Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Anyone noticed that Sarri has been low-key diverting the blame all season? Every time we lose a game, he always talks about the players' poor mentality, attitude and nothing about what he did etc. If it had been Mourinho or Conte...

Because we all know that is true. Same players that drop in performance for two of those managers. Did it for Mourinho, for Conte and now Sarri. They will do the same for any new manager that comes in. 

If he thinks its tough to motivate the players then maybe he should advise the club to sell some them and change the dynamic.

Some of the guys have been here for a long time with mixed levels of success. Sir Alex Ferguson was always unbelievable at breaking up a successful squad or team when the point was right. Maybe its time to consider letting a few guys go, guys whos heads are perhaps not fully in it, because we cant keep having this swapping managers but players still not being motivated. Coaches have to motivate yes but if players can only be motivated for a short spell what's the point? Their obviously not hungry or have the desire to compete year in year out. Or to push to a higher level.

From the first minute, once again, we started slow. They ruffled us, Luiz passed a shit ball inside and we looked clueless.

Slow starts, average players, beaten by Arsenal = theme

Just now, Special Juan said:

He's not better than Salah, in fact he's actually not any better than David Silva who's approaching the end of his life at City. Right now people are putting Hazard on this big fuck off pedestal once again, he's good, but he ain't that good.

There is a fucking good link up striker on the bench in Giroud that linked up pretty well with him earlier in the season, but isn't that up to Sarri again? Higuain will not mask the issues in this team, he will merely become a focal point, but a focal point is nothing without service. Our LB is shite, out number 10 is in and out, our 22 is garbage and we have midfield players without a fucking clue.

Salah has yet to win zilch for Liverpool as their marquee player. Nothing. And you're crowning him? Are you seriously going to compare what Hazard has done for us and in the PL to what Salah has achieved? He has 4 team of the year appearances in 6 years and has multiple player of the year accolades including 2 top 2 finishes in the last 4 years.

No other PL player comes close to his records in England besides De Gea and Kane and both have 1  PL title between them. Hazard has won 2 titles, winning both as the best player in England.

David Silva? Boy, you seriously are reaching with that one. That's an embarrassing take, Juan. You're better than this.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I'll say this again. Sarri has never won a trophy in his managerial career. "We still got EL" doesn't give me any kind of confidence.

"But there's always a first time!" Fair enough, like there's always a first time for Spuds and Poch right? Nah, when we get to the EL final, THEN you can throw that at me.

Just one game? Just one game? I feel like screaming inside seriously. It's not just one game or even two.

And for the patience thing. Patience doesn't always mean "the rewards are coming". Just look at Alvaro Morata, Bakayoko, AVB and all other failed 'patience' members.

Well you have less patience then me. 

Because for the record I wanted to keep Conte, despite how woeful we was. I knew the problem was the same thing that Sarris is saying. 

But Conte was a fool for always having a go at the board. You can't win in this club by doing that. 

I genuinely feel that the club also want to have patience, but could not do it with the past 2 managers because of how they went about. Sarri is much easier to handle and because of that I would not be surprise that he is still here come next season. 

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Because we all know that is true. Same players that drop in performance for two of those managers. Did it for Mourinho, for Conte and now Sarri. They will do the same for any new manager that comes in. 

Yeah but all too convenient of an excuse to use after a bad defeat, especially when he has pretended like his tactics, team selections haven't been the issue. It's basically him indirectly saying "It's not my fault, it's theirs". Straight out of Mourinho's playbook.

Thing is even if finish top 4 unless something happens in the summer window or things change it'll be pointless. We can't compete and probably be back in Europa after the group stages. 

The way we've fallen. Quickly as well. Maybe a wake up call.. Probably not. 

1 shot in the last 10 ish minutes .. 60% what is the point?! 

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Salah has yet to win zilch for Liverpool as their marquee player. Nothing. And you're crowning him? Are you seriously going to compare what Hazard has done for us and in the PL to what Salah has achieved? He has 4 team of the year appearances in 6 years and has multiple player of the year accolades including 2 top 2 finishes in the last 4 years.

No other PL player comes close to his records in England besides De Gea and Kane and both have 1  PL title between them. Hazard has won 2 titles, winning both as the best player in England.

David Silva? Boy, you seriously are reaching with that one. That's an embarrassing take, Juan. You're better than this.

I'm giving big credit to Salah like he deserves, like I did with Hazard in seasons gone by. Salah was given away by this club, went away, came back has been nothing short of top class since coming from Roma, so much so Jose Mourinho has nearly cried about him in his latest interview. You mention Kane, even he's been top class the last few seasons, I mean has Hazard been outshone by both? Yes he has. I mean if we are talking consistency should he not be up there with them both? He hasn't has he?

