test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Kepa Arrizabalaga

Started by Jason,

268 posts in this topic

Good keeper. Pretty solid with his feat too which although means absolutely fuck all in terms of shot stopping, will be vital to Sarri in building the game from the back. 80m a bit steep. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Good keeper. Pretty solid with his feat too which although means absolutely fuck all in terms of shot stopping, will be vital to Sarri in building the game from the back. 80m a bit steep. 

To be fair, Courtois' sale to Real covers half of that fee. 

OneMoSalah likes this

https://t.co/GGOmp3HF63?amp=1

Chelsea contacted Kepa this morning to tell him there willing to pay clause, now convincing him of project & to join, down to player, rejected madrid move before. Chelsea first contacted Oblak but he decided to stay. 

Guessing reliable as Bilbao paper.

consider me extremely skeptical that we actually will pay this release clause. After slinking away from Alisson due to the cost, we will now go ahead and break that record? im doubtful. However as @manpe said, i don't know alot about him but the things being said online from people who watch him regularly are extremely positive. Would be happy to see him protecting our net.

ulsterchelsea and manpe like this

Why aren't we going for Cillessen. Would cost no more than £30m and in this moment in time he's about on the same level as Kepa (5 years older though so that might chance one day).

Supermonkey92 likes this

🚨 last minute 🚨 informs in the newsletter of the 16:00h that he will make effective tomorrow the payment of the clause of Kepa Arrizabalaga, which amounts to 80 million of euros

oldportblue likes this

3 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Could the board finally get the message and woken up? Shaping up to be a crazy 48 hours.

So instead of Hazard sending the board into frenzy mode, it's Courtois who did it. If everything comes off, then we gotta thank him for being a bellend. :lol: 

Man, could we actually be about to panic buy some actual good players?! Could it be?

Kepa + Kovacic and I'll feel great about our top 4 chances. Seeing transfer muppets on Twitter thinking we'd go after both Kovacic and Fekir. That ain't happening. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hmm. I'd rather sign one of the very best GKs of the past three/four years in Oblak for €100m than a young, developing GK like Kepa for €80m.

I'll have to assume Oblak has no interest in joining Chels.

Just now, DYC. said:

I'll have to assume Oblak has no interest in joining Chels.

Why would he, TBH? He's at a stable club, consistently challenge for major honors and plays for a manager who is in control of everything. 

Fernando and Pizy like this

and it we sell thibaut for 45M GBP (50M EUR), then the 80M EUR buyout fee for kepa doesn't sound quite as bad... really want this kid and the noises on twitter are positive on this for now 🤞