test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Krzysztof Piatek

Started by Unionjack,

175 posts in this topic
17 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Reason we are after is Sarri...when we are suppose to invest in a young quality striker...see now seems Piatek is getting off the market

i'de prefer to invest in a strong striker 

Johnnyeye likes this

I've learnt to be wary of these "amazing" strikers people go on about. 

Morata was one I didn't believe was anything special. Was told otherwise on here. Tried hard to support him when he got here. Blatantly obvious I was trying to wish him into a good player. 

Belotti was another one I wasn't impressed by when he was going off. Told he was fantastic and we should sign him up. Looks like a good thing we didn't. 

This guy seems more of the same. I know some will say otherwise, but what exactly does he do well? He went on an insane stretch, and seems to be cooling off. Is it more the cost and risk associated that makes most of you think it is worth it? For 40 mil? Sure. I wouldn't be expecting our striker problems to be solved though. He just doesn't look that special. 

To further throw a spanner in the works, I don't think Icardi is all that special either. 

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

Morata was one I didn't believe was anything special. Was told otherwise on here. Tried hard to support him when he got here. Blatantly obvious I was trying to wish him into a good player. 

Belotti was another one I wasn't impressed by when he was going off. Told he was fantastic and we should sign him up. Looks like a good thing we didn't. 

This guy seems more of the same. I know some will say otherwise, but what exactly does he do well? He went on an insane stretch, and seems to be cooling off. Is it more the cost and risk associated that makes most of you think it is worth it? For 40 mil? Sure. I wouldn't be expecting our striker problems to be solved though. He just doesn't look that special. 

To further throw a spanner in the works, I don't think Icardi is all that special either. 

So who should we sign? Completely disagree on Icardi btw. He is the real deal.

Unionjack likes this

West Ham’s Piatek bid is bad news for Chelsea and AC Milan

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/west-ham-s-piatek-bid-is-bad-news-for-chelsea-and-ac-milan-78428

According to what has been reported by Sportitalia, it is not just AC Milan who are in negotiation with Genoa over Polish forward Krzysztof Piatek – but also Premier League outfit West Ham United.

West Ham, who successfully shopped in Italy over the summer to bring in Felipe Anderson from Lazio – who has been one of the Hammers’ best players this season, are now looking to Serie A again and, as per Sportitalia, have made a €35m offer for Piatek, which Genoa have reportedly rejected.

Genoa value Piatek at €40m but will probably be unlikely to want to sell during January unless for a very profitable offer. If West Ham do beat AC Milan to the signing of Piatek, not only will the Rossoneri suffer but also Chelsea – who are waiting on Milan to sign a replacement for Gonzalo Higuain before the Argentine’s loan contract is cancelled and he joins Chelsea, as has been reported.

snip

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

West Ham’s Piatek bid is bad news for Chelsea and AC Milan

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/west-ham-s-piatek-bid-is-bad-news-for-chelsea-and-ac-milan-78428

According to what has been reported by Sportitalia, it is not just AC Milan who are in negotiation with Genoa over Polish forward Krzysztof Piatek – but also Premier League outfit West Ham United.

West Ham, who successfully shopped in Italy over the summer to bring in Felipe Anderson from Lazio – who has been one of the Hammers’ best players this season, are now looking to Serie A again and, as per Sportitalia, have made a €35m offer for Piatek, which Genoa have reportedly rejected.

Genoa value Piatek at €40m but will probably be unlikely to want to sell during January unless for a very profitable offer. If West Ham do beat AC Milan to the signing of Piatek, not only will the Rossoneri suffer but also Chelsea – who are waiting on Milan to sign a replacement for Gonzalo Higuain before the Argentine’s loan contract is cancelled and he joins Chelsea, as has been reported.

snip

Fuckin amazes me that a bunch of Pikeys has more foresight and common to go for this lad than we do.

Says a lot.

Vesper likes this

14 hours ago, Thor said:

Recall you wanted Lukaku badly lol. 

Thor likes this

Well he is certainly 3 times the player Morata is.

So was I wrong for wanting the better option of the two available at the time?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Unionjack likes this

11 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I wanted him as well and I think he would have worked with us at the time.

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

upward of 90m though for Lukaku though, he is better than Morata not sure by large chunk. Hate to imagine him playing this style of football. Like i said in another thread, looking back there was no right answer so i can't fault anyone. I wanted to keep Costa for that reason because i wasn't convinced by Morata or Lukaku. I wanted Belotti, but i was skeptical of him being one season wonder and Torino wanting 60-80m was too much.

I am also skeptical of Piatek for that reason, same with Jovic but he looks much more promising.

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

Fun fact, Lukaku has 9 goals in 26 matches this season, same as Morata in 24

When we get rid of Morata i will be glad we wil be shot of both

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Fuckin amazes me that a bunch of Pikeys has more foresight and common to go for this lad than we do.

Says a lot.

If West Ham and AC Milan are the only competition we have for him, then that's probably a sure sign he isn't what he's cracked up to be.

BluesMadLad likes this

Just now, Tomo said:

If West Ham and AC Milan are the only competition we have for him, then that's probably a sure sign he isn't what he's cracked up to be.

I'm using them as examples of they can see his value.

Amd Piatek as the sort of striker we need to be targeting. As Icardi will be so tremendously difficuly (and seeme we wont even try) along with Jovic,Werner,Haller,

Lets just sit back and wait to see how he goes next season then try for him in 2 years when his price is sky high.

11Drogba likes this

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

tbf this is his breakout year, doesn't have the track record for big clubs to pursue him. He just moved to Serie A from Poland, so huge risk pursuing a player with only a couple of good months of football at a top tier league. 

You would have to be a bit desperate to make a move. 

Milan reach agreement to sign Krzysztof Piatek from Genoa for €35m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/20/milan-sign-krzysztof-piatek-gonea?CMP=share_btn_tw

still gotta LOL @ anyone saying that less than HALF what we paid for Morata is a gamble not worth taking

#fuckChelsboard

Unionjack and 11Drogba like this

Just buy Mitrovic and Higuan and spend big money on fullbacks and winger(s) one CM and one CB. Squad needs a makeover, not another rising striker that goes nowhere in the Prem.

jernej93 likes this

10 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Just buy Mitrovic and Higuan and spend big money on fullbacks and winger(s) one CM and one CB. Squad needs a makeover, not another rising striker that goes nowhere in the Prem.

I would actually love to see Mitro here. He is tough motherf*****

quickpassnmove likes this

3 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

I would actually love to see Mitro here. He is tough motherf*****

I want to see what he can do with a side that can give him better service. He's not the best technical striker at all, but I think he can play the traditional CF role well enough for me and the club. I'm so tired of shitty, weak Spanish strikers (we've had 3 now) and I don't want another "promising young goalscorer" who cannot hack it in the Premier League.

Mitrovic good enough for now at CF with Higuain. Spend big money elsewhere in the formation.