 5 out of 5 to get the 6th one also and playing away in a hostile environment. Maybe a 2nd string formation would have done it too, but who knows, maybe not. He wanted to be sure we keep the confidence high winning another match, hence he put a strong team there away at the hardest ground in this group. 

I have no doubts the likes of Ampadu, Hudson Odoi, Loftus Cheek, Christensen are going to start the next EL matches, especially those at home, but for now it was all about confidence and getting another win to top the other ones and keep the momentum going. 

Strike and NiclasCFC like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

to put a name to vote, Christensen is my MOTM

Jorginho 2nd

I know you despise Luiz and Love Christensen, but I have to disagree here.  Rudiger was our best defender again.  I thought that Christensen did his job, but nothing more.  Which is fine, but not MOTM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

No offence mate, I don't deny your passion, nor your intentions, but what about you enjoy the moment for once and stop complaining about X or Y and the lack of youth and so on. I've been enough on football forums to know that fans like you don't have a long life on those, seems like you want to live your Football Manager career in real life. 

I think Sarri knows better how to run his squad at the moment and who gives a fuck really who is playing and who is not in September when the season is just a couple of games in? There is plenty of time for Ampadu and Hudson Odoi, if you can see their potential be sure Sarri sees it too.

For now it is all about the momentum and keeping the wins rolling while getting used to his philosophy. It was important after 5 out of 5 to get the 6th one also and playing away in a hostile environment. Maybe a 2nd string formation would have done it too, but who knows, maybe not. He wanted to be sure we keep the confidence high winning another match, hence he put a strong team there away at the hardest ground in this group. 

I have no doubts the likes of Ampadu, Hudson Odoi, Loftus Cheek, Christensen are going to start the next EL matches, especially those at home, but for now it was all about confidence and getting another win to top the other ones and keep the momentum going. 

Luiz is obviously  a tactical choice, same as RW, but these have long term spillage in terms of losing players. If AC feels as though he plays 2nd fiddle (or 3rd) for rhe next 3 years (we are talking about renewing Luiz for 2 more years after this season) he may want to bolt. CHO  is on with Hazard, contract-wise. They both will leave on a free in 2020 if they refuse to renew and we dont sell them in summer 2019 (or worse, panic sell im January 2020). Willian is not our future, and his valuation drops each window. I feel I am fully justified in my medium to long term event horizon concerns. Same with Morata. A 1 nil win over a shit Greek team has done little to alleviate this. It actually exposed the weaknesses more concretely. Time stands still for no one, especially in footie.

11Drogba and blues.bridge like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Just a shame Sarri isnt playing any youth. 

Odoi, Ampadu not even on bench. Rlc not playing either.

Very sad.

I think they will get their opportunities.  This was our toughest fixture of the group.  I think that Sarri is very concerned about getting the team philosophy down first.  Wholesale changes might result in looking like we did in preseason.  

Now, if we hit the end of the group stage and CHO, RLC, and Ampadu have barely played, I'll be a little disappointed then.

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Barkley was also near MOTM. Top performance from him

He would be my 3rd choice, and probably 1st if he had a 2nd half as good as his first. I rate Barkley really high (as I do with most of our players, except for my well-known issues with Luiz, Morata and Willian).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm worried  like Vesper.
A team should be aggiorned every year.
The ideal would be give new contract to hazard and CHO, purchase and under 25 strong and sell willian, pedro and morata before they value decrease!
Instead for now seem like the opposite:
we give a new contract to player like Luiz or Willian while Hazzy and CHO risks to go away, in the 2020 instead to have hazard and CHO ( that will be 20y/o)  we will have pedro, willian and others like luiz etc,  in short players with 33-34 or more years old witout  young that can take they place (CHO for example) becouse we when could have done they the opportunity to play we had prefered to play old players.

Also economically is a suicide!
Willian now you can sell him for £65B
Pedro something like £40B
Luiz £30B
total around £130B

Hazard value is  abot £220B and will go up  under sarri ( like £300B)
but without extention we probably loss him for less than £100B.

Now without make all passes and cases,  if we loss hazard and CHO and keep the others instead of monetizing before (willian, pedro, luiz etc) loses they value.
we could lost considering also price of substitude players that at that point we should do for force is easily something about: £300B only for a bad gestion! 

 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

i'm worried  like Vesper.
A team should be aggiorned every year.
The ideal would be give new contract to hazard and CHO, purchase and under 25 strong and sell willian, pedro and morata before they value decrease!
Instead for now seem like the opposite:
we give a new contract to player like Luiz or Willian while Hazzy and CHO risks to go away, in the 2020 instead to have hazard and CHO ( that will be 20y/o)  we will have pedro, willian and others like luiz etc,  in short players with 33-34 or more years old witout  young that can take they place (CHO for example) becouse we when could have done they the opportunity to play we had prefered to play old players.

Also economically is a suicide!
Willian now you can sell him for £65B
Pedro something like £40B
Luiz £30B
total around £130B

Hazard value is  abot £220B and will go up  under sarri ( like £300B)
but without extention we probably loss him for less than £100B.

Now without make all passes and cases,  if we loss hazard and CHO and keep the others instead of monetizing before (willian, pedro, luiz etc) loses they value.
we could lost considering also price of substitude players that at that point we should do for force is easily something about: £300B only for a bad gestion! 

 

Thank you!

blues.bridge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

A team should be aggiorned every year.

Pretentious moi ?. Don't think that a football forum is the best place for words like that son:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Just a shame Sarri isnt playing any youth. 

Odoi, Ampadu not even on bench. Rlc not playing either.

Very sad.

Yeah..my only gripe so far.

Moses on the bench instead of Odoi.

I think we can expect to see lineups like this until we have more or less secured the group stage.

So another 2-3 more matches like this.

Chelsea? and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing some comments on here dissing Rudiger. What did he do wrong exactly? He pushed the opposition player hand away at a free kick scenario. Nearly every player does that now and again. Then the player tried to make it look like he punched him and Rudiger scolds him (rightly so, we all should be able to agree on that this kind of faking has no place in the game). When Rudiger scolds him the player puts his hands on his throat!

Then he tries to shake the players hand after the game and he is being bitter about it still, even after everyone knows he faked it.

Rudiger is now getting a rep for being a "dirty player" because of the Pavard incident, which was an accident btw and even Pavard said it was not a problem. Players will try to use that to their advantage now if people keep on with this propaganda. Just you watch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Just a shame Sarri isnt playing any youth. 

Odoi, Ampadu not even on bench. Rlc not playing either.

Very sad.

this was my initial reaction too

But I'm willing to wait till Matchday 3-4 to really assess how the youth are played. I think when Chelsea have tougher league games in the weekend, Sarri will be resting more of the team

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.