test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,535 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, y10edn said:

he stabilised the club, no drama like Jose and to a less extent Conte.

Stabilized the club? No drama like Mourinho/Conte?

That's kinda ironic considering we just went through another roller-coaster of a season. As Mana said above, Sarri overreacted - on his part - in the League Cup final and the day before the Europa League final. And on top of that, this was the same fella who blamed the players for the defeats we suffered - e.g the players' mentality is bad, Kante didn't follow instructions - remember that? Sound familiar? He rarely took responsibility for the defeats and put the blame on others, much like Mourinho and to an extent Conte. Only difference is he said it in a less aggressive manner than Mourinho/Conte and hence why no said anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, y10edn said:

most of you made his life difficult, hope we don't regret this. It is mad to complain as much and kick the guy around in his 1st season, like Mourinho said about Drogba's signing 'judge him when he leaves'. this guy could have built something great here. he stabilised the club, no drama like Jose and to a less extent Conte. I saw every game at home and a few away, first 10 games were good, then like all marathons, blips and turns but we came 3rd, lost on penalty to the treble champions in the c cup and won the Europa. How many of those players would Juve, Real and Barcelona come knocking for? 1-2 at most, we had a good hand but let it slipped, this is not the board, its the fans.

 

FUCK RIGHT OFF. I went to nearly all the home games last year did a few away games not as many as I hoped and to blame the fans is ridiculous. When you've paid your money your entitled to moan doesn't matter whether it's football, theatre, cinema your entitled to show your displeasure in whatever form you choose. Sarri is a cold fish you don't have to have a massive personality to be a football manager but at least occasionally show the fans your onside.

Losing to Spurs questions were being asked and then losing to Wolves, Arsenal, Bournemouth, City, United in the cup and then losing 1-0 to Cardiff before scraping a win the fans have every right to complain and I joined in against Man United in the cup and not for the first time supporting Chelsea I can tell you.

Besides if Allegri hadn't left Juve then Sarri would have been here next season. Whatever you think about Benitez he got it far worse than Sarri did the manager getting booed by the fans is the one constant in football whether you support Chelsea or Fleetwood Town.

 

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

FUCK RIGHT OFF. I went to nearly all the home games last year did a few away games not as many as I hoped and to blame the fans is ridiculous. When you've paid your money your entitled to moan doesn't matter whether it's football, theatre, cinema your entitled to show your displeasure in whatever form you choose. Sarri is a cold fish you don't have to have a massive personality to be a football manager but at least occasionally show the fans your onside.

Losing to Spurs questions were being asked and then losing to Wolves, Arsenal, Bournemouth, City, United in the cup and then losing 1-0 to Cardiff before scraping a win the fans have every right to complain and I joined in against Man United in the cup and not for the first time supporting Chelsea I can tell you.

Besides if Allegri hadn't left Juve then Sarri would have been here next season. Whatever you think about Benitez he got it far worse than Sarri did the manager getting booed by the fans is the one constant in football whether you support Chelsea or Fleetwood Town.

 

@Iggy Doonican please get your point across without telling folks to fuck off please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Sorry mate but thats like short term thinking again. Allegri comes, brings us back to 4th and sure we have CL and we can buy next season, but if you say defensive stability, you can forget on youth. James, CHO will be sacrificed for more proven players. 

And secondly, Conte didnt get the support in second season and he was also read by other teams. The defensive approach is ancient. We obviously have to move forward if we want to get somewhere.

Under Allegri, we might finish 4th, but zero future perspective. With Ten Hag, we will likely suck next year (like Pool did in the start), but our foundations would be set. 

Anyway, our board doesnt support anyone, so whoever comes will get the boot soon while Marina receives a bonus paycheck for well balanced books.

I think the posession approach is even more ancient. the key to modern football is speed and accuracy. both in mind and in the foot. Most goals come within 10 seconds of a team losing posession. The team who is sharp, quick to react and clinical in execution is the one to prevail. Liveprool won the CL like that and probably most leagues where also decided by the teams playing like this. Klopp created a team with maybe 3,4 world class players that matches peps 15 world class players squad by perfecting the transition. going from pressing to attacking to sitting deep to counter attacking. You can pass some small teams into submission but not the ones who are coached well. I rather trust Allegri get our players working like that than Ten Haag who may mould some talents into his ideas of football but we need someone to coach experienced divas like the ones we have. 

