Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

43 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

My worry is he's clearly stated he wants to play regularly and he will have that opportunity at Palace. Nobody is going to touch Drinkwater's wages.

I agree for sure, I am still holding out hope a mid tier PL team will come for him, I saw a soft link to West Ham for him. The RLC conundrum is tricky, everyone wants him to come good but he hasn't really had a shot but you could argue he hasn't made the most of his opportunities either. I think no matter what his wishes are he stays until at least January. Who knows, be curious to see what we've got come Thursday, then see how we look when the other leagues windows are closed.

21 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

If there's no option to buy, we should just have him knock up some girl.  Then he can go back to Madrid and keep talking to the Croatian press about how much he wants to move to London.

Well lets hope one tiny detail is different, we don't want him to dream of playing for Arsenal.

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Not sure where the goals will come from with a midfield of Kante/Kova/Jorginho though. Barkley suits the no.8 role much more. Also, it would mean again Loftus-Cheek is left in the dark for a loan player from Madrid lol. 

I’m sorry but if you think that keeping RLC and not getting Kovacic is the better option then I honestly don’t know. RLC isn’t even past Barkley yet never mind somebody like Kovacic. Also a loan player from Madrid? Before this guy moved to Italy he was one of the highest rated youngsters in the whole continent, he’s never been regular at Madrid which hasn’t helped but I don’t think people are seeing how much of a potentially great deal this could be, if it is a permanent transfer, ever better. When was the last time Chelsea went and bought two MF players of this profile such as Jorginho and Kovacic? 

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I'll be so happy if we can pull this off. I rate kovacic over Savic (SMS) and he'll take our midfield to the level of Mancity.

Kante

Jorginho - Kovacic

VS

Fernadinho

KDB     -     Siva

I think it’s a bit early to be making comparisons like this but it will give us a much more competitive and technical midfield than we’ve had in years, which coupled with Sarri and his philosophy should give us something good this season. But again CF and left back is maybe still an issue.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think it’s a bit early to be making comparisons like this but it will give us a much more competitive and technical midfield than we’ve had in years, which coupled with Sarri and his philosophy should give us something good this season. But again CF and left back is maybe still an issue.

Add RW to that list

5 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Add RW to that list

Unless one of Pedro or Willian go I severely doubt it. We’ve got Hazard/Hudson Odoi for the left and Willian/Pedro for the right. Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic/Cesc/Barkley/one of Drinkwater or Bakayoko for 6 CMF options.

Still uncertainty around Batshuayi and Giroud as well as talk of Alonso being a target for Real so yeah maybe still be something done there if anything goes through but out wide cant see it. Unless CHO is not used and Willian plays left side when Hazard doesn’t play, only way I see us getting another right winger.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Unless one of Pedro or Willian go I severely doubt it. We’ve got Hazard/Hudson Odoi for the left and Willian/Pedro for the right. Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic/Cesc/Barkley/one of Drinkwater or Bakayoko for 6 CMF options.

Still uncertainty around Batshuayi and Giroud as well as talk of Alonso being a target for Real so yeah maybe still be something done there if anything goes through but out wide cant see it. Unless CHO is not used and Willian plays left side when Hazard doesn’t play, only way I see us getting another right winger.

yeah i agree, i dont think we'll sign a rw. I'm just saying the position is still an issue.

Just now, Artandur said:

yeah i agree, i dont think we'll sign a rw. I'm just saying the position is still an issue.

Yeah possibly but I think once we get going properly Willian and Pedro will be better than under Antonio. Particularly Pedro think he will be a goal threat more than anything else.

23 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

It will honestly be our most technical midfield in years. It will soften the blow of not replacing morata with a finisher for me. At least one part of the team will be complete (midfield)