test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Krzysztof Piatek

Started by Unionjack,

199 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Timo Werner would be a good option for striker he's Direct, pacy, purposeful and with a nose for goal

He also will cost probably £80m to £100m, and if he has a monster year, Bayern will grab him. (I could see them buying BOTH Piatek and Werner, and selling Lewandowski to partially pay.)

the wes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He also will cost probably £80m to £100m, and if he has a monster year, Bayern will grab him. (I could see them buying BOTH Piatek and Werner, and selling Lewandowski to partially pay.)

I would even take a 30 year old Lewandowski 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the wes said:

I would even take a 30 year old Lewandowski 

He will be 31 next summer, zero shot the board drops the £80m plus Bayern will still demand. I figure he goes to PSG as he is around 2 years younger than Cavani.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was only listing the Bundesliga remotely possible (and ones with potential) candidates.

Everyone here knows I really only want Dybala or Icardi (game winner again tonight in 92nd minute of Milan derby).

Piątek, IF he keeps up wonder-form would be third choice, but still a huge gamble, and IF he scores 30 plus goals, his price in summer will be insane.

Jovic would be a great buy now, as he does have the pitential and he wouldn't cost crazy money at all. At some point a team (if we refuse to drop truly WC striker money) has to roll the dice on buying very young players would do exhibit WC potential. 

Only other option is to buy ageing stopgap players.

Well, 3rd option is to roll with Morata and Giroud and very likely get pipped out of the top 4 and certainly not win the EL.

Bye bye Hazard for sure then.

I've been calling for Icardi for sometime, as he the only WC finisher that isn't at a club at the top level. However, the baggage he brings might not be ideal aka - Barbara.
Timo Werner would be a good option for striker he's Direct, pacy, purposeful and with a nose for goal

Not sure he would be able to deal with the physical aspect of leading the line. Leipzig would be after a lump-sum too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I've been calling for Icardi for sometime, as he the only WC finisher that isn't at a club at the top level.

Kane at Spuds.

I rate Inter as a better team than the spurs cunts.

Also, Ciro Immobile at Lazio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kane at Spuds.

I rate Inter as a better team than the spurs cunts.

Also, Ciro Immobile at Lazio.

Immobile's failure to cut it at Dortmund damages his reputation and Kane is off to Madrid at some point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LAM09 said:
1 minute ago, Vesper said:
Kane at Spuds.
I rate Inter as a better team than the spurs cunts.
Also, Ciro Immobile at Lazio.

Immobile couldn't cut it at Dortmund and Kane is off to Madrid at some point.

I agree that Kane will end up at either RM or Barca, but I REALLY think Immobile would tear it up in Sarriball. He just will never come here, and is already too old to sign on a 5 year deal if we did buy him next summer. He turns 29 in a few months, so no thanks, not into buying players we only get half a season under 30yo out of.

What about

Antoine Griezmann?

NEVER hear him mentioned at all. He certainly could play the Merten role (better than Mertens, lol).

He would be as pricey as Dybala (or close) though. More than Icardi probably. He also turns 28 in March, so if bought in summer, you only get a little over a year and a half of sub 30yo play out of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I agree that Kane will end up at either RM or Barca, but I REALLY think Immobile would tear it up in Sarriball. He just will never come here, and is already too old to sign on a 5 year deal if we did buy him next summer. He turns 29 in a few months, so no thanks, not into buying players we only get half a season under 30yo out of.
What about
Antoine Griezmann?
NEVER hear him mentioned at all. He certainly could play the Merten role (better than Mertens, lol).
He would be as pricey as Dybala (or close) though. More than Icardi probably. He also turns 28 in March, so if bought in summer, you only get a little over a year and a half of sub 30yo play out of him.


I think the ship has sailed on Griezmann for a number of reasons. There's also talk of Costa playing hardball, so I could see him moving to staying put or Real/Utd throwing stupid money in his direction.

It's shame we are having to discuss a position that hadn't been an issue for years (Conte can be thanked for that).
Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2018 at 3:54 AM, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm skeptical.  i wanted Belotti, and it turns out he was super overpriced after being red-hot.

