Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

I am far from convinced of Lampard as I have stated numerous times, but the more I hear of Allegri, Marcos Silva, Rafa, Mourinho, etc. I am hoping on the Lampard fast, Ten Hag is the best name we have been linked with, and that has been very little.

I feel that Ten Haag would fail spectacularly just as Bosch did at BVB. We would collapse defensively. I think Allegri is the only way we can win things in the next few years. With Hazard gone we have basically a mid-table squad with luxurious depth. Our only world class player is Kante with Kepa and Rüdiger coming closest, all more defensvie than offensive players. So IMO our new manager should know how to build a team around a defensive foundation. Allegri does.

When Conte came here we ripped up the league without major spending and with inferior squads compard to the Manc teams. We did so because his tactics here caught the league on the wrong foot and once they adapted we were out of reach. Now without the quality of Costa and hazard, the only way i see us reaching top 4 is grinding out results. Allegri managed to teach Juve 3 different formations in no time. If he can recreate that here, i think we have a chance to reach top 4 adn win the odd cup. If ofc our objective is to transform into this bullshit posession football philosophy then he might not be the right man. But neither is Lampard or Ten haag. Lampard is out of his depth given the situation. Even if he will be given time and no title objectives, he might very well lose the players with all the rotten illoyal guys we still have at the club and can not get rid of. You can not transform the identity of a club without buying and selling players. If this is really what we want then prepare to suffer, because continuing Sarris work here wil make us uncompetitive for years. Now, we still have time to revert ot what we are good at.

Doesn't matter who it is in all honesty, the maximum they get is 2 years at best, then it's the chop.

It's just one big managerial carousel. We could appoint Kermit The Frog, it really doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I feel that Ten Haag would fail spectacularly just as Bosch did at BVB. We would collapse defensively. I think Allegri is the only way we can win things in the next few years. With Hazard gone we have basically a mid-table squad with luxurious depth. Our only world class player is Kante with Kepa and Rüdiger coming closest, all more defensvie than offensive players. So IMO our new manager should know how to build a team around a defensive foundation. Allegri does.

When Conte came here we ripped up the league without major spending and with inferior squads compard to the Manc teams. We did so because his tactics here caught the league on the wrong foot and once they adapted we were out of reach. Now without the quality of Costa and hazard, the only way i see us reaching top 4 is grinding out results. Allegri managed to teach Juve 3 different formations in no time. If he can recreate that here, i think we have a chance to reach top 4 adn win the odd cup. If ofc our objective is to transform into this bullshit posession football philosophy then he might not be the right man. But neither is Lampard or Ten haag. Lampard is out of his depth given the situation. Even if he will be given time and no title objectives, he might very well lose the players with all the rotten illoyal guys we still have at the club and can not get rid of. You can not transform the identity of a club without buying and selling players. If this is really what we want then prepare to suffer, because continuing Sarris work here wil make us uncompetitive for years. Now, we still have time to revert ot what we are good at.

Spot on man, with the ban its Allegri for me.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yeah i am going to say hiring Allegri is a terrible idea when placed in a similar situation at Milan after the sale of Ibra he almost got them relegated. 

I have to disagree, respectfully. Every match counts. Not Sarri’s fault we were in the Europa League competition. 

Just can’t remember when was the last time we ever won a trophy easy like this one. And without this/his amazing record from this season we wouldn’t had another Europan trophy today.

I guess we’ll never find out how things would work out for Chelsea with a better squad under Maurizio Sarri.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I think the club knew the ban was remaining and so Sarri on the back of that wanted out. Can't blame him, especially with Juve calling.

Exactly. He just chose the path of least resistance like his friend Pep is doing his whole career. 

3 hours ago, zekinjo said:

I have to disagree, respectfully. Every match counts. Not Sarri’s fault we were in the Europa League competition. 

Just can’t remember when was the last time we ever won a trophy easy like this one. And without this/his amazing record from this season we wouldn’t had another Europan trophy today.

I guess we’ll never find out how things would work out for Chelsea with a better squad under Maurizio Sarri.

Wins are wins but they don't change the fact that the comparison with Mourinho's first season numbers is dumb. One manager in the top level European competition while the other managed in the second tier European competition and barely faced any tough sides. The numbers make Sarri look great but some context needed. 

And the fact Mourinho had prime Lampard, Makelele, Terry+Carvalho, Robben, Cole, Duff, Drogba, Gudjohnsen whereas Sarri had Hazard, Willian, Pedro, Giroud...
A guy that's won everything, a WC winner & arguably the best player in the league. I do agree that Sarri had it tough. [emoji1]

Doesn't matter who it is in all honesty, the maximum they get is 2 years at best, then it's the chop.
It's just one big managerial carousel. We could appoint Kermit The Frog, it really doesn't matter.
Someone has to buck the trend eventually.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Wins are wins but they don't change the fact that the comparison with Mourinho's first season numbers is dumb. One manager in the top level European competition while the other managed in the second tier European competition and barely faced any tough sides. The numbers make Sarri look great but some context needed. 

Definitely Europa competition should be noted against Sarri, but so should the fact Mourinho had a much superior and super team at his disposal. Context is needed in both situation. 

Opinion: Chelsea right to be letting Maurizio Sarri go as veteran gaffer nears Juventus job

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/chelsea/opinion-chelsea-right-to-be-letting-maurizio-sarri-go-as-veteran-gaffer-nears-juventus-job

Although nothing is yet official, Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri remains on the verge of being announced as the new manager of Italian giants Juventus.

The 61-year-old has moved out of his home near the Blues’ training ground and back to his house in Tuscany ahead of the move which will involve £5m in compensation.

snip

On 12/06/2019 at 8:56 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Exactly. He just chose the path of least resistance like his friend Pep is doing his whole career. 

🤣

Least resistance, so you think hes just leaving purely because Juventus is an "easy option?"....

Theres much more to it. Its clear a large selection of supporters dont want him and havent since the dip in December. Transfer ban (which was the clubs own doing) is basically putting the handbreak on us from potentially improving. Its clear based on comments he made before the EL final that he needed to know that that one game didnt define his season or how the club felt regarding his season. Fuck knows how his end of season meeting went, I honestly think it would have very much been a trainwreck 🤣 regardless Sarri getting up and wanting to leave is probably on the club more than on him, lets be frankly honest. The arrogance of some of our fans is audacious. Better managers than Sarri would probably do the same. Conte was rumoured to have considered resigning after his first year (after winning a PL).... if that was true, which based on how our second season under Conte went, sounds about right. When has a manager ever decided he wants to leave in the Roman era and actually did it?

Also Pep "easy option"? Did you see what he did at Barcelona? He dumped big big players like Deco, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Zambrotta, Edmilson, Eider Gudjohnsen, Yaya Toure, who had made key components of that team for years and made Barcelona better. Bayern also havent been anywhere near as good since Pep left which shows how much he improved them and got out of a squad which is still not exactly hugely different. Sure City have cash to spend but it still takes a lot to win a treble in England, in that sort of fashion, scoring that many goals etc. Pep isnt everyones cup of tea I get that but easy route? Please. We spent lots of money in the 2000s when Roman came in, were winning a lot of trophies from 2004/05 onwards, were we an easy route too for other managers? Dont be daft. Its no fluke Pep has won god knows how many trophies just like its no fluke Mourinho has won so many or Sir Alex or whoever. Great managers have trophy cabinets to back it up.