Buying new phone

BlueLyon

Hi! 

Im buying new phone, kinda settled for Samsung S9 (probably + model), and while I have nothing to lose, 

is there anyone here that has S9 and what is your experience so far?

Thanks in advance if anyone bothers to answer on these hot days

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Hi! 

Im buying new phone, kinda settled for Samsung S9 (probably + model), and while I have nothing to lose, 

is there anyone here that has S9 and what is your experience so far?

Thanks in advance if anyone bothers to answer on these hot days

I'm completely the wrong person to answer this cause until recently Ive used a Nokia 1100 that I bought new in the early 2000s that did what I needed it to do.

In the mid 80s I had to carry around town for work one of those bloody great big brick Dom Jolly type monsters. Even tho it was massive I did manage to lose one once. Work was chuffed.

But then when the mobiles came out proper I went thru them like bags of crisps. I'd get so pissed with having no reception I'd stomp on them or just launch them over some building,

But mt Mrs bought me the 1100 and told me don't lose it. So i never did.

But about 4 weeks ago I didn't pay my Virgin and the luvly peeps cut me off. Bastards. dont get me started on Virgin grrr. Anyway my mate was pissing himself that I didn;t know how to get online via phone. But as Ive never had the need why should I?

Anyway he gave me his phone. Galaxy S5. i was lost to start with as its just a tad different to me old one. But am up to speed now.

So my question is. Is there such a big difference between the S5 and S9 as to be such a step up money wise? Is it just a bit better camera etc? And as the only time I use it online eyc is if I'm bored on a tube or sitting in the pub would it change my world if I upgraded?

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm completely the wrong person to answer this cause until recently Ive used a Nokia 1100 that I bought new in the early 2000s that did what I needed it to do.

In the mid 80s I had to carry around town for work one of those bloody great big brick Dom Jolly type monsters. Even tho it was massive I did manage to lose one once. Work was chuffed.

But then when the mobiles came out proper I went thru them like bags of crisps. I'd get so pissed with having no reception I'd stomp on them or just launch them over some building,

But mt Mrs bought me the 1100 and told me don't lose it. So i never did.

But about 4 weeks ago I didn't pay my Virgin and the luvly peeps cut me off. Bastards. dont get me started on Virgin grrr. Anyway my mate was pissing himself that I didn;t know how to get online via phone. But as Ive never had the need why should I?

Anyway he gave me his phone. Galaxy S5. i was lost to start with as its just a tad different to me old one. But am up to speed now.

So my question is. Is there such a big difference between the S5 and S9 as to be such a step up money wise? Is it just a bit better camera etc? And as the only time I use it online eyc is if I'm bored on a tube or sitting in the pub would it change my world if I upgraded?

I think I'm abit like you. Only ever had bricks for phones as all I needed was to make and take calls, simples. But at work they upgaded me to a Samsung Xcover4 which is a good phone. My daughter then bought me a Samsung Galaxy J3.Good phone, good camera, can get my emails and I have my "Spotify". What more do I need ??? Really feeling old because I'm probably only driving my phones in first gear :blush:. To me it's a phone, makes calls, receives calls, takes photos....That's all I need

1 hour ago, Starman60 said:

I think I'm abit like you. Only ever had bricks for phones as all I needed was to make and take calls, simples. But at work they upgaded me to a Samsung Xcover4 which is a good phone. My daughter then bought me a Samsung Galaxy J3.Good phone, good camera, can get my emails and I have my "Spotify". What more do I need ??? Really feeling old because I'm probably only driving my phones in first gear :blush:. To me it's a phone, makes calls, receives calls, takes photos....That's all I need

When I worked on the railway we had phones in the late 80's early 90's that were so big you had to carry them in a sort of briefcase. I brought it into the boozer once this woman crapped herself when it started ringing she thought it was a bomb !. I'm the same as you I WhatsApp and text more than make calls I rarely answer numbers I don't recognise and I take photos which for me is the best thing about an iPhone.

3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

When I worked on the railway we had phones in the late 80's early 90's that were so big you had to carry them in a sort of briefcase. I brought it into the boozer once this woman crapped herself when it started ringing she thought it was a bomb !. I'm the same as you I WhatsApp and text more than make calls I rarely answer numbers I don't recognise and I take photos which for me is the best thing about an iPhone.

I get a sneaking feeling you're around my age. (and that's the wrong side of 50 :blush:)

2 hours ago, Starman60 said:

I get a sneaking feeling you're around my age. (and that's the wrong side of 50 :blush:)

And I'm older than both of ya but still act like a fuckin kid I'm told!

I took me phone night fishing last week and ended up watching 3 episodes of Elementary!  Am after breaking my carp PB this season so can see the phone will come in handy

45 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

And I'm older than both of ya but still act like a fuckin kid I'm told!

I took me phone night fishing last week and ended up watching 3 episodes of Elementary!  Am after breaking my carp PB this season so can see the phone will come in handy

I dont even know how to get telly on my phone :blink:

1 hour ago, Starman60 said:

I dont even know how to get telly on my phone :blink:

Doubt if you can unless its a live stream.

I grabbed torrenrts then just upload them from the PC. Hardly watch telly with all the torrents I download.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Still got 2 years on ya! 5b6ac7df218a8_OldLaugh1.gif.3d347a99038f53991acdf7148c2b73cf.gif

Thank God for that.........I'd hate to be the only guy on here that has no idea why he's on here or even how got here.:blush: Next thing we'll be like this...... During the war (or as Uncle Albert would say "The woa")...Blah blah blah

8 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

Thank God for that.........I'd hate to be the only guy on here that has no idea why he's on here or even how got here.:blush: Next thing we'll be like this...... During the war (or as Uncle Albert would say "The woa")...Blah blah blah

Already got plans in place if that day ever happens mate. I'm going out with a bang and smiling!

But for now I'm still wondering where our goals are coming from. With Sevilla in for Bats it leaves us with 1 French and 1 Spanish wonkey donkeys

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Already got plans in place if that day ever happens mate. I'm going out with a bang and smiling!

But for now I'm still wondering where our goals are coming from. With Sevilla in for Bats it leaves us with 1 French and 1 Spanish wonkey donkeys

Yea it's fucking worrying. We think about loaning a guy who could potentially be the answer to our problems. If he goes I cannot for the life of me see a 20 goal a season striker that we could buy in less than 24 hours. Crazy!!

Just now, Starman60 said:

Yea it's fucking worrying. We think about loaning a guy who could potentially be the answer to our problems. If he goes I cannot for the life of me see a 20 goal a season striker that we could buy in less than 24 hours. Crazy!!

Unless we pit Fekir there the only other I can omagine is IF we do a deal for Martial with Happy.

And that would man my dream of Happy Pogba and Varane together would be 2/3 complete! grrrrr!