Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

8 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Get in!

So excited for the matches to start.  Let's go!

So am I now but still hoping we aint done yet bud!

Dont know how some are saying they're calm cause I'm buzzin my tits off! Not been this excited since we got Diego and Cescy!

30 minutes ago, Mana said:

Disagree. We have no serious talent in the striking role. And if we sell Courtois, no talent in GK either.

Striker and GK are IMO the top two roles you need to win the title. World class GK would make incredible saves that make or break us. We also need a 20+ goal player at the other end, otherwise we would struggle to win titles. Maybe even top 4, since every other top 6 club has at least one 20+ goal player.

Morata and Giroud maybe probably be enough to scrap top 4. Maybe, because I'm looking at other top 5 clubs and I don't think we are better than them in that area.

You're opinions on the strikers is harsher than most but those are your personal opinions. I agree we need a better effort from Morata this year if we were to keep him, Giroud is a solid option. Hazard will need to look for goal more if they can't hit the numbers necessary. Higuain is being floated if Morata does want to leave, that surely solves the problem. Also, Sarri might be able to increase production from a goal rate due to his system. These are all questions that need to be answered.

We currently have Courtois and if he is to leave I am confident Chelsea will bring in a goalkeeper at the level that is required. We have had Cech and Courtois since Roman took over, thats a sustained period of world class goalkeeping. I have faith in the club about this position.

My initial point was we have capable(depending on personal opinion) players available in every role except Jorginho. Now we have him, I am exciting as a Chelsea supporter and curious to see the rest of our summer business!

23 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So am I now but still hoping we aint done yet bud!

Dont know how some are saying they're calm cause I'm buzzin my tits off! Not been this excited since we got Diego and Cescy!

For sure.  But, I want to see everyone in action.  There will be plenty of time (hopefully) to see the finished article.  I'm really excited to watch the progress/process as well as some of the bench/rotation players.  I'm actually (oddly) excited to see Barkley.  I'd love to see where he plays and how he plays.  He really seems like a good fit (especially as a rotational player) for the Hamsik role (though I've been watching some Napoli matches and Hamsik is really underrated, his technique is ridiculous).

5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

impressed with our overseas members with their English

I agree mate.I think many of them speak or should I say TEXT better English than me lol

I have had a couple of messages now and then by peeps asking me what a certain word or phrase meant. But when I've explained they always agree.

Its just sometimes we get texting the same way as we speak. Just a shame I cant add a luvly London accent!

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

His English sounds good.

The really good thing there is it didn't need subtitles, his English is excellent and speaks it better than people from Liverpool.

He talked well, the bit I loved was about Jorginho, he's not a physical player but a technical player, he plays in the mind. The next bit was also also about playing quickly and how he constantly spoke about 'his style' 'my football'

They always say the right things in a first interview, but I am so looking forward to seeing how he gets us playing.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

I'm not being harsh. I'm being real, and looking at reality of this.

We certainly do need better effort from Morata, and when I mean better, I mean extraordinarily better than what he did last season.

Giroud is an option, but I'll not be jumping off my seat for him. Most teams are not going to fear Giroud.

You're right we do need a better effort from Morata, Giroud is an option but I think he is a strong option. He might not bang 20g but he is a useful player who makes other around him better. If Conte were still the coach I'd say Morata would face another difficult season as he is not a target man. Morata however has the skillset to potentially be dangerous in a more free flowing attacking system. As i said, we will see once Sarri hits the ground running and the transfer window closes how we are set up. But we are in a period of unknowns right now so I think we are both equally correct as neither can be proven right or wrong until the games starting piling up and we see.

10 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Talking of English I have to say I'm always impressed with our overseas members with their English I did three years of Spanish at school and all I can remember is how to count to 20 and a few swear words. It does make me laugh when they use English slang or phrases the highlight for me was some poster saying we were poor piss today :D

Haha, yeah it's amazing.  I live in a bi-lingual country (technically) and have taken Spanish and French at school (albeit ages ago).  My ability to pick up languages and retain anything is hopeless.  I'm decent at charades, and that seems to get me by in other countries.

9 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Haha, yeah it's amazing.  I live in a bi-lingual country (technically) and have taken Spanish and French at school (albeit ages ago).  My ability to pick up languages and retain anything is hopeless.  I'm decent at charades, and that seems to get me by in other countries.

Spanish is alright to start with, I found the basic words and sentences pretty easy, it's when the adjectives and nouns come into play it becomes a total mind fuck.

His English is very good. i knew he could speak the language, but I just assumed at a basic level like Ancelotti and Conte could do when they were first unveiled. He already seems far ahead of them and will only help him getting his ideas across to the players far quicker.

From that interview you can tell that he is aware of how big an opportunity this is for him and that he'll give everything he's got to make it work. I have no doubt in time he'll have us playing a very attractive brand of football. I believe this will give him some time with both the board and the fans if people can enjoy what is being served. However that will only last so long, and even more so at a club as demanding at Chelsea. He is fortunate to have already here a core group of players that have won trophies in the past and are capable of dealing with those pressures.

Hopefully that mixed with Sarri's football philosophy will be enough to give an attractive, attacking and winning Chelsea moving forward.

Really impressed with that first interview. Comes across very likeable and I think he will have a good rapport with the players. I like that he emphasises fun as well as hard work, that should be a little different to the approach that’s upset some players the past season.

cautiously optimistic . Good luck Sarri and up the blues!!!

I agree with others, his English is surprisingly good for a 60-year old Italian and I'm sure he will be able to pick up more very quickly since he's at such a good level already. Also comes across as genuinely likeable character. Can't wait to see the team playing 'his football'!!

Btw, is it just me or does he sound just like Zlatan :D

Holy shit, his English is excellent! Significantly better than Conte's already and will only improve. Credit Antonio for trying, but he was visibly fighting with his mind to force out sentences in English. Every press conference and interview was a struggle. For example, each time he was asked a question you'd see him pause for a good few seconds to really think about what he was trying to say. It meant that I rarely ever watched his pressers.

Sarri has got a certain calm coolness about him. Like a dude who has seen it all. In a different way than Conte, he seems like the sort of coach who will command instant respect from the players.