test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unionjack

Krzysztof Piatek

Started by Unionjack,

68 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Timo Werner would be a good option for striker he's Direct, pacy, purposeful and with a nose for goal

He also will cost probably £80m to £100m, and if he has a monster year, Bayern will grab him. (I could see them buying BOTH Piatek and Werner, and selling Lewandowski to partially pay.)

the wes likes this

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He also will cost probably £80m to £100m, and if he has a monster year, Bayern will grab him. (I could see them buying BOTH Piatek and Werner, and selling Lewandowski to partially pay.)

I would even take a 30 year old Lewandowski 

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

I would even take a 30 year old Lewandowski 

He will be 31 next summer, zero shot the board drops the £80m plus Bayern will still demand. I figure he goes to PSG as he is around 2 years younger than Cavani.

I was only listing the Bundesliga remotely possible (and ones with potential) candidates.

Everyone here knows I really only want Dybala or Icardi (game winner again tonight in 92nd minute of Milan derby).

Piątek, IF he keeps up wonder-form would be third choice, but still a huge gamble, and IF he scores 30 plus goals, his price in summer will be insane.

Jovic would be a great buy now, as he does have the pitential and he wouldn't cost crazy money at all. At some point a team (if we refuse to drop truly WC striker money) has to roll the dice on buying very young players would do exhibit WC potential. 

Only other option is to buy ageing stopgap players.

Well, 3rd option is to roll with Morata and Giroud and very likely get pipped out of the top 4 and certainly not win the EL.

Bye bye Hazard for sure then.

I've been calling for Icardi for sometime, as he the only WC finisher that isn't at a club at the top level. However, the baggage he brings might not be ideal aka - Barbara.
Timo Werner would be a good option for striker he's Direct, pacy, purposeful and with a nose for goal

Not sure he would be able to deal with the physical aspect of leading the line. Leipzig would be after a lump-sum too.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I've been calling for Icardi for sometime, as he the only WC finisher that isn't at a club at the top level.

Kane at Spuds.

I rate Inter as a better team than the spurs cunts.

Also, Ciro Immobile at Lazio.

Kane at Spuds.

Immobile's failure to cut it at Dortmund damages his reputation and Kane is off to Madrid at some point.

Just now, LAM09 said:
1 minute ago, Vesper said:
Kane at Spuds.

Immobile couldn't cut it at Dortmund and Kane is off to Madrid at some point.

I agree that Kane will end up at either RM or Barca, but I REALLY think Immobile would tear it up in Sarriball. He just will never come here, and is already too old to sign on a 5 year deal if we did buy him next summer. He turns 29 in a few months, so no thanks, not into buying players we only get half a season under 30yo out of.

What about

Antoine Griezmann?

NEVER hear him mentioned at all. He certainly could play the Merten role (better than Mertens, lol).

He would be as pricey as Dybala (or close) though. More than Icardi probably. He also turns 28 in March, so if bought in summer, you only get a little over a year and a half of sub 30yo play out of him.

I agree that Kane will end up at either RM or Barca, but I REALLY think Immobile would tear it up in Sarriball. He just will never come here, and is already too old to sign on a 5 year deal if we did buy him next summer. He turns 29 in a few months, so no thanks, not into buying players we only get half a season under 30yo out of.
What about
Antoine Griezmann?
NEVER hear him mentioned at all. He certainly could play the Merten role (better than Mertens, lol).
He would be as pricey as Dybala (or close) though. More than Icardi probably. He also turns 28 in March, so if bought in summer, you only get a little over a year and a half of sub 30yo play out of him.

I think the ship has sailed on Griezmann for a number of reasons. There's also talk of Costa playing hardball, so I could see him moving to staying put or Real/Utd throwing stupid money in his direction.

It's shame we are having to discuss a position that hadn't been an issue for years (Conte can be thanked for that).
Vesper likes this