test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Kepa Arrizabalaga

Started by Jason,

268 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

yeah ok buddy, that's why real were after him...

Morata has played for Real (and Juve). Many people at Real thought he would be the next Raul. Look how it turned out.

Just because Real wanted does not make him world class automatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

  Kepa at 20M was their first choice.  

his transfer clause went up to £71m  cause he signed a new contract with Athletic Bilbao in January and real didn't want to pay it that's why they went  for courtios cause he cheaper option cause he's on his last year off his contract at Chelsea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldportblue said:

off the top of my head:

will be 30 this year, poor, unavailable, unavailable, poor

Ederson, Pickford last season. Leno this season and this is in the Premier League alone. Goalkeepers don't always cost a lot like Allison.

Areola is a good keeper and there are plenty of keepers available for less than 40 million pounds who could come and do a good job. If they are in form, there will be little difference from having Courtois or Kepa between the sticks, 

Would rather spend on other positions with two days left in the window and focus on getting a good keeper next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the wes said:

his transfer clause went up to £71m  cause he signed a new contract with Athletic Bilbao in January and real didn't want to pay it that's why they went  for courtios cause he cheaper option cause he's on his last year off his contract at Chelsea 

Yup.  I was under the impression that they were going to trigger the clause when it was 20, but Zidane decided against it.  But, tha'ts whakt I mean, when he was 20M, he was Real's first choice.  At 80, not so much.

We, on the other hand, don't have a lot of options.  He was what the club determined to be the best option, then they went out and got him.

Blusan Alamb likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just enjoy the fact that our club still care, and still have the ambitiou and ability to splash the world record fee on a promising young keeper who is highly rated and could provide us a decade’s service.

Rant over.

Alabama, oldportblue and the wes like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryan Fong said:

Just enjoy the fact that our club still care, and still have the ambitiou and ability to splash the world record fee on a promising young keeper who is highly rated and could provide us a decade’s service.

Rant over.

Same was said about Courtois. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Yup.  I was under the impression that they were going to trigger the clause when it was 20, but Zidane decided against it.  But, tha'ts whakt I mean, when he was 20M, he was Real's first choice.  At 80, not so much.

We, on the other hand, don't have a lot of options.  He was what the club determined to be the best option, then they went out and got him.

No keeper worth that money only superman if he does nets the money we get for cuntios will go towards for kepa Arrizabalaga fee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryan Fong said:

 


Well if you take Cuntois into the picture then Kepa costs 35m in reality then. How about that?

 

Club should get their outfield targets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, the wes said:

No keeper worth that money only superman if he does nets the money we get for cuntios will go towards for kepa Arrizabalaga fee 

Sure, it's crazy money.

As soon as we allowed ourselves to get in to this position we were always going to over pay (whether this summer or next).  It's got a touch of panic about it, but it's better than panic buying some dross like Drinkwater.  At least it's panic buying the guy you want.  The club's transfers have been criticized for not just spending the money on the player they want, always the cheaper shit option.  Well, here we go, we overpaid for the guy we want.  

Personally, I'm fine with it.  Rather overpay for the thing you want than "save money" for something you don't.  To me, it's a waste of money to spend it on something you don't want.

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

And rely on Cabalero for the season? What a stupid thing to say. If we get Kovacic from Madrid on loan then we will be alright.

Nope. Nobody would want that. Sign a different keeper as stop-gap

Blusan Alamb likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Strike said:

Ederson, Pickford last season. Leno this season and this is in the Premier League alone. Goalkeepers don't always cost a lot like Allison.

Areola is a good keeper and there are plenty of keepers available for less than 40 million pounds who could come and do a good job. If they are in form, there will be little difference from having Courtois or Kepa between the sticks, 

Would rather spend on other positions with two days left in the window and focus on getting a good keeper next season. 

no they don't always cost a lot like alisson... but those goalkeepers (ederson, pickford, leno) aren't available anymore and the ones you listed before were either too old, subpar or unavailable.

To reiterate what I said, PSG said selling areola was out of the question... as to the rest of your suggestions: sommer (too old), Cillessen (subpar), Areola (unavailable), Keylor Navas (unavailable), Kevin Trapp (subpar)

So you still haven't come up with one 40M gk that would have been a better investment than Kepa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its crazy money but I cant wait to have a keeper who actualy wants to be here. 

Fuck Tibo. Good, not great and his weekly "I want to go to Madrid one day" were annoying as fuck. 

DDA likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Personally, I'm fine with it.

Me too mate.

I just hope we haven't got him at the sake of a striker or someone who is going to give is some goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, laeth said:

Why is everyone moaning about this? Sarri wants him, the club want him. Who cares how much it cost - at least he's highly regarded.

I don't get it either.  Board pinches pennies, slagged, not happy.  Board overpays, slagged, not happy.  

It was our number one priority.  

Okay, it could have been handled in a more timely manner, and targets should have been lined up.  Not getting Alisson was a blow.  TBo deciding that he didn't want to say what he had to say to Sarri's face made this happen now.  

Anyone deemed to be good enough, either this summer or next, was going to cost us at least 50M anyway.  And that's for 3rd, 4th, 5th.... choice.

oldportblue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its crazy money but I cant wait to have a keeper who actualy wants to be here. 

Fuck Tibo. Good, not great and his weekly "I want to go to Madrid one day" were annoying as fuck. 

Yeah, it's almost worth the extra 30M just to not deal with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Me too mate.

I just hope we haven't got him at the sake of a striker or someone who is going to give is some goals.

I don't think that was an option.  Once Morata decided to stay, he was ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.