test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Started by Jason,

888 posts in this topic
24 minutes ago, Jason said:

We should relegate ourselves if we concede against a keeper...

I remember once while we we're winning at The Emirates Cech went up for a corner, i genuinely believed that one was inevitable.

milan.cech likes this

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I remember once while we we're winning at The Emirates Cech went up for a corner, i genuinely believed that one was inevitable.

Well, thank F for that! :lol: 

Still not sure if he is good enough. His positioning on 2 of the goals conceded today was questionable to say the least. Onana on the other hand made like 10 saves. I checked and Onana only has contract till 2022 so a cheeky bid next summer might land him....

Vybz Kartel and Johnnyeye like this

23 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Still not sure if he is good enough. His positioning on 2 of the goals conceded today was questionable to say the least. Onana on the other hand made like 10 saves. I checked and Onana only has contract till 2022 so a cheeky bid next summer might land him....

He looked ridiculously flat footed for Ajax's 3rd and probably the 2nd too. It's kinda maddening how he's not more commanding in the box. 

Vesper, Johnnyeye and Bosnian Blue like this

Love Kepa but its getting harder and harder to defend him. We are just conceding too many goals which leave you wondering could he have done better? I have a feeling its more to do with Lampard's goal keeping coach since he has regressed massively this season. Im hoping we can have at least 10 games with him out of the spotlight. 

Vesper likes this

I've been one of his biggest critics, but let's remember he got us three points on Saturday. 

Still fairly young and doesn't get that much help in front of him. He may never be an elite keeper, but in modern football he is good enough for a top club. 

Fernando, Johnnyeye and Tomo like this

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I've been one of his biggest critics, but let's remember he got us three points on Saturday. 

Still fairly young and doesn't get that much help in front of him. He may never be an elite keeper, but in modern football he is good enough for a top club. 

The problem with Kepa is that he's capable of making great saves but at the same time, he also leaves one wonder whether he should be doing better for the goals we concede, not all but a number of them. 

Johnnyeye, Vybz Kartel and Vesper like this

8 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Love Kepa but its getting harder and harder to defend him. We are just conceding too many goals which leave you wondering could he have done better? I have a feeling its more to do with Lampard's goal keeping coach since he has regressed massively this season. Im hoping we can have at least 10 games with him out of the spotlight. 

I agree. He has regressed so much. Starting to worry, which is madness as we just dropped £72m on a 24yo GK.

GK is BY FAR the weakest position atm in global football. With de Gea somewhat collapsing, there are only 4 truly WC GK atm, Oblak, ter Stegen, Alisson, and Ederson.

If Kepa and de Gea do not get back on track, it is quite likely we just saw the 5th best keeper out there in Onana, and he is only 23.

Just not a lot of talent atm to be had that is ready to step right in and lead a top club. Schmeichel has been superb, shame he is 33yo, so whilst still at peak, he has 5 or 6 years max left.

Got trolled by De Roon of Atalanta. A new low...
I guess CL twitter account trolling De Roon wasn't enough

I really, really hope that we 'Karius - Alisson' him and cynically get rid of him ASAP for a much better keeper. He's so goddamn bang average, and not least, too short. Sterling's shot epitomized his goalkeeping quintessence. I would honestly take Nick Pope over him. That's how desperate I am for a new, taller keeper.

I really, really hope that we 'Karius - Alisson' him and cynically get rid of him ASAP for a much better keeper. He's so goddamn bang average, and not least, too short. Sterling's shot epitomized his goalkeeping quintessence. I would honestly take Nick Pope over him. That's how desperate I am for a new, taller keeper.
Ter Stegen is smaller than him and he is World class

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Irakozium257 said:

He really is becoming a worry. His number of fumbles and easy to moderately difficult saves he fails to make is appalling. Many do not matter so it is not that evident right now. But if we count every action he should have done better beginning with his ppor fumbles in his 4th game at home vs Arsenal last season till today, I doubt Cech or even Courtois made that many errors costing goals in their whole Chelsea career. Height seems not even be the only issue cos he is erratic with both high and low shots.

Ter Stegen is smaller than him and he is World class

He wasn't all that during his time in Germany and was prone to the odd mistake.
killer1257 likes this

He wasn't all that during his time in Germany and was prone to the odd mistake.
Yes, but in his time at Barcelona, he reached Another Level

LAM09 likes this

Yes, but in his time at Barcelona, he reached Another Level

We can only hope Kepa manages to address his flaws sooner rather than later.

killer1257 likes this