15 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Tbf I dont think for Chelsea, Eden has really improved a huge deal in the last 2 seasons. He seems to have hit a wall here, a level which he's clearly content to be at, although when hes onform hes one of the best in Europe but that consistency to deliver at that level has never been there, even in title winning seasons, he still yoyos his performances a lot. Good for 2 or 3 games then average for 2 or 3. In those poor seasons under Mourinho and Conte, he was very much below average 75% of the time, which for a world class player is not acceptable. You cant always blame who he to play with, he openly admitted last season he hadn't been playing well for 3 months in the winter time. How many world class players go on a 3 month bad spell?

I really really dont think hed be any better at a Real or Barca if he was playing at his highest level like when he does here. Weird though He always seems to go up a gear for Belgium and their team is hardly that much better than ours.

No doubts about David Silva for me, he is one of the best PL players at the moment, still gutted we never got him back when City leapfrogged us to get him all those years ago. I think he'll always be quite an underrated player for non City fans but I would argue hes been one of the best PL players for a lot of years now. Hes everything Mata would of been if he could retain the ball very well under pressure. Football intelligence, great final pass, scores goals, good dribbler... under Pep hes gotten even better playing in that team as an 8 really.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

I'm giving big credit to Salah like he deserves, like I did with Hazard in seasons gone by. Salah was given away by this club, went away, came back has been nothing short of top class since coming from Roma, so much so Jose Mourinho has nearly cried about him in his latest interview. You mention Kane, even he's been top class the last few seasons, I mean has Hazard been outshone by both? Yes he has. I mean if we are talking consistency should he not be up there with them both? He hasn't has he?

Hazard has been hampered by both Conte and Sarri in the last 2 seasons. Just play him in his right position and he'll be alright. He was the best player at the World Cup and arguably the best player on the planet or at worst top 2 just about a month/6 weeks ago. Then Sarri started tampering with his position like Conte did in 17/18.

Hazard has already shown many times that he doesn't have the qualities to play as a striker. He likes to drop deep to recieve the ball and run at players. Sarri has taken that away from him like Conte did last year. He was by far the best player in the PL in his correct position just a few months ago despite playing with inferior players and a new tactical system (to Salah).

If you can't see that then its your problem. But when Higuain comes back and Hazard is back in his normal position and starts balling again. Don't jump back on the Hazard train.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf I dont think for Chelsea, Eden has really improved a huge deal in the last 2 seasons. He seems to have hit a wall here, a level which he's clearly content to be at, although when hes onform hes one of the best in Europe but that consistency to deliver at that level has never been there, even in title winning seasons, he still yoyos his performances a lot. Good for 2 or 3 games then average for 2 or 3. I really dont think hed be any better at a Real or Barca if he was playing at his highest level like when he does here. He always seems to go up a gear for Belgium and their team is hardly that much better than ours.

No doubts about David Silva for me, he is one of the best PL players at the moment, still gutted we never got him back when City leapfrogged us to get him all those years ago. I think he'll always be quite an underrated player for non City fans but I would argue hes been one of the best PL players for a lot of years now.

And here comes the resident Hazard hater. You're a bigger fan of Salah, a player who plays for the enemy than you are a fan of Hazard, one of the greatest players to wear a Chelsea shirt.

Thanks goodness 99% of this forum are reasonable people and recognize him as the best in in the PL. I won't criticize Hazard playing out of position as a striker after two average performances.

And the fact you think the Belgian national team is "hardly" better than ours kind of says it all.

I'll let you have the last word cus I know that's what you really want.

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Hazard has been hampered by both Conte and Sarri in the last 2 seasons. Just play him in his right position and he'll be alright. He was the best player at the World Cup and arguably the best player on the planet or at worst top 2 just about a month/6 weeks ago. Then Sarri started tampering with his position like Conte did in 17/18.

Hazard has already shown many times that he doesn't have the qualities to play as a striker. He likes to drop deep to recieve the ball and run at players. Sarri has taken that away from him like Conte did last year. He was by far the best player in the PL in his correct position just a few months ago despite playing with inferior players and a new tactical system (to Salah).

If you can't see that then its your problem. But when Higuain comes back and Hazard is back in his normal position and starts balling again. Don't jump back on the Hazard train.

I've been off the Hazard train for weeks/months if you hadn't read around. I just do not rate him as highly as yourself and others, it really isn't a crime, but you'd think it by the reactions around here.

Each to their own though eh