test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,536 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Thats not what I wanted to say.

We will have hard time next season against west ham and top4 anyway, playing pragmatic style or going out with youth.

Thing is working on youth will give us better foundations for season after the next. 

The only important thing next season is to continue playing modern football and develop young players. That will be our future. Forget the top 4, forget the CL. We need to focus on style and youth. So that we can build on that next summer, bringing whoever needs to be brought to begin completing us. Thats another reason to stick with same manager who will know what we are missing and what we have instead of wasting another year. 

Maybe not everyone will be world class, but good enough potential to eventualy build a title winning team with the likes of Odoi, Ruben, Christensen/Zouma, James, Pulisic and wild cards like Mount, Tomori and Tammy. 

If we can pull it off, I couldnt care less about results next season because this is project is about our next 5 years, not next season.

Fair enough.

What I'm still scratching my head around is why Lampard of all people. No experience on the top level, took Derby from 6th to 6th etc.

"But there's nobody else!" Oh there certainly is. Eddie Howe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Fair enough.

What I'm still scratching my head around is why Lampard of all people. No experience on the top level, took Derby from 6th to 6th etc.

 

Club connection, club legend, a good first season with Derby, won't come with his hand open with transfer funds in mind because it's off the agenda. This a dream job for Frank, and like we say with the youth lads, how do you gain experience if your not given the opportunity? The same applies to managers, not just that but last season during tough times Frank was sublime with the media, came across calm, well spoken and has the respect of the whole of the people who surround him.

It sounds like some familiar faces are on the way back, good, this club really needs a restructure and the more football people here who have both done it, and seen it, the better. Whats important if Frank comes is allow him to adapt his style, create a group that fight and work for each other, connect with the fans and integrate the young lads who are the future of the club.

 

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Club connection

So did Di Matteo...

34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

club legend,

How does being a club legend help anything? It adds NOTHING on the pitch.

34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

a good first season with Derby,

No, Derby didn't have a good first season. They are still in Championship.

34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

won't come with his hand open with transfer funds in mind because it's off the agenda.

...which is why this is a bad time for him to come. Unless, you want us to become Derby County?

34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This a dream job for Frank, and like we say with the youth lads, how do you gain experience if your not given the opportunity? The same applies to managers, not just that but last season during tough times Frank was sublime with the media, came across calm, well spoken and has the respect of the whole of the people who surround him.

A dream job that came too early. How do you gain experience? Let me tell you how. FINISH THE PROJECT YOU HAVE STARTED WITH DERBY. Don't just abandon it. You failed to promote Derby to the Championship, try again. That's when we will know if Lampard has learnt a lot of things, or he is just a stagnated coach with no plan B.

At least you can point to players like RLC who had YEARS of experience on the pitch. Lampard just one as coach. One.

34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It sounds like some familiar faces are on the way back,

What you fail to see, is that bringing back familiar faces is playing on the nostalgia card. We had/have plenty of legends returning to clubs as coaches such as Di Matteo, Ole, Dalglish, Gullit etc. who did the same thing. 

34 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

this club really needs a restructure and the more football people here who have both done it, and seen it, the better. Whats important if Frank comes is allow him to adapt his style, create a group that fight and work for each other, connect with the fans and integrate the young lads who are the future of the club.

But Lampard hasn't done it enough. He doesn't know the pressure of the PL, he doesn't know how to handle a PL club, it's all new to him. And being a head coach is a massive thing, way more massive than a 19 year old player stepping in on the pitch.

I'm telling you, what you're thinking is a dream scenario. When you start to see losses of 5-0 or 4-0, that's when pressure builds and going to places like Anfield, Etihad, WHL and Emirates and getting spanked by these clubs...

Will Lampard be here the following season? Sarri was on his neck when we were looking to finish 5th and no trophy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Has more experience than Guardiola when he started managing Barca 

Do you really want to go through this Pep argument again and why you can't compare?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mana said:

No, Derby didn't have a good first season. They are still in Championship.

.

with a younger team , after players left , smaller budget than rivals, and still managed to improve the playing style a lot, and progressing to the playoff final does represent some sort of progress, could have easily won it  to, if it wasn't for a terrible goalkeeping error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Do you really want to go through this Pep argument again and why you can't compare?

Yes. Why can't we compare? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mana said:

So did Di Matteo...

How does being a club legend help anything? It adds NOTHING on the pitch.

