Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

• 2 weeks later...
On 27-4-2020 at 1:06 PM, King Kante said:

The primary reason we cannot defend is because Kepa is either to scared to come off his line or is not good enough. A lot of Chelsea fans under rate TC because he wasn't a flashy shot stopper. However, he was great in the air which meant he cut off the danger before it happened. It is also not a coincidence to me that as soon as Kepa arrived we became the keystone cops at defending set pieces. It is because he does not control his area. 

Honestly, if you think that the second Arsenal goal was not saveable then I am not sure what you expectations of a GK are. That goal was a prime example of how Kepa also does not move his feet well enough and has a problem with his size/short arms. I agree that Emerson could've done better but he really shouldn't be beaten there. 

As I said before, can anyone actually say something Kepa does well? The only thing I can think of is that he can get up pretty quick after saving initial shots, other than that he is bang average/poor on: 

1) Commanding his area/coming for crosses. He is literally always stuck to his line at set pieces. 

2) Shot stopping - too many goals go right through him and his save percentages figures do not lie. 

3) Use of his feet - gets caught rooted to his spot too often. Also on long range shots he does not anticipate shots well enough.

To be honest, I am not going to argue too much about him as all his flaws are very clear and are fundermental aspects to GK'ing. If people do not see it yet, they will see it soon enough. 

TC is a douche. But in terms of reigning his goalkeeper area, he is one of the best goalkeepers ever. Crosses and indirect set pieces are useless against TC. He clears them all out before the danger can happen.

But he was not a flashy line jumper like DDG and Kepa indeed.

On 10/06/2020 at 8:41 AM, SUNZ said:

Dubravka for me is possibly the most underrated GK in Europe. That boy has pretty much single handedly kept Newcastle in the league for the past two seasons. However, because he isn't flashy with his feet or does spectacular Hollywood saves he gets forgotten about. When TC went on strike he was the GK I wanted. 

14 hours ago, King Kante said:

Dubravka for me is possibly the most underrated GK in Europe. That boy has pretty much single handedly kept Newcastle in the league for the past two seasons. However, because he isn't flashy with his feet or does spectacular Hollywood saves he gets forgotten about. When TC went on strike he was the GK I wanted. 

and I have been saying Guaita for backup (Uğurcan Çakır or Predrag Rajković as number 1) but Dúbravka is also high on my list

we would be so better off for the next 2 or 3 years with a combo of 2 of  those 4 those as our keepers (and a SHEDLOAD less cash too for them)

Kepa is becoming my number one fear

we can play really well and he can still fuck it up

he makes ridiculous errors

Vicente Guaita offers to give goalkeeper gloves to girl who was ...Martin Dubravka - Premier League's most underrated goalkeeperLiverpool submit bid to sign Turkish international Ugurcan Cakir ...Arsenal send scouts to watch Maccabi Tel Aviv goalkeeper Predrag ...

On 16.6.2020 at 2:19 AM, Vesper said:

and I have been saying Guaita for backup (Uğurcan Çakır or Predrag Rajković as number 1) but Dúbravka is also high on my list

we would be so better off for the next 2 or 3 years with a combo of 2 of  those 4 those as our keepers (and a SHEDLOAD less cash too for them)

Kepa is becoming my number one fear

we can play really well and he can still fuck it up

he makes ridiculous errors

Vicente Guaita offers to give goalkeeper gloves to girl who was ...Martin Dubravka - Premier League's most underrated goalkeeperLiverpool submit bid to sign Turkish international Ugurcan Cakir ...Arsenal send scouts to watch Maccabi Tel Aviv goalkeeper Predrag ...

Dubravka is a Great Shot stopper and I have been a fan for ages but he is terrible with his feet. just look at those saves tho. Some are absolutely ridiculous. Saving from point blank range. Probably the best reflexes in the league. Imagine Kepa with Such a shit Defence in front of him

Guaita would be an awesome back up.

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Dubravka is a Great Shot stopper and I have been a fan for ages but he is terrible with his feet. just look at those saves tho. Some are absolutely ridiculous. Saving from point blank range. Probably the best reflexes in the league. Imagine Kepa with Such a shit Defence in front of him

Guaita would be an awesome back up.

omg

that Dubravka video makes me want to slit my wrists after watching Kepa

with the NUFC defence Kepa would let in 70+ goals

:(

On 15/06/2020 at 1:48 AM, Vesper said:

Kepa replacement

2.06m tall

slightly stronger wrists too

he could probably toss the whole goal into the upper deck, lolol

He not that good at weightlifting, i was waiting for him to lift it over his head, just lifting it off the floor is a bit wimpish, i don't think he'll command the box:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, SUNZ said:

We could genuinely have any average goalkeeper replace Kepa and it would be an upgrade.

He's so bad his replacement doesn't even need to be world-class but rather just competent.

I still cannot believe we gave him a SEVEN year contract at £150K PW base plus bonuses

it works out to around £140m over 7 years when transfer fees, wages, bonuses, add-ons, etc are factored in

what the fuckery

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I still cannot believe we gave him a SEVEN year contract at £150K PW base plus bonuses

it works out to around £140m over 7 years when transfer fees, wages, bonuses, add-ons, etc are factored in

what the fuckery

It is one of the worst transfers in the history of football. I can't think of many worse especially when you factor in fee, wages and length of contract.

He not that good at weightlifting, i was waiting for him to lift it over his head, just lifting it off the floor is a bit wimpish, i don't think he'll command the box[emoji185]
Wimpish [emoji23]

Deadlift is THE test of strength

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On 6/18/2020 at 10:24 AM, SUNZ said:

It is one of the worst transfers in the history of football. I can't think of many worse especially when you factor in fee, wages and length of contract.

Ridiculous statement. I have faith in him. Reminds me of DDG when he started. He will improve. He had a good first season. Not an immediate priority for me. However certainly not as drastic as you make out.