Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

2 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

My fear is that he is too weak to come forward and outmuscle opponent attackers. This league is very physical. 

Not to say Kepa will go down the same route but De Gea had a shocking first year in England before adapting and becoming a decent keeper. 

I havent seen much of him at all, and while those videos look ridiculous, I wont judge him by that. People say he is extremely talented.

I just hope we didnt throw 70m down the drain, good luck Kepa and make us proud.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

So guessing he's generally good with his feet but prone to errors when the ball is in the air? 

From the videos someone posted in the first page. He looks dodgy in the air just like DeGea was, but hopefully he adapts to the league and quickly.

Just now, kellzfresh said:

From the videos someone posted in the first page. He looks dodgy in the air just like DeGea was, but hopefully he adapts to the league and quickly.

Well, this is gonna be fun. 😬

Was just doing some height checking earlier and Kepa's the shortest of all the no.1 keepers in the top 6 and he's 13cm shorter than Courtois.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, this is gonna be fun. 😬

Was just doing some height checking earlier and Kepa's the shortest of all the no.1 keepers in the top 6 and he's 13cm shorter than Courtois.

Not true. Kepa is 189, Snake is 199. De Gea is 190, Neuer 193, Buffon 191, Alisson 191. So, not much of a difference, only Snake was long. But he is snake, they tend to be long.

4 minutes ago, AndersonBLUE said:

not bad for 36mill

Hope he hits the ground running, got a feeling we are gonna rely on him too much this season

Not sure we can say this is good business regardless of courtois valuation. If you take money into the equation the question is whether this is the best quality gk we could get for the money.

if the answer is yes, due to his potential, then it is indeed good business.

i don’t trust our scouting that much, so will remain cautiously optimistic on this one. Without a doubt a bit of a gamble and a very expensive one at that. Still looks like a panic buy - just hope it is at least an educated one.

Just now, Robguima said:

Not sure we can say this is good business regardless of courtois valuation. If you take money into the equation the question is whether this is the best quality gk we could get for the money.

if the answer is yes, due to his potential, then it is indeed good business.

i don’t trust our scouting that much, so will remain cautiously optimistic on this one. Without a doubt a bit of a gamble and a very expensive one at that. Still looks like a panic buy - just hope it is at least an educated one.

I guess if you want something positive - we have always been decent when it comes to getting our No.1 keeper..?