test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Started by Jason,

216 posts in this topic

No idea why but I've a real good feeling about him. Fingers crossed. Hope he's given number 1. Can't be doing with keepers with numbers up in the 30s and shit. He's our number 1, give him number 1. Willy can suck it up 

Amblève. likes this

Sarri said he is not better than Courtois at the moment (it's good, not putting any pressure on him), so we have to take his word for it. We really need to be patient with him when he inevitably goes through bad patches, and not be like pool fans sending death threats to Karius.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

The Skipper and Supermonkey92 like this

WATCH: 5 minutes of Chelsea goalkeeper training with Kepa, Bułka, Big Willy, Greeno

Ryan Fong likes this

Wasn't tested much by Huddersfield but did well in the circumstances. Was cool and calm when had to deal with passes at the back from the under pressure defenders.

Difficult to evaluate him based on this game, but he didn't make any mistakes when called upon. Positive first impression.

Johnnyeye and xPetrCechx like this

he does look on the short side for goalkeepers. My personal preference is for taller GKs... no, it doesn't have to be courtois tall, but tall enough to dominate crosses and to reach those upper-top shots.

Just hope the club fully evaluated him and this is not what it looked like: a panic buy. 

Johnnyeye likes this

I feel more nervous at corners and set pieces with Kepa compared to Tibo, this is more a compliment to how good Courtois is on set plays than any slight on Kepa but the corner that hit the post wouldn't have happened on the Belgiums watch. However distribution was another matter, we could pass the ball back to Kepa even under pressure and play kept on ticking over, Courtois would have panicked in half the situations Kepa was in today.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I feel more nervous at corners and set pieces with Kepa compared to Tibo, this is more a compliment to how good Courtois is on set plays than any slight on Kepa but the corner that hit the post wouldn't have happened on the Belgiums watch. However distribution was another matter, we could pass the ball back to Kepa even under pressure and play kept on ticking over, Courtois would have panicked in half the situations Kepa was in today.

Yeah, it's really weird seeing a smaller keeper in our net after watching Courtois for so long. I take comfort in the fact that DDG and Lloris have become world class in the PL despite being very slight. Kepa looks much more muscular than either of those two so I think he'll be fine.

Might run into trouble against a side like United who have lots of giants. Can definitely see Mourinho starting Fellaini against us to stand right next to Kepa on every set piece.

Tomo and Johnnyeye like this

19 minutes ago, Robguima said:

he does look on the short side for goalkeepers. My personal preference is for taller GKs... no, it doesn't have to be courtois tall, but tall enough to dominate crosses and to reach those upper-top shots.

Just hope the club fully evaluated him and this is not what it looked like: a panic buy. 

Kepa is 189, which isn't much of a difference to the top 6 sides' keeper.

Lloris - 188

Leno - 190

De Gea - 190

Ederson - 188

Alisson - 193

For some reason, Kepa does look tiny. Maybe it's because we've gotten used to seeing Courtois in goal for the last few years.

Johnnyeye likes this

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, it's really weird seeing a smaller keeper in our net after watching Courtois for so long. I take comfort in the fact that DDG and Lloris have become world class in the PL despite being very slight. Kepa looks much more muscular than either of those two so I think he'll be fine.

Might run into trouble against a side like United who have lots of giants. Can definitely see Mourinho starting Fellaini against us to stand right next to Kepa on every set piece.

Funny thing is, Caballero is actually shorter than Kepa. But he doesn't look small. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

the setpiece and corners defence is definitely something to work on for Kepa, he did fine for his 1st game, looked solid when called upon, specially with the ball at his feet, there is still a lot of room for improvement for sure

Tomo likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kepa is 189, which isn't much of a difference to the top 6 sides' keeper.

I'm not so sure anymore that he is 189. On our official web it says 186 and to be frank, he looks 186 at the goal. You know how we will finally know? Let him stand next to Luiz, at least we know how tall he is...

EDIT: NO LUIZ, his hair will ruin everything! Rudiger maybe, or Alonso.

Just now, El P. said:

I'm not so sure anymore that he is 189. On our official web it says 186 and to be frank, he looks 186 at the goal. You know how we will finally know? Let him stand next to Luiz, at least we know how tall he is...

OH LORD, STOP MISDIRECTING ME!!! :rant::rant::rant:

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

the setpiece and corners defence is definitely something to work on for Kep, he did fine for his 1st game, looked solud when called upon, specially with the ball at his feet, there is still a lot of room for improvement for sure

It's not just Kepa though, even our defence look shaky when high balls are being put into the box. Were lucky Huddersfield did not have anyone to exploit the uncertainties today.

Johnnyeye likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Funny thing is, Caballero is actually shorter than Kepa. But he doesn't look small. :lol: 

The bald head makes him look more intimidating! :P

Just now, Jason said:

OH LORD, STOP MISDIRECTING ME!!! :rant::rant::rant:

It's an enigma bro, not our fault. :D But those 3 cms means a lot in my book...

Just now, El P. said:

It's an enigma bro, not our fault. :D But those 3 cms means a lot in my book...

If he's really 186, that means the Wiki result I saw on Google the other day was right then. DAMN YOU EVEN MORE! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

19 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Llors is the same height as kepa Arrizabalaga and Llors is a top keeper real madrid must think kepa a good keeper if   real got kepa Arrizabalaga back in January the snake courtios would still be at Chelsea 

Robguima likes this