test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

5. Jorginho

Started by Jason,

1,108 posts in this topic

The most overrated passer of this generation. The king of the lofted through ball that is under hit and easily cut out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a poor game yesterday. It's obvious his best attributes are leading transitions and retaining possession, however he shouldn't be the one responsible for creating chances from midfield. 

Again, this just goes back in how unbalanced our midfield is. We are lacking that creative spark. Something I don't even think RLC offers. 

James is honestly our most creative players. 

0007 and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard with Jorginho and kante in the middle. They just don't work well. 

Midfield is the problem of all these imbalances we have. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It's hard with Jorginho and kante in the middle. They just don't work well. 

Midfield is the problem of all these imbalances we have. 

 

At the moment Jorginho, Kovacic and Barkley is our best midfield. 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

At the moment Jorginho, Kovacic and Barkley is our best midfield. 

I think that midfield will get rip apart by Bayern. 

But it should be used against the smaller team that park the bus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imho, our midfield needs to be rebuilt because the current set of players simply don't do anywhere near enough damage where it matters most.  We'd get decent money for Jorginho and Kante, so they're two i'd move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2020 at 8:18 PM, Vesper said:

Verratti has been a beast all year

And here is this from today backing me up

Revealed: Here is list of most in-form players in Europe (Ronaldo, Messi out of top 10)

Marco Verratti was ranked above both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in CIES' list of in-form players

https://www.legit.ng/1299521-marco-verratti-psg-star-beats-messi-ronaldo-ciess-list-form-players.html

The Paris-Saint-German attacking midfielder surprisingly came top with 92.3% efficiency ratio

- Liverpool's Joe Gomez and Vigil van Dijk secured third and fourth spots respectively with efficiency ratio of 90.5 and 89.4

Paris-Saint-Germain sensation, Marco Verratti, has surprisingly emerged the player with the most incredible form since the beginning of the season across Europe's top five leagues.

Snip

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jorginho's Agent on Chelsea to Juventus Transfer: 'Anything Can Happen'

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2875369-jorginhos-agent-on-chelsea-to-juventus-transfer-anything-can-happen

The agent of Chelsea's Jorginho has doubled down on his stance that the midfielder might leave Stamford Bridge this summer, saying "anything could happen" in regard to a transfer to Juventus.

The 28-year-old previously played under coach Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea and Napoli, and the tactician's move to Juve in 2019 has led to speculation of another reunion, this time in Turin.

Jorginho's representative, Joao Santos, told TuttoJuve.com (h/t Football Italia) they are ready to consider their options "from Italy, France and England," singling out Juventus as a desirable destination:

"Anything can happen in the transfer market. I said 'why not?' to Juventus because Jorginho has a three-year contract with Chelsea, so the priority is clearly to remain there, but we could also evaluate leaving the club in July.

snip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Jorginho's Agent on Chelsea to Juventus Transfer: 'Anything Can Happen'

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2875369-jorginhos-agent-on-chelsea-to-juventus-transfer-anything-can-happen

The agent of Chelsea's Jorginho has doubled down on his stance that the midfielder might leave Stamford Bridge this summer, saying "anything could happen" in regard to a transfer to Juventus.

The 28-year-old previously played under coach Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea and Napoli, and the tactician's move to Juve in 2019 has led to speculation of another reunion, this time in Turin.

Jorginho's representative, Joao Santos, told TuttoJuve.com (h/t Football Italia) they are ready to consider their options "from Italy, France and England," singling out Juventus as a desirable destination:

"Anything can happen in the transfer market. I said 'why not?' to Juventus because Jorginho has a three-year contract with Chelsea, so the priority is clearly to remain there, but we could also evaluate leaving the club in July.

snip

Probably his way of saying he has 3 years left lets look to get a new deal. Juventus dont need him. Pjanic is just as good.

Vesper, !Hazard! and OhForAGreavsie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive fan of Jorginho but have to say he has clearly gone of the boil recently. He isn't and will never be of the same class as Busquets. If we want to challenge the elite (that is a huge if) ... then we need to think about upgrading in this position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is the vice captain, a supposedly leader in the dressing room but went all Verratti and got a stupid yellow card that will keep him out of the second leg. :doh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason said:

He is the vice captain, a supposedly leader in the dressing room but went all Verratti and got a stupid yellow card that will keep him out of the second leg. :doh: 

Again being vice captain and getting a booking it means nothing at all, these things happen, how many times did Cahill, Terry etc all get bookings or worse?

Plus if him getting booked is one of the biggest issues or a problem from that game then we clearly watched different games. If it wasnt Jorginho youd not make a fuss I reckon...

Would be more concerned about the performance as a whole, the defence and team shape again after all the praise v Spurs, Mount and Barkleys performances especially and Alonso's red all much much bigger issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Again being vice captain and getting a booking it means nothing at all, these things happen, how many times did Cahill, Terry etc all get bookings or worse?

Plus if him getting booked is one of the biggest issues or a problem from that game then we clearly watched different games.

He got booked for dissent, which is stupid considering the injury problems we've had. He even had to be held back by Azpi!

Obviously there are much bigger problems from yesterday's game but it's little things like that that just explains the individual problems in the team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

He got booked for dissent, which is stupid considering the injury problems we've had. He even had to be held back by Azpi!

Obviously there are much bigger problems from yesterday's game but it's little things like that that just explains the individual problems in the team.

 

Perhaps but its not as if nobody gets booked for dissent in other teams or leagues or as if players getting booked for dissent is a major issue that only we have. Its part and parcel of modern day football because referees are so protected from players giving them a bit back or disagreeing with their decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.