test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

5. Jorginho

Started by Jason,

1,462 posts in this topic

Why couldn't Cesc play in this role?  Physical attributes roughly the same and one has a significantly better end product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't take it seriously any list of worst transfers of the PL season that don't include Jorginho. For me he is easily the worst signing of the season in the entire PL.

Bosnian Blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll not defend the player, i don't think its worth to play Kante out of position but lets talk about modern football. People should stop talking about "end product" here. Its just silly. Its not 4-4-2. Busquets scored a total of ZERO goals in La Liga this season. Fernandinho scored 1 in the PL. Casemiro scored 3(sometimes he got luck with a long range or a head).

"End product" its not relevant to analize a player in his position. Its much more important the fact he is easily bullied, is slow and can't cover for the mistakes when the team lose the ball.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/04/2019 at 3:51 AM, Stats said:

How opinions from fans change, wow. I remember early stages of the season, when Stewart Robson criticized the transfer and said he did not thought Jorginho had the qualities to be a DM. The amount of fans who was slating Robson, stating that he has no clue etc,. It just shows how fans are very quick to change opinion. Who would have thought few months down the line, fans would be stating Robson was proved right...

Opinions change after more information. Jorginho was class in Serie A, had great reputation, good skills in FM and FIFA (I presume, I don't play them), was wanted by Guardiola and Sarri, and cost a lot of money. It was a positive preconception after our last season's failures, so a player of that background was literally seen as a saviour from several levels above anything we had. Now that he hasn't lived up to expectations in games we have all watched and scrutinized, opinions have changed. It's nothing out of the ordinary, nothing wrong with that. Things change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, manpe said:

Opinions change after more information. Jorginho was class in Serie A, had great reputation, good skills in FM and FIFA (I presume, I don't play them), was wanted by Guardiola and Sarri, and cost a lot of money. It was a positive preconception after our last season's failures, so a player of that background was literally seen as a saviour from several levels above anything we had. Now that he hasn't lived up to expectations in games we have all watched and scrutinized, opinions have changed. It's nothing out of the ordinary, nothing wrong with that. Things change.

I am not denying that. It is just that people had already made their mind up after 1 month that he was a top signing and Robson was a madman. Few months down the line, I am just pointing out the big difference in opinion. I think he is a good player. In City he would look quality but he is being exposed right now. And if I am being honest, I do find fans on here very knee-jerk. They change opinions way too quickly. Not defending Jorginho but it is his first season here and it is a new system for the team and a lot of players adjusting to different style of football. But seems majority of people have made their minds up.

OneMoSalah, Dylan_91 and kc_blue like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stats said:

I am not denying that. It is just that people had already made their mind up after 1 month that he was a top signing and Robson was a madman. Few months down the line, I am just pointing out the big difference in opinion. I think he is a good player. In City he would look quality but he is being exposed right now. And if I am being honest, I do find fans on here very knee-jerk. They change opinions way too quickly. Not defending Jorginho but it is his first season here and it is a new system for the team and a lot of players adjusting to different style of football. But seems majority of people have made their minds up.

If he bounces back next season and plays well their opinions aill change again. Seen it with Drogba before poor first season before rapidly improving in the following seasons. Think hes a very good player and I doubt a coach like Guardiola gushing about him after Napoli played them in the CL last season and desperately wanting to sign him in the summer can justify him being a very bad player. Considering the fact Peps worked with players like Busquets, Xavi Alonso, Fernandinho who play in that role. But until Jorginho plays consistently well here there will always be scrutiny, although adapting to a faster paced league for a player with physical limitations wasnt gonna be straight forward. I think next season he will be a lot better.

Stats and kc_blue like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 2:20 PM, Henrique said:

I won't take it seriously any list of worst transfers of the PL season that don't include Jorginho. For me he is easily the worst signing of the season in the entire PL.

Worse than Fred? Behave 

Jorginho has deserved criticism. Some justified and some unjustified. 

Stats likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Worse than Fred? Behave 

Jorginho has deserved criticism. Some justified and some unjustified. 

Yes. Jorginho is considered by the coach as a "key player" and basically the team is build around him, so Jorginho is a bigger failure imo.

Bosnian Blue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Yes. Jorginho is considered by the coach as a "key player" and basically the team is build around him, so Jorginho is a bigger failure imo.

Built around him yet are on the verge of making two cup finals and finishing top 4..... What a failure :lol:

Fred, in every sense, is an appalling footballer. You have a clear, and rather annoying agenda. 

nyikolajevics likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Built around him yet are on the verge of making two cup finals and finishing top 4..... What a failure :lol:

Fred, in every sense, is an appalling footballer. You have a clear, and rather annoying agenda. 

Fred is harldy an appalling football in my eyes. Im not sure what his best position is but he could probably do a good job as a box to box midfielder. Hes played in a 2 with Pogba, who gets license to go on ahead of him or as the deepest MF player in a midfield diamond for United in games. Think next season Fred and Jorginho will both be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Fred is harldy an appalling football in my eyes. Im not sure what his best position is but he could probably do a good job as a box to box midfielder. Hes played in a 2 with Pogba, who gets license to go on ahead of him or as the deepest MF player in a midfield diamond for United in games. Think next season Fred and Jorginho will both be better.

DLP. 

Wasteful in possession. Gives the ball away far too many times, frequently in dangerous areas. Touch is on par with Lukaku's and his decision making makes him look amateur. 60 fucking million. 

But you are right. There is no way he can get any worse...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

DLP. 

Wasteful in possession. Gives the ball away far too many times, frequently in dangerous areas. Touch is on par with Lukaku's and his decision making makes him look amateur. 60 fucking million. 

But you are right. There is no way he can get any worse...

He looks wasted deeper for United. I think hes got the skillset to play in a box to box role. Hes not amazing at one thing but he can tackle, pass, dribble and he showed at Shakhtar before he was well above that level. I think he could be a lot better next season. Another one Pep wanted before Jorginho, still surprised anybody would choose United and Jose over Pep and City these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the best BUT of he played every game like he played yesterday, I have zero issues with him. He finally went beast mode on defence amd was back to clockwork metronome running the show. Very happy with him amd RLC and Kante. Damn shame our fullbacks, Willian, Eden and Giroud didn't show up. Luiz had a few shaky moments but also had some monster blocks and AC was oki. That game was tailor made for a 60th minute CHO injection of pace.

DDA, OneMoSalah, Yeboii and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tackles won

Busquets - 85 (2.58 per game)
Jorginho - 72 (2.06 per game)
Fernandinho - 57 (1.97 per game)

Interceptions 

Jorginho - 58 (1.66 per game)
Busquets - 51 (1.55 per game)
Fernandinho - 41 (1.41 per game)

Panic and Antonio8 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abreu03 said:

Tackles won

Busquets - 85 (2.58 per game)
Jorginho - 72 (2.06 per game)
Fernandinho - 57 (1.97 per game)

Interceptions 

Jorginho - 58 (1.66 per game)
Busquets - 51 (1.55 per game)
Fernandinho - 41 (1.41 per game)

Which means nothing realy. All you have to do is watch a couple of games and see he is a liability in our defence over and over again.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2019 at 3:36 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

He just needs to get pissed off more. Someone should bash his head in in the locker room before every game. 

yes!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.