Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

Man, could we actually be about to panic buy some actual good players?! Could it be?

Kepa + Kovacic and I'll feel great about our top 4 chances. Seeing transfer muppets on Twitter thinking we'd go after both Kovacic and Fekir. That ain't happening. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hmm. I'd rather sign one of the very best GKs of the past three/four years in Oblak for €100m than a young, developing GK like Kepa for €80m.

I'll have to assume Oblak has no interest in joining Chels.

Just now, DYC. said:

I'll have to assume Oblak has no interest in joining Chels.

Why would he, TBH? He's at a stable club, consistently challenge for major honors and plays for a manager who is in control of everything. 

Just now, Jason said:

Why would he, TBH? He's at a stable club, consistently challenge for major honors and plays for a manager who is in control of everything. 

All true.

80 mil for a GK. I can't get used to that just yet.

A GK with so much to prove as well. Let's hope he turns out to be a good one.

Athletic Bilbao are in 'panic mode‘ and have given goalkeeper Kepa just 24 hours to make his mind up, with a tempting offer on the table from #Chelsea. [MARCA]

First team football and a big salary increase await Kepa at #Chelsea as he would be the immediate replacement for the Madrid-bound Courtois. [MARCA]

In terms of Athletic signing fresh goalkeeping cover of their own, there is a sense of relative calm given that Iago Herrerin would be promoted from the bench to the first team. MARCA]

4 minutes ago, DYC. said:

All true.

80 mil for a GK. I can't get used to that just yet.

A GK with so much to prove as well. Let's hope he turns out to be a good one.

From what ive seen and heard he's the level below world class and knocking on the door off actual world class, outside of Alisson he's the best that was/is (realistically) available this summer.

Higher wage would be the only true motive right now

Just now, 11Drogba said:

Whoscored says his strengths are long passing and penalty saving.

Sounds good. Considering how our defense and midfield will probably line up, i'd be quite happy if we could skip right to the midfield in our build up play :D

If the club go ahead with this it would be a statement. 

I think we all moaned about the transfer strategy last summer, buying a lot of squad players and overspending on some average signings.

Although the club may end up only bringing in 2 or 3 this summer they will have at least spent good money to buy the best players they could in those circumstances. It's definitely a step in the right direction and whilst there are still gaps in the squad the hope will be that the board have their eyes on this being a project that will bear fruit more so over the next 2 - 3 seasons as opposed to the first 6 months and by adding genuine quality to it over that time will have far more long term benefits.

The squad should be filled out through our academy preventing the need for buys like Drinkwater and Zappacosta.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

From what ive seen and heard he's the level below world class and knocking on the door off actual world class, outside of Alisson he's the best that was/is (realistically) available this summer.

With 53 La Liga games under his belt for a team that finished 7th and 16th (at the age of 23), no experience in Europe and just a single cap for Spain under his name, I highly doubt that. I know how this hype game works for young players works but I'd love to be wrong.

Was he one of the best options available to Chelsea? Yeah, I believe that.