test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Started by Jason,

1,725 posts in this topic

So all of you are acting like there is absolutely no chance that Kepa turns out good in the future?
The same people who praised him to heaven just 18 months ago (after watching him every week for 6 months) are now calling him worst GK in the world and worst Chelsea buy in history?
No one said we need new GK after his 1st season here, yes he was shit last season but it is due to confidence and mentality. Now people are upset if he stays as backup?
Same for others... Again for RLC... He is judged for last couple of games after horrific injury... Like there is no chance we see again Ruben we saw under Sarri?

I wasn't praising kepa in the past and I haven't said anything negative about RLC.

I'm generally always one of the most optimistic people on here about most things... But when it comes to kepa it is different.

No issues if he stays here to fight for his place as I said previously the club probably need some better performances from him or maybe just some time to distance himself from the performances last year to be able to sell him.

There is a chance he turns good but in my opinion its small especially with a goalkeeper.

He isn't gonna get any taller and that's been an issue of mine with him since he joined. He looks small in the goal. And we aren't talking about a bad season we are talking about the worst save percentage in the history of the Premier league. Now sample size and all that can change things but even if you allow for some abnormalities that is woeful and I struggle to see how he is gonna turn good. He won't be any worse than last season thats for sure.

But we conceded very few shots but conceded shit tons of goals and a lot of that has to go down to kepa
Laylabelle likes this

The mistakes were so basic and yet kept making them over and over and over and over..i don't see how that will change.

He doesn't look confident..doesnt fill you with confidence..last season was a mess. We shouldn't have conceded that many goals..esp from set pieces but we did..just nope.

bigbluewillie likes this

The Ziyech free kick just typified Kepa's season, I cannot get the image of his face out of my head when the ball hit the post and hit him in the face.

It was like being bitch slapped by a woman with an oven glove on.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Expected to start tonight against Werner and Havertz :philjones

This will be interesting :Goober:

I know it’s off topic but very strange to see Leeds United striker starting for Span national team.

Stats likes this

13 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Expected to start tonight against Werner and Havertz :philjones

This will be interesting :Goober:

Turns out De Gea is the one starting for Spain...

13 hours ago, Special Juan said:

How bad does De Gea have to be to be dropped for Kepa.:beer:

Worse than he is right now cos Kepa sat on the bench all match 

not saying much about him tho. Both Kepa and de gea are terrible. 
I would say Lopez, Simon and even Guaita are all better than those two 

This is where I'm most scared.
Last season was a nightmare.
Basically he is someone who would have to be ex-Blue and will start playing as a starter because there is no other option.
And the worst thing is that his teammates will be as afraid as I am.

I hope to surprise me and be at least regular.

''What exactly did Chelsea's scouts see in Kepa Arrizabalaga? Because goalkeeping is really not one of his strengths.

The mind boggles. They might as well play a rush goalie''

From BBC..

On 02/09/2020 at 5:19 PM, NikkiCFC said:

So all of you are acting like there is absolutely no chance that Kepa turns out good in the future?

I’m 90% certain. Tonight is another example.

The sort of game we have come to expect from him. No major cock ups but again useless once a shot is cleanly struck at goal. The shot was right in the corner but it was not very hard and from a narrow angle. A top goalie would push it away easily. He got his eye hand coordination wrong and the ball dipped under his arms even though his dive was sufficient. he just failed to direct his hands towards the ball. Like he needs glasses. At least he did not try his weird swinging technique 

Lampard just said is he happy with Kepa and as far as he knows, there is no one coming in yet , although he said there was still a lot of time left in the window

he is lying through his pearly whites, lolol

killer1257 and Johnnyeye like this