test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

5. Jorginho

Started by Jason,

1,462 posts in this topic
On 15/08/2019 at 1:33 PM, Mana said:

After yesterday's performance I'm going to re-evaluate Jorginho, as I dumped him in the 'below average' category (which is better than the shite category) last season.

Strange how Lampard may finally get the best out of him, while Sarri - the guy who bought him in as his main engine to Sarriball didn't.

Last 15 games last season Jorginho was good and was playing well defensively too, which was a concern for many due to his physique and lack of athleticism.

Sarri didnt not get the best out of him in my eyes, he didnt get the best out of the team. Jorginho did play well at the start too like the team but had a sticky spell in the middle but so did the whole team. Sarri slightly altered his football too not having as many forward runners off the ball like Cesc aluded to in an interview but that was to give the team more defensive structure without the ball or if we lost it. It made us struggle in the final third and obviously the over reliance on Eden didnt help. 

Jorginho has started well and also Kovacic who in the 2 games and pre season has arguably been the most consistent player under Lamps. Its a good pairing and obviously Kante was exceptional in Istanbul too. I would of still thought 433 is our best bet but 4231 is Lamps formation, its not a huge difference, the 2 gives more protection infront of the back four but in possession its basically still 433 as one of the deeper two supports the play while the other holds his position. 

BlueLion. likes this

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

I have no clue why Lamp keep playing Jorginho. There is 0 reason to play jorginho in this system 

What is our other option at the moment?

3 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

What is our other option at the moment?

Anybody but Jorginho. Is Bakayoko still on the team? then play him next to Kovacic. 

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

Anybody but Jorginho. Is Bakayoko still on the team? then play him next to Kovacic. 

Without Kante, yes, we seem poor defensively. But come on man. Baka? Seriously? Atleast jorginho can pass, baka would be the worst thing for this team

NikkiCFC likes this

31 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Without Kante, yes, we seem poor defensively. But come on man. Baka? Seriously? Atleast jorginho can pass, baka would be the worst thing for this team

Who care that Jorginho can pass. We don't need passer. We need a destroyer. 

Not his best game today a bit of a passager. But ot was the kind of game where i would have liked someone with the ability to control the temponof the game. After our first half leads he should have put the foot on the brake. But yeah if we do not want to take this option, kill games with posession we dont need really him

Bosnian Blue likes this

1 hour ago, communicate said:

I have no clue why Lamp keep playing Jorginho. There is 0 reason to play jorginho in this system 

Is this a joke? How many times did he pick the ball up and play a 20 or 30m pass outwide,  through the lines or directly to the frontman today? Kovacic doesnt do it enough. In a game where your going to have all off the ball Jorginho is essential. He wasnt all that bad defensively for me its more a collective issue than individuals.

Supermonkey92 and !Hazard! like this

Thought he was terrific today. Distributed the ball really and was tenacious in trying to win it back. Him and Kovacic were great today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, communicate said:

Who care that Jorginho can pass. We don't need passer. We need a destroyer. 

I am sorry bro. If baka was actually good at it, I would have agreed. The tempo at which we play, the game would literally pass him by.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Is this a joke? How many times did he pick the ball up and play a 20 or 30m pass outwide,  through the lines or directly to the frontman today? Kovacic doesnt do it enough. In a game where your going to have all off the ball Jorginho is essential. He wasnt all that bad defensively for me its more a collective issue than individuals.

Nope he was poor. I defended Jorginho last year but this year, we can't play Jorginho . We are essentially playing 442 with mount playing behind a striker. Your 2 cm need to protect your d line otherwise it was too easy for your opp to pick up the ball and just run at your d line. 

3 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

I am sorry bro. If baka was actually good at it, I would have agreed. The tempo at which we play, the game would literally pass him by.

What I need from Baka is to just sit in front of the defense and let kante/kova bring the ball forward 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

Nope he was poor. I defended Jorginho last year but this year, we can't play Jorginho . We are essentially playing 442 with mount playing behind a striker. Your 2 cm need to protect your d line otherwise it was too easy for your opp to pick up the ball and just run at your d line. 

We must of watched different games then. Norwich played through us but its more tactical and a collective problem as we seem to press in a group of 4 or 5 with 5 behind the ball as opposed to as a team. Thats why the spaces are too big. 4 or 5 go and then theres lots of room for teams to utilize and youve basically got Jorginho and Kovacic, who both arent amazingly defensively but again arent exactly piss poor, trying to defend in a situation where they will be outnumbered or isolated more than often. 

If you want your team to be progressive and dominate the ball, Jorginho is an essential out of squad. Thats why I dont get why you are insistent on dropping him. Last season was the same, it was a collective issue than individuals with regards to defending and pressing.