Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

24 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Morata has played for Real (and Juve). Many people at Real thought he would be the next Raul. Look how it turned out.

Just because Real wanted does not make him world class automatically.

Morata played for real because he is an academy product, of course they're gonna play him if he's good enough....

I wasn't talking about players real formed in their academy, I'm talking about the transfer targets they go for which are usually only top class... If they were ready to make Kepa their #1 as all reports suggest (only zidane stopped the move because he preferred to keep Navas for his last CL run with real), that certainly means he is by no means "shit" as you claimed ... in addition to other great positives about him that I listed earlier such as: He's 23, was wanted by Sarri, has enormous potential, is already a top keeper, is rated as by far the best young keeper in Spain, has the best long passing accuracy of all of la liga last year, has faced top opposition in barca and real for years now, is Spain's #2 at 23 yo and a lot of spain fans wanted him to start over de gea even, can be our keeper for 10-15 years...

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Yeah, it's almost worth the extra 30M just to not deal with that.

Yes. I was always dubious about tibo, he just never struck me as someone who loves chelsea. But I tried to convince myself over and over he is. But there was always shadow over him. 

Glad he is packing.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes. I was always dubious about tibo, he just never struck me as someone who loves chelsea. But I tried to convince myself over and over he is. But there was always shadow over him. 

Glad he is packing.

He loves Tibo.  He did this shit at Genk when he came to us as well, so to be expected, in hindsight.  He'll say the right things at first at Madrid, but you can't stop being who you are and he'll eventually piss of the Madrid fans (who have 0 patience).  He'll say something along the lines of the club being lucky to have him or some crap.

Image result for no cure for being a cunt gif

9 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I don't think that was an option.  Once Morata decided to stay, he was ours.

Doesn't mean we have to start him lol But of course Sarri will have had his ear bent about expensive signing,needs to be played etc.

Or Sarri really does have faith in him!

But we should be rejoicing. A shit hot young keeper that can be with us for years and T'boa will be leaving a couple of hundred £k out of pocket. See if that helps to make him smile. Ive never wished any player to fuck up but ...................!!!!

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Doesn't mean we have to start him lol But of course Sarri will have had his ear bent about expensive signing,needs to be played etc.

Or Sarri really does have faith in him!

But we should be rejoicing. A shit got young keeper that can be with us for years and T'boa will be leaving a couple of hundred £k out of pocket. See if that helps to make him smile. Ive never wished any player to fuck up but ...................!!!!

Morata is going to play.  He will play until he is dislodged.  If he's terrible we may get a stop gap in January and be in for a striker next summer.

Keeper situation is sorted and we got someone the manager actually wanted (who wasn't over the hill).  Yes, we overpaid.  I wish we got Courtois level keeping with Ederson distribution for 20M.  But, we didn't.  And if that's the only thing that would make me happy, then I wouldn't bother anymore.

We got the player we wanted, end of.

Fucking hell. People are actually complaining? Kepa is really good, and at 23, you know he can become much better. Oblak wouldn't have come here, I believe, and the moment we sign Butland, NO ONE, including the ones complaining about Kepa, would be happy. 

Butland is not better than Kepa, Areola is not available as far as I'm aware, and seriously Bulka?! We are Chelsea fans ffs, we should know that a good preseason means jack shit

4 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Fucking hell. People are actually complaining? Kepa is really good, and at 23, you know he can become much better. Oblak wouldn't have come here, I believe, and the moment we sign Butland, NO ONE, including the ones complaining about Kepa, would be happy. 

Butland is not better than Kepa, Areola is not available as far as I'm aware, and seriously Bulka?! We are Chelsea fans ffs, we should know that a good preseason means jack shit

Areola is also a Raiola client, so there's that.  Might have ended up paying another 10M in "agent fees".  Oblak was going to be 100M.  Sure, he definitely 20M better.  But he doesn't want to come.  He's not even in the discussion.

Would pass on Kepa and sign a 30-40m keeper this summer 
And then have to spend another 40m or more to get a decent player next season if we are lucky to find one available.

If we bring him we are under a similar situation as we had with courtois only this time we can actually make this work long time

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Yann Sommer, Cillessen, Areola, Keylor Navas, Kevin Trapp, Off the top of my head

Sommer and Trapp are average and IIRC, Trapp was initially the first choice at PSG but then got benched after that, which says something. Navas maybe doesn't want to leave Real, even if he may lose his spot to Courtois. I'm inclined to agree with you on Cillessen and Areola but given the mess the board find themselves in and no thanks to them(!), they probably just rather pay the big release clause and get this done ASAP. Otherwise, it may well take ages to negotiate with Barcelona or PSG for their keeper. And I'm not even sure money is the issue here. We know the club have money to spend but it's just we like to be stingy bastards!

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Ederson, Pickford last season. Leno this season and this is in the Premier League alone. Goalkeepers don't always cost a lot like Allison.

Areola is a good keeper and there are plenty of keepers available for less than 40 million pounds who could come and do a good job. If they are in form, there will be little difference from having Courtois or Kepa between the sticks, 

Would rather spend on other positions with two days left in the window and focus on getting a good keeper next season. 

Ederson and pickford both moved before Neymar went to PSG and the market went crazy. Even at that point they both broke goalkeeping transfer records at the time (pickford most expensive english keeper and ederson world record for a keeper) and both were seen as a lot of money for 2 keepers relatively inexperienced and unproven.