Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

Just now, LAM09 said:

Hard to see a way back now. If Willy starts on Tuesday, Kepa is gone in the summer.

I'm sure Caballero will start on Tuesday.

As for Kepa, I know the circumstances are different, but it's kinda funny how people like to jump the gun and say 'Player X is gone because of X, Y, Z' so quickly, because people did the same with CHO last summer and look what happened. We would probably look for a new keeper in the summer but I'd very surprised if Lampard doesn't put Kepa back in at some point to redeem himself. 

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Dont know who I'd rather start Tues..neither are the most amazing amazing amazing. Both do weird things! Just I dont think it's fair to keep Kepa on the bench forever so if not Tuesday Satuday? Then who knows after that.

Maybe Liverpool in the FA Cup...

I'm sure Caballero will start on Tuesday.
As for Kepa, I know the circumstances are different, but it's kinda funny how people like to jump the gun and say 'Player X is gone because of X, Y, Z' so quickly, because people did the same with CHO last summer and look what happened. We would probably look for a new keeper in the summer but I'd very surprised if Lampard doesn't put Kepa back in at some point to redeem himself. 
It's rather straight forward when only two players are vying for one position and one of those players is almost 40.

Club & manager wanted CHO to stay. I doubt either are fussed about Kepa right now.

Just now, LAM09 said:

It's rather straight forward when only two players are vying for one position and one of those players is almost 40.

Club & manager wanted CHO to stay. I doubt either are fussed about Kepa right now.

Tell that to the people who freaked out because the contract situation took ages to be sorted out...

Tell that to the people who freaked out because the contract situation took ages to be sorted out...
I still believe his injury worked in our favour. If he was fit, Bayern would have gone all in after Sane got sidelined.

Don't believe it was that cut & dry.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe Liverpool in the FA Cup...

Which so far has been Caberello wonder if that will stay the same regardless. 

But if Kepa starts Tuesday that mean he is back in favour? Unless it goes wrong wrong. Expect him to start but who knows. Didnt expect not to today tbh. 

I support decision to drop Kepa for a couple of games so he can wake up but since Caballero conceded 8 goals in 4 games and it's clearly not an upgrade there is no point to continue with this. 

We are just lowering Kepa's price in case we want to sell. 

And rumour I read yesterday that we offered 30m plus Kepa for Oblak is bullshit. 

Chelsea are reportedly preparing an offer for a player-plus-cash swap deal for Atletico Madrid’s star goalkeeper Jan Oblak.

The Blues' proposed offer includes a swap for out-of-favour goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga plus £25million – claims El Chiringuito TV – as the West London outfit attempts to lure the Slovenian international away from the Metropolitano Stadium.

Atletico’s Oblak, 27, is among Europe’s finest goalkeepers winning LaLiga Best Goalkeeper award four years running between 2016 and 2019.

Kepa, 25, who has struggled this season under new boss Frank Lampard, has been left out of the starting XI in the last four matches with Lampard opting for the services of veteran goalkeeper Willy Caballero.

The Spaniard has managed six clean sheets this season while Oblak has notched up 16 in all competitions.

source 'Currant Bun' 

11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chelsea are reportedly preparing an offer for a player-plus-cash swap deal for Atletico Madrid’s star goalkeeper Jan Oblak.

The Blues' proposed offer includes a swap for out-of-favour goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga plus £25million – claims El Chiringuito TV – as the West London outfit attempts to lure the Slovenian international away from the Metropolitano Stadium.

Atletico’s Oblak, 27, is among Europe’s finest goalkeepers winning LaLiga Best Goalkeeper award four years running between 2016 and 2019.

Kepa, 25, who has struggled this season under new boss Frank Lampard, has been left out of the starting XI in the last four matches with Lampard opting for the services of veteran goalkeeper Willy Caballero.

The Spaniard has managed six clean sheets this season while Oblak has notched up 16 in all competitions.

source 'Currant Bun' 

Atletico have been kind in taking away our deadwood strikers in the past but I don't think they're idiots enough to take 25 million + Kepa for Oblak. 

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Doubt Oblak will come here. That cheap as well no chance.

Nick Pope would be a laughable signing for first choice too. Back up decent enough but first choice cmon

If we bought Oblak and sold Kepa, that would mean we will have spent at least £250m NET for 7 years of GK play (trans fees plus salaries minus Kepa  sell price)

Quarter of a billion quid on fucking the lowest cost position and that doesnt include backups.

It is so not happening.

6 hours ago, gdlk said:

Lampard wants to turn us into a team full with English overrated woods(called football players). 

The only one i see with potential to be world star is Sancho, rest is trash. 

lol

ludicrous to call (not saying we will even try to sign these, other than Chilwell, thsi summer)

Declan Rice   <<< perfect signing, as he plays DMF and CB (his future position with us I see this)    he has had great games over and over against top teams
Ben Chilwell   <<< I just do not think he is worth £80m, £40-50m fine
Jack Grealish  <<< I SO want him, complete package, so creative, driven, great leader, if we fail on Sancho, Ziyech will play far more at Rw than AMF, mount is shit atm, RLC is a massive question mark
Dominic Calvert-Lewin << deffo think he is a great option as Werner is dipperpool bound and Lyon want an insane 100m euros for Dembele, his price is the main issue, like Chilwell
James Maddison  <<< I prefer Grealish
Dean Henderson << so doubt Manure will sell him, especially to us

trash

even Lewis Dunk would be an upgrade at CB, although his age (29 this coming November) makes him a pass for me at the cash level Brighton will demand

I would add in the 16yo wunderkind CMF Jude Bellingham as well

I know I am the minority here but I still think Kepa is good enough, get rid of his Goal Keeping coach or Lamps and I think he will bounce back, Lampard's team has left him exposed such that his confidence has sky rocked down. He has good reflexes, the claiming of balls can be improved look at DDG he had the same problem earlier in his career too. His a good sweeper keeper too which plays well in the modern game. Upgrade on our defence and tactics them we likely wont have to spend unnecessary money on a goal keeper when we have more pressing holes in the team. 

30 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I know I am the minority here but I still think Kepa is good enough, get rid of his Goal Keeping coach or Lamps and I think he will bounce back, Lampard's team has left him exposed such that his confidence has sky rocked down. He has good reflexes, the claiming of balls can be improved look at DDG he had the same problem earlier in his career too. His a good sweeper keeper too which plays well in the modern game. Upgrade on our defence and tactics them we likely wont have to spend unnecessary money on a goal keeper when we have more pressing holes in the team. 

You ain't the only one mate....That's my major concern with Lampard....his team has badly exposed though not exonerating his stupid error but just like you have said...either get in a new goal keeping coach or whatever as we deep pressing needs in other areas of the pitch