Krzysztof Piatek

Unionjack

14 hours ago, Thor said:

I've learnt to be wary of these "amazing" strikers people go on about. 

Morata was one I didn't believe was anything special. Was told otherwise on here. Tried hard to support him when he got here. Blatantly obvious I was trying to wish him into a good player. 

Belotti was another one I wasn't impressed by when he was going off. Told he was fantastic and we should sign him up. Looks like a good thing we didn't. 

This guy seems more of the same. I know some will say otherwise, but what exactly does he do well? He went on an insane stretch, and seems to be cooling off. Is it more the cost and risk associated that makes most of you think it is worth it? For 40 mil? Sure. I wouldn't be expecting our striker problems to be solved though. He just doesn't look that special. 

To further throw a spanner in the works, I don't think Icardi is all that special either. 

Recall you wanted Lukaku badly lol. 

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

Well he is certainly 3 times the player Morata is.

So was I wrong for wanting the better option of the two available at the time?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

upward of 90m though for Lukaku though, he is better than Morata not sure by large chunk. Hate to imagine him playing this style of football. Like i said in another thread, looking back there was no right answer so i can't fault anyone. I wanted to keep Costa for that reason because i wasn't convinced by Morata or Lukaku. I wanted Belotti, but i was skeptical of him being one season wonder and Torino wanting 60-80m was too much.

I am also skeptical of Piatek for that reason, same with Jovic but he looks much more promising.

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

Well he is certainly 3 times the player Morata is.

So was I wrong for wanting the better option of the two available at the time?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fun fact, Lukaku has 9 goals in 26 matches this season, same as Morata in 24

When we get rid of Morata i will be glad we wil be shot of both

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Fuckin amazes me that a bunch of Pikeys has more foresight and common to go for this lad than we do.

Says a lot.

If West Ham and AC Milan are the only competition we have for him, then that's probably a sure sign he isn't what he's cracked up to be.

Just now, Tomo said:

If West Ham and AC Milan are the only competition we have for him, then that's probably a sure sign he isn't what he's cracked up to be.

I'm using them as examples of they can see his value.

Amd Piatek as the sort of striker we need to be targeting. As Icardi will be so tremendously difficuly (and seeme we wont even try) along with Jovic,Werner,Haller,

Lets just sit back and wait to see how he goes next season then try for him in 2 years when his price is sky high.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

tbf this is his breakout year, doesn't have the track record for big clubs to pursue him. He just moved to Serie A from Poland, so huge risk pursuing a player with only a couple of good months of football at a top tier league. 

You would have to be a bit desperate to make a move. 

Milan reach agreement to sign Krzysztof Piatek from Genoa for €35m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/20/milan-sign-krzysztof-piatek-gonea?CMP=share_btn_tw

still gotta LOL @ anyone saying that less than HALF what we paid for Morata is a gamble not worth taking

#fuckChelsboard

10 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Just buy Mitrovic and Higuan and spend big money on fullbacks and winger(s) one CM and one CB. Squad needs a makeover, not another rising striker that goes nowhere in the Prem.

I would actually love to see Mitro here. He is tough motherf*****

3 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

I would actually love to see Mitro here. He is tough motherf*****

I want to see what he can do with a side that can give him better service. He's not the best technical striker at all, but I think he can play the traditional CF role well enough for me and the club. I'm so tired of shitty, weak Spanish strikers (we've had 3 now) and I don't want another "promising young goalscorer" who cannot hack it in the Premier League.

Mitrovic good enough for now at CF with Higuain. Spend big money elsewhere in the formation.

On 20/1/2019 at 11:20 PM, Vesper said:

Milan reach agreement to sign Krzysztof Piatek from Genoa for €35m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/20/milan-sign-krzysztof-piatek-gonea?CMP=share_btn_tw

still gotta LOL @ anyone saying that less than HALF what we paid for Morata is a gamble not worth taking

#fuckChelsboard

morata played in real madrid, juventus (reaching the champions league's final with his goals) 

piatek scored some goals in a middle serie A squad in all his career 

39 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

morata played in real madrid, juventus (reaching the champions league's final with his goals) 

piatek scored some goals in a middle serie A squad in all his career 

Morata never scored at this rate and Piatek is less than half his price. We shall see how he does at AC Milan. If he turns into a consistent 20 plus goals a year striker, he will soon be close to 100 euros, no doubt.

Remember, Piatek was only my fifth choice, after

Icardi

Dybala

Werner

Jovic

I am not against the loan of Higs per se , BUT his loan fee (from all that I have read it is at the same rate Milan was paying), for one full year is at a rate of 18m euros! Thats 27m euros for an 18 month loan. Plus his salary is way more than double Piatek's.

So, lets say summer of 2020, we don't exercise buy option on Higs (I doubt we will)

We have paid more to LOAN Higuain for a year and half (when salary is tossed in) that what Piatek would have cost TO BUY OUTRIGHT and pay salary!

Nothing to show for it with Higs versus OWNING outright a great young striker who surely, even if not the true answer we could sell for what we paid for him.

We are literally tossing money down the shitter.

BAD BUSINESS

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

Morata never scored at this rate and Piatek is less than half his price. We shall see how he does at AC Milan. If he turns into a consistent 20 plus goals a year striker, he will soon be close to 100 euros, no doubt.

Remember, Piatek was only my fifth choice, after

Icardi

Dybala

Werner

Jovic

I am not against the loan of Higs per se , BUT his loan fee (from all that I have read it is at the same rate Milan was paying), for one full year is at a rate of 18m euros! Thats 27m euros for an 18 month loan. Plus his salary is way more than double Piatek's.

So, lets say summer of 2020, we don't exercise buy option on Higs (I doubt we will)

We have paid more to LOAN Higuain for a year and half (when salary is tossed in) that what Piatek would have cost TO BUY OUTRIGHT and pay salary!

Nothing to show for it with Higs versus OWNING outright a great young striker who surely, even if not the true answer we could sell for what we paid for him.

We are literally tossing money down the shitter.

BAD BUSINESS

I don't care about money, the only important thing for me is to give  to the coach, players that fit with his idea of football

higuain is one of them, and now let's see how sarriball works 

10 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

I don't care about money, the only important thing for me is to give  to the coach, players that fit with his idea of football

higuain is one of them, and now let's see how sarriball works 

The board has blown out many deals over far less money, so it is a valid critique.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You