Krzysztof Piatek

Unionjack

3 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Lol...

Even at that m sure RB Leipzig will surely reject that offer...

Yes, they are a buy low sell high club

I would LOVE to prise away CB Dayot Upamecano from them, but I think they slapped a  90 to 100m euro price on him (I think they would  take £70-5m perhaps, but even that is more than we will drop on a CB, I bet Marina would even turn down de Ligt for £70m, lolol)

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Yes, they are a buy low sell high club

I would LOVE to prise away CB Dayot Upamecano from them, but I think they slapped a  90 to 100m euro price on him (I think they would  take £70-5m perhaps, but even that is more than we will drop on a CB, I bet Marina would even turn down de Ligt for £70m, lolol)

Lol...

Maybe Marina has been tasting what Sarri is smoking...

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

40m euros is literally HALF of what Bournemouth want for Callum Wilson.

Cannot believe we are not all over this. 

40m € is indeed a gift. The board is obviously too stupid to realize that opp. In summer Real and Juve will be all over him

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Please SOMEBODY convince me there is a downside to buying him as I need to tell it to myself when he sods off to a competitor

The risk of him being a one season wonder?

40m euros for a player that cost only 4m six months ago represents a huge risk in my opinion. I'm certainly not saying he can't keep scoring goals and wouldn't keep scoring goals at a bigger club or in a different league but so far this is all being based on half a season, of which he had a huge goal scoring spurt at the start of the season. I believe he has only scored 4 goals in the last 12 league games - is this back to what would be considered his standard level of a goal every 3 games? I'm not sure.

I'm not knocking his potential and he could develop into one of the best strikers in Europe, but I would far rather see a longer period of performance before a decision was made on him. Unfortunately the way the transfer market is now is ridiculous and teams will be happy to risk that amount of money on a player based on such a short period of form (Bakayoko springs to mind).

8 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Because Sarri would rather want a fast declining fat 31 yes old past it striker...why Sarri wants Higuain that bad is beyond my comprehension....

because he scored 36 goals in 35 matches in his system (that could be reproduced with hazard and pedro)

27 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

because he scored 36 goals in 35 matches in his system (that could be reproduced with hazard and pedro)

Reason we are after is Sarri...when we are suppose to invest in a young quality striker...see now seems Piatek is getting off the market

I've learnt to be wary of these "amazing" strikers people go on about. 

Morata was one I didn't believe was anything special. Was told otherwise on here. Tried hard to support him when he got here. Blatantly obvious I was trying to wish him into a good player. 

Belotti was another one I wasn't impressed by when he was going off. Told he was fantastic and we should sign him up. Looks like a good thing we didn't. 

This guy seems more of the same. I know some will say otherwise, but what exactly does he do well? He went on an insane stretch, and seems to be cooling off. Is it more the cost and risk associated that makes most of you think it is worth it? For 40 mil? Sure. I wouldn't be expecting our striker problems to be solved though. He just doesn't look that special. 

To further throw a spanner in the works, I don't think Icardi is all that special either. 

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

I've learnt to be wary of these "amazing" strikers people go on about. 

Morata was one I didn't believe was anything special. Was told otherwise on here. Tried hard to support him when he got here. Blatantly obvious I was trying to wish him into a good player. 

Belotti was another one I wasn't impressed by when he was going off. Told he was fantastic and we should sign him up. Looks like a good thing we didn't. 

This guy seems more of the same. I know some will say otherwise, but what exactly does he do well? He went on an insane stretch, and seems to be cooling off. Is it more the cost and risk associated that makes most of you think it is worth it? For 40 mil? Sure. I wouldn't be expecting our striker problems to be solved though. He just doesn't look that special. 

To further throw a spanner in the works, I don't think Icardi is all that special either. 

So who should we sign? Completely disagree on Icardi btw. He is the real deal.

West Ham’s Piatek bid is bad news for Chelsea and AC Milan

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/west-ham-s-piatek-bid-is-bad-news-for-chelsea-and-ac-milan-78428

According to what has been reported by Sportitalia, it is not just AC Milan who are in negotiation with Genoa over Polish forward Krzysztof Piatek – but also Premier League outfit West Ham United.

West Ham, who successfully shopped in Italy over the summer to bring in Felipe Anderson from Lazio – who has been one of the Hammers’ best players this season, are now looking to Serie A again and, as per Sportitalia, have made a €35m offer for Piatek, which Genoa have reportedly rejected.

Genoa value Piatek at €40m but will probably be unlikely to want to sell during January unless for a very profitable offer. If West Ham do beat AC Milan to the signing of Piatek, not only will the Rossoneri suffer but also Chelsea – who are waiting on Milan to sign a replacement for Gonzalo Higuain before the Argentine’s loan contract is cancelled and he joins Chelsea, as has been reported.

snip

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

West Ham’s Piatek bid is bad news for Chelsea and AC Milan

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/west-ham-s-piatek-bid-is-bad-news-for-chelsea-and-ac-milan-78428

According to what has been reported by Sportitalia, it is not just AC Milan who are in negotiation with Genoa over Polish forward Krzysztof Piatek – but also Premier League outfit West Ham United.

West Ham, who successfully shopped in Italy over the summer to bring in Felipe Anderson from Lazio – who has been one of the Hammers’ best players this season, are now looking to Serie A again and, as per Sportitalia, have made a €35m offer for Piatek, which Genoa have reportedly rejected.

Genoa value Piatek at €40m but will probably be unlikely to want to sell during January unless for a very profitable offer. If West Ham do beat AC Milan to the signing of Piatek, not only will the Rossoneri suffer but also Chelsea – who are waiting on Milan to sign a replacement for Gonzalo Higuain before the Argentine’s loan contract is cancelled and he joins Chelsea, as has been reported.

snip

Fuckin amazes me that a bunch of Pikeys has more foresight and common to go for this lad than we do.

Says a lot.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You