Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

Just now, Unionjack said:

lol Watreboy = Drinkwater = useless fucker. Surplus to requirements. Tho I do understand the reasoning behind us buying him after the N'golo/Drinks partnership at Leicester. It sadly doesn't work now.

Agree about Barkley. I think he needs a managers trust and faith. Well I hope so anyway.

RLC Wont accept a loan. He wants/expects/thinks he deserves regular starting Chelsea1st team

Baks might be useful in certain circumstances.

Cescy I'm very sad to say is too slow. Tho i do think as a deep playmaker with 2 CDMs in front of him it might give him the time/space he now needs. But as he is right now our only bit of creativity it shows the mess we are in

I really do just hope the Kante/Golo +  Seri or Kova materializes. It would go a long way to restore my faith in the board

ahh my apologies, you had me slightly confused because you said you can't see Waterboy staying, but then you wrote Drinks is a depth option at the bottom of the post. 

Cesc IS too slow, but he is also too expensive. He will hopefully settle into a super sub role. One thing I will say about him, is when a manager says he can't do something he at least acts like a professional and tries his ass off to improve at it. 

I hope so too my friend, but if history is any indication I don't think our faith will be restored. We shall see

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Would surely spell the end for RLC's chances of ever becoming a proper Chelsea player if we signed both Golovin and Kovacic. Both would be long term signings who are in their early 20's. There would be no path back in for Ruben.

Tbh, if you offered me the chance to sign both Golovin and Kovacic but it meant Ruben was sold to a club outside of the top 6 I'd do it. A midfield 3 of Kante, Golovin, and Kovacic would be amazing and allow us to play fantastic football. Cesc, Barkley, and Baka for rotation. Think we'd have the best midfield options in the league.

I just fear Golovin is a bit of world cup hype, I know he was on our radar a bit before and I have been upfront about my lack of knowledge of him but I still am not entirely sold on him and especially not pinning him as a starting midfielder for us. Perhaps thats harsh or maybe im just ignorant to his actual skill level lol

I think RLC will stay and Chelsea will give him the chance to fight, new manager + new system its a free for all. He can come in and earn it, he if doesnt and continues to complain we will be forced to sell him I think, which is a shame but the reality at top clubs. I am not ready to entirely give up on RLC just yet however, i still hold out hope but that might be my ignorance again!

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

then you wrote Drinks is a depth option at the bottom of the post. 

Soz. You were quicker quoting than my editing ;)

And agree about Cescy. I was wondering a little whether he was dropping hints of a gooners return. I cant see many affording him or his wages so its a difficult one. Shame really. But hes a old pro and handles himself well.

I think it's Kovacic OR Serri.

3 man midfield, you're looking at 5/6 players, plus maybe a young option used sparingly (which RLC doesn't want)

So:

Kante

Golovin

Serri/Kovacic

and 2/3 out of:  Fabregas (unmoveable), Baks, Drinkwater, RLC, Barkley

Can see RLC out on loan again.

We'll see what happens.  I'm pretty sure that we'll get Golovin, maybe Serri, doubtful on Kovacic (maybe we can do a Courtois swap if we're really interested).

Don't think we should go for Serri at all, don't think hes anything special, average at best. Kovacic on the other hand? Get him in. Its such a shame hes used so sparingly at Madrid because he could be an excellent player with the continuity of playing every week, fair enough he could still improve but he'd be an excellent signing. 

15 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Don't think we should go for Serri at all, don't think hes anything special, average at best. Kovacic on the other hand? Get him in. Its such a shame hes used so sparingly at Madrid because he could be an excellent player with the continuity of playing every week, fair enough he could still improve but he'd be an excellent signing. 

Agree, Kovacic with right attitude here could become fantastic player. But if not him, I wouldnt mind Seri.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOLOL

if I hear the phrases

are monitoring

enquire about

watching carefully

eyeing up a swoop

following with interest

ready to join race for

lining up talks

set to put a bid in

in hot pursuit of

insiders say deal is close

one more time in next 10 days, I am going to start reaching for

00233282.jpg

No way we will end up bringing in Jorginho and kovacic in one window - I fully expect us to hang on to bakayoko, drinkwater and maybe buy a terrible midfielder like vecino

14 minutes ago, lucio said:

No way we will end up bringing in Jorginho and kovacic in one window - I fully expect us to hang on to bakayoko, drinkwater and maybe buy a terrible midfielder like vecino

Lol, if you think Vecino is a terrible midfielder you have no clue. Would be amazing cover for Kanté/Jorginho.

40 minutes ago, Shakez said:

Lol, if you think Vecino is a terrible midfielder you have no clue. Would be amazing cover for Kanté/Jorginho.

Maybe in bizarro reverso world. How much have you watched him play? I have seen him around 10 Serie A games just this year, maybe 25 overall, plus the WC. He is profoundly ordinary. I have listed 20 plus (including his teammate Roberto Gagliardini) who would be far better buys for what is his role.

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

LOLOL

if I hear the phrases

are monitoring

enquire about

watching carefully

eyeing up a swoop

following with interest

ready to join race for

lining up talks

set to put a bid in

in hot pursuit of

insiders say deal is close

one more time in next 10 days, I am going to start reaching for

00233282.jpg

You forgot the classic ..."Club X is on RED ALERT..."

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are interested in Real Madrid's Mateo Kovacic after the 24-year-old Croatia midfielder reportedly turned down a move to Manchester United because of Jose Mourinho's style of play. (Express, via Calciomercato)

Quite rightly so. Fuck playing in that United team, player such as Kovacic would be wasted. Fred and Pogba are wasted in that team too. 

I'd snatch his bollocks off but it makes me wonder WHY?? Hes a DM,.the wee baldy mans job.. I'm scared!

Chelsea on Kovacic, but Real makes a wall

Mourinho left humiliated as €60m Real Madrid star asks for Chelsea move

Date published: Friday 3rd August 2018 10:19

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://www.calciomercato.it/news/312438/calciomercato_esclusivo_chelsea_su_kovacic_ma_il_real_fa_muro&prev=search