No, Derby didn't have a good first season. They are still in Championship.

...which is why this is a bad time for him to come. Unless, you want us to become Derby County?

A dream job that came too early. How do you gain experience? Let me tell you how. FINISH THE PROJECT YOU HAVE STARTED WITH DERBY. Don't just abandon it. You failed to promote Derby to the Championship, try again. That's when we will know if Lampard has learnt a lot of things, or he is just a stagnated coach with no plan B.

At least you can point to players like RLC who had YEARS of experience on the pitch. Lampard just one as coach. One.

What you fail to see, is that bringing back familiar faces is playing on the nostalgia card. We had/have plenty of legends returning to clubs as coaches such as Di Matteo, Ole, Dalglish, Gullit etc. who did the same thing. 

But Lampard hasn't done it enough. He doesn't know the pressure of the PL, he doesn't know how to handle a PL club, it's all new to him. And being a head coach is a massive thing, way more massive than a 19 year old player stepping in on the pitch.

I'm telling you, what you're thinking is a dream scenario. When you start to see losses of 5-0 or 4-0, that's when pressure builds and going to places like Anfield, Etihad, WHL and Emirates and getting spanked by these clubs...

Will Lampard be here the following season? Sarri was on his neck when we were looking to finish 5th and no trophy!

Di Matteo was a rookie and won the CL, or is that not enough:beer:

Being a legend helps massively, the respect from the fans is already there, people around the club respect him and instant support is given.

Did you see the football Derby played the teams they beat last season, including United at OT and gave us a big scare at home, at times us apart.

You want him to finish a project when his dream opportunity comes knocking, the club he scored hundreds of goals for, is idolized and the fans think he is god? Not going to happen, this is a massive chance for FL and your daft if you think he will knock it back.

If we brought in Allegri it's a risk, if we brought in Howe it's a risk, you cannot tell me that you could guarantee that both those managers would be successful 100%, everyone is a risk but your just spouting off about Frank and how bad he is going to be because he doesn't suit your appointment.

I hope to god Lampard comes here and shoves your words down your throat I really do. This club needs freshening up and there is no better candidiate with current circumstances than Frank, and forget all these high profile managers it ain't happening, we have a transfer embrago and the club needs a legend, a fresh face and new ideas.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mana said:

Do you really want to go through this Pep argument again and why you can't compare?

Depends on the context. 

Is Lampard or anyone going to win the treble with this squad? Quite clearly not but if you look at by a comparison to realistic targets then I would say there's a comparison.

Pep winning the treble with Barcelona is overachieving as I imagine the expectations of Barca that year was one of the big trophies, so in that sense the treble is overachieving. I imagine next season Lampard will be given the target of 4th place, so if he achieves that with a domestic cup or even better a deep CL run by a similar token he's overachieving.

So yes Lampard won't instantly turn us into treble winners because as you implied he doesn't have the players, but he will be given expectations in line with the quality of our squad and if he's a similar level to what Pep was in 2008 we would have a chance of meeting said expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yes. Why can't we compare? 

Ok, let's go through it again.

- Pep had no transfer ban. Lampard will.
- Pep had MESSI, Xavi, Puyol, Eto'o, Pique. Lampard will have...Willian?
- La Liga is a easier league than the PL.
- Pep took over a club that was stablised. Lampard won't.
- Pep had leaders. Lampard won't.

13 minutes ago, lucio said:

with a younger team , after players left , smaller budget than rivals, and still managed to improve the playing style a lot, and progressing to the playoff final does represent some sort of progress, could have easily won it  to, if it wasn't for a terrible goalkeeping error.

He changed Derby's style, but it wasn't all that pretty. In some games it works, in some games it's bad.

Lampard only put them one step further but the end product is the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Ok, let's go through it again.

- Pep had no transfer ban. Lampard will.
- Pep had MESSI, Xavi, Puyol, Eto'o, Pique. Lampard will have...Willian?
- La Liga is a easier league than the PL.
- Pep took over a club that was stablised. Lampard won't.
- Pep had leaders. Lampard won't.

He changed Derby's style, but it wasn't all that pretty. In some games it works, in some games it's bad.

Lampard only put them one step further but the end product is the same. 

You're giving me the team comparisons, not actual managerial comparisons.

I think before anything, we need to know what the club expects from Lampard. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Di Matteo was a rookie and won the CL, or is that not enough:beer:

And...what happened 5 months later?

