Jorginho

Unionjack

2 hours ago, the wes said:

If Jorginho didn't have No qualities why did pep want him so badly I rather take pep judgement of a player than a pundit who works in America to be a football pundit cause he can't get a pundit job in England 

Saying that JT just took a pundit job in Egypt

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Apparently had 100+ touches today. When was the last time a non-defender, hell ANY Chelsea player had 100+ touches in a game vs the big 6? Certainly not under the previous regimes. Normally it was Courtois with the most touches :lol: 

Hopefully those days are gone and never to be remembered. No doubt Jorginho is one of the best deep-lying playmakers in world football. Still needs to adjust to the speed and tempo of the English game though. 

Its crazy. Even Alonso had more than 100. And Kovacic had 54 in half an hour..

I'm still think right now he creates more problems than anything. When Arsenal was creating chances for fun in the end of 1st half, Jorginho was completely lost, marking no one, he can't win any 1vs1 battle, he can't harass the opponents. In the second half he have an assist to Abumayang, and he was lucky that was a soft off-side. I'm not really concerned about the number of touches, to be honest.

Just now, Henrique said:

I'm still think right now he creates more problems than anything. When Arsenal was creating chances for fun in the end of 1st half, Jorginho was completely lost, marking no one, he can't win any 1vs1 battle, he can't harass the opponents. In the second half he have an assist to Abumayang, and he was lucky that was a soft off-side. I'm not really concerned about the number of touches, to be honest.

Come on, there is no such thing as "soft offside".  It is either off side or it isn't.

I agree that he is really poor defensively.  He seems to scramble out of position often and nobody presses with him.  I wonder if this has something to do with the team getting used to a new pressing system.  He also does not track back well. He is honestly just a bit slow and it leaves lots of space at the top of the box.

That said, The number of touches matters a lot.  He controlled this game at times and was brilliant when he did. He also is constantly helping out teammates with instructions of where to move and pass. He does need to adjust defensively, but he is top class.

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

Whilst it is clear that Sarri has some work to drill into the team regarding defensive shape, etc having a midfielder so comfortable in possession and to dictate and control the game does still help defensively. In the second half we played a far more patient game and controlled it, in doing so restricting arsenal to very little in the second half. Without someone like Jorginho and later kovacic alongside him this wouldn't be possible.

13 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Apparently had 100+ touches today. When was the last time a non-defender, hell ANY Chelsea player had 100+ touches in a game vs the big 6? Certainly not under the previous regimes. Normally it was Courtois with the most touches :lol: 

Marcos Alonso also had over 100

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284754/Live/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Chelsea-Arsenal

20 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Have you even seen a minute of Chelsea since Sarri took over? Swaping them would kill our style of play.

Yes and did you not see yesterday’s game at all? Where we were cut open time and time again and conceding 2 goals which should have been more because of no midfield presence in defence? Sarris system shouldn’t just be copy paste

41 minutes ago, AndersonBLUE said:

Hmm can we swap him and Kante around? Have Kante screen the back four and have Jorge further up the field 

yes, kante is a best DMF in the world but if you know how played Sarri's Napoli you know that jorginho have to play there!
Kante also on the left is yet the best recover balls! The problem is that the team don't know pressing all together well!
last year we played low and kante best position was front of the defence, but with now style we of coure have to improve but kante on the left is not a mistake (he will do what Allan did to napoli) with high pressing kante can recovery balls near  3/4 opponents! Probably we used only 90% of his potential defence attitude but sometimes needs done some choice and it's better loss a minumun part of kante defence (but already him will be more better on attack) but all team will play thousen times better!