I am still down with Martial as our number nine TBH

Sarriball would turn him into a goal machine, he has unreal pace at CF and can be a deadly efficient shooter (as he has demonstrated on numerous occasions)

Plus he deffo can get physical, if need be and is a decent passer.

Let's hope Mou doesn't get the sacking and he puts in his walking papers:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm.  Something there we should know about?   Most of our best deals come with little fanfare in advance.  :ph34r:

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2018 at 10:33 PM, the wes said:

I would even take a 30 year old Lewandowski 

I said that when we were looking at Giroud/Crouch/Carroll and got shot down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 11:58 PM, Vesper said:

I am still down with Martial as our number nine TBH

Sarriball would turn him into a goal machine, he has unreal pace at CF and can be a deadly efficient shooter (as he has demonstrated on numerous occasions)

Plus he deffo can get physical, if need be and is a decent passer.

Let's hope Mou doesn't get the sacking and he puts in his walking papers:D

Cant see those Manc gits selling him now,

With Rashford made the number 1 striker hes being used back on the LW And new nickname 'el Mago'

We missed our chance.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Cant see those Manc gits selling him now,

With Rashford made the number 1 striker hes being used back on the LW And new nickname 'el Mago'

We missed our cjance.

Oh yes. Once Mou got binned, it was over. FFS

Now even Donkeykaku is playing well.

More doom:(

 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuckin amazing innit eh!!

Theres us going after Higuain and his clubs going after Piatek to replace him!!!

FFS whatsup with us just buying Piatek????

Grrrrr Grrrrr!!!!  025f80b67e13c3e04beab593f121962f.gif

Chelsea target Gonzalo Higuain wants to leave Milan, says Gennaro Gattuso

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11863/11606164/chelsea-target-gonzalo-higuain-wants-to-leave-milan-says-gennaro-gattuso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Fuckin amazing innit eh!!

Theres us going after Higuain and his clubs going after Piatek to replace him!!!

FFS whatsup with us just buying Piatek????

Grrrrr Grrrrr!!!!  025f80b67e13c3e04beab593f121962f.gif

Chelsea target Gonzalo Higuain wants to leave Milan, says Gennaro Gattuso

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11863/11606164/chelsea-target-gonzalo-higuain-wants-to-leave-milan-says-gennaro-gattuso

It's a huge risk to buy a player like this who has had a really good 6 months which could equate to nothing more than a bit of form.

A couple of seasons ago, Belotti was the same. I can remember Papiss Cisse for Newcastle having that ridiculous 6 months at Newcastle where everything he hit went in.

We've been burnt a few times in the past buying a player on the back of one good season. Bakayoko in recent times is a good example.

But then I guess there are also the likes of players like Kante who we brought after only one season at Leicester and kicked on another level.

I just think how important it is to get a good striker who will score goals at present, we maybe need something at least short term more proven. If we had a good striker already at the club and were looking to take a punt on him coming in as another option then the risk would be far less.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

It's a huge risk to buy a player like this who has had a really good 6 months which could equate to nothing more than a bit of form.

A couple of seasons ago, Belotti was the same. I can remember Papiss Cisse for Newcastle having that ridiculous 6 months at Newcastle where everything he hit went in.

We've been burnt a few times in the past buying a player on the back of one good season. Bakayoko in recent times is a good example.

But then I guess there are also the likes of players like Kante who we brought after only one season at Leicester and kicked on another level.

I just think how important it is to get a good striker who will score goals at present, we maybe need something at least short term more proven. If we had a good striker already at the club and were looking to take a punt on him coming in as another option then the risk would be far less.

Also a huge risk paying $40 mill for a 3 year old for 1 season. Or even getting him on loan considering the goals he scres.

I was all over the Higs idea to start with but the more I looked at it the less sense it made. Specially with the good young strikers there are.

IF we had a GOOD striker and only wanted a back up loan Id say go for it.

Unfortunately its our most important need.

Superblue_1986 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now