test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

640 posts in this topic

This will be interesting. A little bit naive as managers go, which is why he never won the serie A. Still prefer Conte over him, that man has an unchallenged drive to win.
Will also be interesting to see what hell'manage to do with all the brain dead footballers we have at this club, and only two midfielders.
Anyway, he won't last more than two seasons, hope he won't damage his reputation more than needed while he stays.
Welcome and good luck!

bigbluewillie and Johnnyeye like this

14 hours ago, milka said:

Thing is Sarri has won fuck all playing it

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Thing is Sarri has won fuck all playing it

It is difficult when they've got Juventus in their league, who went and took their best player in Higuain. Perhaps they should have gone for one of the cups but I don't think they have huge squad depth and have focused primarily on the league from what I understand.

The development in that Napoli team compared to when Benitez was there is clear to see, and I rate Benitez as a very good coach.

I think if we got into a position where we had a chance of winning a trophy, despite Sarri's lack of experience getting over the line, our squad has got plenty of it so I would not be worried about that.

Well all this time he is basically hired to fully utilized all limited resources one club have, and he is doing tremendous jobs here and there. He never get a big sum of transfer budget before, so it is very interesting to see how the things going with our transfer activity.

7 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Probably has more to do with Juventus being like Golden State when it comes to hoarding the talent in the league and dominating...

Nah, he got found out in the last few days of the serie A this season. He should have tweaked the system a touch and he would've won.

57 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Well all this time he is basically hired to fully utilized all limited resources one club have, and he is doing tremendous jobs here and there. He never get a big sum of transfer budget before, so it is very interesting to see how the things going with our transfer activity.

Already we sign Jorginho at 65m€

napoli can’t sign world class players that’s why never get a big budget.

we probably spend :200++ m€

rugani,golovin,higuain ,Allison and  2 wingers (if hazard andWillian leave)

RoyalBlues likes this

4 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Already we sign Jorginho at 65m€

napoli can’t sign world class players that’s why never get a big budget.

we probably spend :200++ m€

rugani,golovin,higuain ,Allison and  2 wingers (if hazard andWillian leave)

The crazy thing is that with Hazard money only, we could buy 3-4 top players. We're definitely need to upgrade some positions, and yes we lose Hazard, but we will have a better squad if we spend it right.

Dimitr and Unionjack like this

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This transfer window will put to bed the myth that is us not spending, it's started quite brilliantly by signing one of the best midfielders in Europe.

If we spend it will be because Eden and Tibo leave

If they stay I don't see Chelsea spending a lot relative to other clubs like Liverpool, United and City

Supermonkey92 likes this

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This transfer window will put to bed the myth that is us not spending, it's started quite brilliantly by signing one of the best midfielders in Europe.

And now we have a pair of them!!

361c9b77ae6bd844bd6d5b454368011e.gif

11Drogba likes this

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

If we spend it will be because Eden and Tibo leave

If they stay I don't see Chelsea spending a lot relative to other clubs like Liverpool, United and City

That's the irony, both want the club to spend big to stay, but if both stay we will not spend big, anyway if both leave we will spend big :lol:

2 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

That's the irony, both want the club to spend big to stay, but if both stay we will not spend big, anyway if both leave we will spend big :lol:

we will still spend big even if both stays... Latest link to SMS...and maybe Leon Bailey plus Rugani.... 

It is a completely new era for our club with an innovative manager and for me the closest one to Pep Guardiola in world football. It's funny how four or five months ago I was watching Napoli almost every week-end and I was saying to myself "Wow if there is the slightest of chances of getting Sarri, Chelsea should jump right on it". And a few months later the club did make their move once this man was on the market. Kudos to the board for being brave here in appointing somebody that's playing a risky type of football that will surely entertain the fans, but will need some time until he gets his ideas straight make no mistake. The football he is going to implement it's not something you learn over a week and I wish people will be patient with him. 

On Hazard & Courtois - If their minds are not with Chelsea anymore I'd let them go and let Sarri pick their replacements. My perfect example is Sarri's Napoli and especially their front three of Insigne, Mertens and Callejon. For me Insigne is a good player but probably one of the most selfish ones I've seen since watching this game of football. Callejon is a bit useless if you ask me and Mertens a decent winger turned centre forward. None of these are star players, nor ones that you'd wish to sign them the first day as the transfer window opens, but still they looked like world beaters in Sarri's system. Think Sarri will do just fine replacing Hazard with somebody that would fit his tactics.

I'd let Willian go, too and bring in some fresh young blood, think we'd do with someone in the mould of Leroy Sane, some explosive wingers, maybe the likes of Leon Bailey and there's plenty others for sure that I can't think of at the moment but Bailey would be my absolute dream signing such a top talent the next Robben in the making.

Footballover and kellzfresh like this