Quote

Being a legend helps massively, the respect from the fans is already there, people around the club respect him and instant support is given.

This is expected from every good coach coming in including Allegri. 

Quote

Did you see the football Derby played the teams they beat last season, including United at OT and gave us a big scare at home, at times us apart.

Yes, I've seen the games. It brought a tear to my eye that he beat United. But looking at his season review, it was eh. At one point he only collected 5 points in 6 games.

Quote

You want him to finish a project when his dream opportunity comes knocking, the club he scored hundreds of goals for, is idolized and the fans think he is god? Not going to happen, this is a massive chance for FL and your daft if you think he will knock it back.

Yes I want him to finish the project. And he is daft if he comes here. Because the door will remain open for Lampard in the future. It's not NOW OR NEVER like you're trying to make it be.

Quote

If we brought in Allegri it's a risk, if we brought in Howe it's a risk, you cannot tell me that you could guarantee that both those managers would be successful 100%, everyone is a risk but your just spouting off about Frank and how bad he is going to be because he doesn't suit your appointment.

They are all risks but at least these have some GOOD back managerial history unlike Lampard.

Quote

I hope to god Lampard comes here and shoves your words down your throat I really do.

Lol. For that to happen, he has to get minimum top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You're giving me the team comparisons, not actual managerial comparisons.

I think before anything, we need to know what the club expects from Lampard. 

 

Yes and that comes with the package. Chelsea is not Pep's Barcelona. So if Pep had poor decision making, flaws, etc. the Barca squad would have bailed him out.

Here at Chelsea, we are more likely to get player errors that leads to an opposition goal, than them bailing Lampard out for his tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mana said:

Yes and that comes with the package. Chelsea is not Pep's Barcelona. So if Pep had poor decision making, flaws, etc. the Barca squad would have bailed him out.

Here at Chelsea, we are more likely to get player errors that leads to an opposition goal, than them bailing Lampard out for his tactics.

Have you seen Barca the season before Pep? They finished 3rd and won nothing. There was a disconnect between the fans and the club, which grew resentment towards Rijkaard. They sacked him, appointed someone who knew the club and the culture. This in itself had players believe in the manager and in their ability. 

Do I believe this will happen with Lampard? No, because I can't back that up. I do however know Lampard's philosophy on football, and I think it will help continue on what Sarri started. 

Again, the one thing we need to know is what the club expects from Lampard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mana said:

So did Di Matteo...

How does being a club legend help anything? It adds NOTHING on the pitch.

No, Derby didn't have a good first season. They are still in Championship.

...which is why this is a bad time for him to come. Unless, you want us to become Derby County?

A dream job that came too early. How do you gain experience? Let me tell you how. FINISH THE PROJECT YOU HAVE STARTED WITH DERBY. Don't just abandon it. You failed to promote Derby to the Championship, try again. That's when we will know if Lampard has learnt a lot of things, or he is just a stagnated coach with no plan B.

At least you can point to players like RLC who had YEARS of experience on the pitch. Lampard just one as coach. One.

What you fail to see, is that bringing back familiar faces is playing on the nostalgia card. We had/have plenty of legends returning to clubs as coaches such as Di Matteo, Ole, Dalglish, Gullit etc. who did the same thing. 

But Lampard hasn't done it enough. He doesn't know the pressure of the PL, he doesn't know how to handle a PL club, it's all new to him. And being a head coach is a massive thing, way more massive than a 19 year old player stepping in on the pitch.

I'm telling you, what you're thinking is a dream scenario. When you start to see losses of 5-0 or 4-0, that's when pressure builds and going to places like Anfield, Etihad, WHL and Emirates and getting spanked by these clubs...

Will Lampard be here the following season? Sarri was on his neck when we were looking to finish 5th and no trophy!

Mate, I'm with you in this shit.

I'm pretty sure the board is appointing Lampard because Zidane was a success with Real Madrid. 

Mana likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing I forgot about Di Matteo. At least he promoted West Brom to the PL before we hired him as caretaker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Media knows fuck all. Looks like there is a chance we won't let Sarri go, if we can't find a proper replacement. So, if we start the pre-season with Sarri, I will be happy enough.

Antonio8 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You're giving me the team comparisons, not actual managerial comparisons.

I think before anything, we need to know what the club expects from Lampard. 

 

to fight for the 4th place in EPL, and to pass through the first phase of the CL 

these should be the minimal objectives of the next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.