test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

Jack Grealish

Started by Unionjack,

47 posts in this topic
On 02/08/2018 at 11:45 AM, Unionjack said:

You wouldn't listen to JTs rec?

John Terry responds to reports he's advised Chelsea to move for Spurs target Jack Grealish

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/grealish-spurs-chelsea-transfer-latest-14986717

John Terry has stated that he has not advised former club Chelsea to make a move for Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish.

Following talk of a summer switch to Spurs, reports over the past few days have suggested that the Blues will make a late move in the final week of the transfer window to sign the midfielder.

Having only signed Jorginho and Rob Green so far this summer, the FA Cup holders are expected to bring in some new additions ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline.

Although Ruben Loftus-Cheek has returned from his loan spell at Crystal Palace, as well as Ross Barkley's return to full fitness, midfield could be an area that Maurizio Sarri looks to strengthen.

snip

the wes and Unionjack like this

Really impressed by him lately. Producing better numbers than in Championship. I like how he's always looking for the ball. Some of the Manchester clubs will drop fortune on him. I would take him over Maddison. 

Vesper likes this

‘Grealish can be Hazard’s replacement at Chelsea’ – Blues legend backs raid on Aston Villa

That’s the view of former Blues midfielder Alan Hudson, who rates Grealish as ‘the most outstanding attacking midfielder in the game at this moment’.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/26/chelsea-told-sign-outstanding-manchester-united-transfer-target-jack-grealish-12125178/

Vesper likes this

Cant see this thread being used by us again with him signing a new 5 year contract. 

Wonder what hes not got the ambition to move? Unless he likes being the big fish in a small pool.

Vesper likes this

Fair enough if Grealish feels at home at Villa and wants to stay there for a long time.

Otherwise, this could easily turn out to be another Zaha situation down the road.

Vesper likes this

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Cant see this thread being used by us again with him signing a new 5 year contract. 

Wonder what hes not got the ambition to move? Unless he likes being the big fish in a small pool.

he loves the club

rare thing nowadays

Unionjack likes this

He's a villa fan playing in the prem for his boyhood club. Fair play to him. He is living every kids dream

8 minutes ago, Hutcho said:
4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

He's a villa fan playing in the prem for his boyhood club. Fair play to him. He is living every kids dream

Plus my guess is that there is a release cause in the event Villa go down.

Unionjack likes this

AV is ambitious. With Martinez, Traore and Rashica they will spend almost 300m in two summers.

Amazing player. Should play for much bigger team.

Mount father retweeting this tweet was embarrassing. They are team mates, and Jack never got the chance because he played just 90mins in his career for England. In fact, he is worth Mount, Barkley and 30m at the moment.

Also UTD was stupid not to spend Sancho money on him.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mount father retweeting this tweet was embarrassing. They are team mates, and Jack never got the chance because he played just 90mins in his career for England. In fact, he is worth Mount, Barkley and 30m at the moment.

All I'll say is that Chelsea Youth fella is embarrassing and a prick. Makes me wish that we will sell all our youth players right now, just to see his reaction!

NikkiCFC likes this

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

The wankfest over Grealish makes the Mount bashing/writing off even worse.

Yes Jack is clearly better now but lets he hasn't always been this good, when Grealish was the age Mount is now, he scored 5 goals in 31 Championship games (and had a further two Champo season's where he never scored more than 6 the latter of which Mount himself outscored him), the year before (at the age Mount was last season to which he scored a matchwinning goal to help us get CL) he was a squad player at one of the worst PL teams of all time. Oh and just over a year ago he claimed the record for longest personal PL run without being on the winning side.

!Hazard!, Stats and Hutcho like this

Yes Jack is clearly better now but lets he hasn't always been this good, when Grealish was the age Mount is now, he scored 5 goals in 31 Championship games (and had a further two Champo season's where he never scored more than 6 the latter of which Mount himself outscored him), the year before (at the age Mount was last season to which he scored a matchwinning goal to help us get CL) he was a squad player at one of the worst PL teams of all time. Oh and just over a year ago he claimed the record for longest personal PL run without being on the winning side.

The whole thing that is has to be one or the other or a direct comparisons is embarrassing in itself. Grealish should have played for England but instead of kalvin Phillips not instead of mount.

Its just pure shite driven by idiots who call themselves fans. Mount is a kid who's improving but will make errors and needs people to get behind him rather than bash him non stop as if he's supposed to be the finished article at his age.

Grealish is hitting his peak age for being a footballer and Mount has had 1 full season in the prem and is 4 years younger. Completely different situations.
!Hazard! and Tomo like this

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The Mount criticism around here is crazy, I truly am unable to comprehend it. However, it should be remembered that half of those doing it are probably the same lot that thought selling KdB for £18m was a good idea due to him having an attitude problem and being lazy. 

!Hazard!, Tomo and Stats like this

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

The Mount criticism around here is crazy, I truly am unable to comprehend it. However, it should be remembered that half of those doing it are probably the same lot that thought selling KdB for £18m was a good idea due to him having an attitude problem and being lazy. 

It's not even the criticsm that annoys me but the sheer bitterness displayed to one of our own is something else, even Real fans give more leeway to their own products. It's not even like he's up himself either, he's one of the most genuine guys in football who gives his all for this club. He's literally done nothing to deserve what he's getting.

It's honestly getting close to the point i'd back him if he does a Lampard (to West Ham fans) on us.

King Kante, !Hazard!, Stats and 1 other like this

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Yes Jack is clearly better now 

First of all, I thought people not rating Mount is small group but in the last couple of days I saw it was trending on Twitter and such a mainstream thing now. After England games.

If Jack is clearly better now why are you not as a England fan upset that Mount starts over him? l do not really care but I want to believe that Southgate is trying options in League of Nations but imagine outrage if Mount plays on EURO?

I dont think people hate Mount but have problem with him starting here and for England because there are way superior players around.

Havertz here and Grealish/Maddison for England. And since he is for some unknown reason playing as a winger you can add Pulisic, Ziyech, Sancho and Sterling. He cannot be compered to any of these players. It is senior ENG team not u21.

I do not see problem with people not liking this because really is mind boggling.

If I support a team that has just Mount and RLC for one position I would be happy to start Mason. All the hate he gets is because of his two managers who pick him over superior players.

Look at last 3 games we played. Spurs he was horrid (RLC against Brighton level), CP did not play at all we won 4:0 and last game again invisible as always when he plays winger. Over CHO and Pulisic had to change his best side?!

Now when Ziyech is back I finally expect to see Mount getting treatment he deserves. Next 6 games before another int. break I can see him starting in Russia and a couple of cameos from the bench and that is it.

If he starts just 3 games of these 6 I would have to question who gave that pro license to Frank.

And can you see Mason doing in 3 or 4 years what Grealish is doing now? I cannot because he does not have that dribbling, leadership skills etc...

3 hours ago, Hutcho said:

The whole thing that is has to be one or the other or a direct comparisons is embarrassing in itself. Grealish should have played for England but instead of kalvin Phillips not instead of mount.

If I am England fan I would want to see this: 

Grealish

Rice   Henderson

Or:

Grealish  Maddison

Rice

Wingers Sancho and Sterling ofc.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Not the same at all. KDB did not play because of Oscar. And btw people compare Oscar to Mount but Oscar at the same age as Mount scored 5 CL goals, two of them against Juventus with Buffon and nutmeg Pirlo. Had 12 goals and 12 assists overall.

Now Mount playing for Chelsea means one of Puli, Hakim or Havertz not playing so it is similar to KDB situation because he is blocking better players. 

R2D2 and killer1257 like this