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, y10edn said:

most of you made his life difficult, hope we don't regret this. It is mad to complain as much and kick the guy around in his 1st season, like Mourinho said about Drogba's signing 'judge him when he leaves'. this guy could have built something great here. he stabilised the club, no drama like Jose and to a less extent Conte. I saw every game at home and a few away, first 10 games were good, then like all marathons, blips and turns but we came 3rd, lost on penalty to the treble champions in the c cup and won the Europa. How many of those players would Juve, Real and Barcelona come knocking for? 1-2 at most, we had a good hand but let it slipped, this is not the board, its the fans.

 

Sarri made it difficult for himself ... During the early part when teams didnt understand him Sarri managed to get wins but once his strategy was found out ... it is then he didnt have a plan B. The reason Sarri is getting the stick is because he kept trying the same thing over and over again expecting positive results. There are total of only 2 games after Nov (once the opposition read him) i.e. the City and the final of the Europa where we looked like a team other wise we were poor & it boils down to the manager. 

I also believe he could have had more players but he didnt request for more ... we got Jorginho & Higaiun who are clearly his signing, 

We only came 3rd not on our merit but on others failure ... ideally we would have finished outside the top 4 and would have made it in the CL only by virtue of Europa for which we were favs. 

So even if he goes (which i dont like abt managers) I dont think we would have missed much. 

 

Atomiswave and Magic Lamps like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Sarri made it difficult for himself ... During the early part when teams didnt understand him Sarri managed to get wins but once his strategy was found out ... it is then he didnt have a plan B. The reason Sarri is getting the stick is because he kept trying the same thing over and over again expecting positive results. There are total of only 2 games after Nov (once the opposition read him) i.e. the City and the final of the Europa where we looked like a team other wise we were poor & it boils down to the manager. 

I also believe he could have had more players but he didnt request for more ... we got Jorginho & Higaiun who are clearly his signing, 

We only came 3rd not on our merit but on others failure ... ideally we would have finished outside the top 4 and would have made it in the CL only by virtue of Europa for which we were favs. 

So even if he goes (which i dont like abt managers) I dont think we would have missed much. 

 

This we looked like shit and the amount of points we picked up in the second half of the season is shameful. The others were just as poor no denying. But if Emery in his first season and a loser mentality club, Rookie manager Ole taking over Mourinho's shit show and Spurs with all their injuries are the yardstick then good night. 

Even more shameful is however how we played against the smallest of sides with stupid errors, no clear offensive plan except giving Hazard and later RLC the ball and hope for the best. Even when we won we really rode our luck whilst most of our defeats we realyl deserved. On the surface it looks like a successful season and i am ecstatic with 3rd place and cup win but having watched 95% of our games the past 14 seasons, i rage quitted so damn often this season just because we were so gutless, frustrating, boring and one-dimensional etc  As a chelsea fan and as a football fan i will surely not miss him. 

coolhead23 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think the posession approach is even more ancient. the key to modern football is speed and accuracy. both in mind and in the foot. Most goals come within 10 seconds of a team losing posession. The team who is sharp, quick to react and clinical in execution is the one to prevail. Liveprool won the CL like that and probably most leagues where also decided by the teams playing like this. Klopp created a team with maybe 3,4 world class players that matches peps 15 world class players squad by perfecting the transition. going from pressing to attacking to sitting deep to counter attacking. You can pass some small teams into submission but not the ones who are coached well. I rather trust Allegri get our players working like that than Ten Haag who may mould some talents into his ideas of football but we need someone to coach experienced divas like the ones we have. 

The experienced divas that we have (I guess you mean Willian, Pedro,...) can all leave next season. They shouldnt be priority in coaching. We need a manager that will make the most of youth. We have at least 5 young players that could be world class or at least very good. And they could be here for a long time. 

As for attacking football, I agree with you; I meant fast Pool styled football, not possession based one.

Still Ten Hag can implement that; or Jardim. Allegri is pragmatic and would be parking the bus every second game because of the squad we have. And he isnt even that good that would  bring confidence we can end up in 4th place. Amyway Allegri is off the table, we will likely land Lamps.

He will absolutely flop if he isnt given trust and time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This we looked like shit and the amount of points we picked up in the second half of the season is shameful. The others were just as poor no denying. But if Emery in his first season and a loser mentality club, Rookie manager Ole taking over Mourinho's shit show and Spurs with all their injuries are the yardstick then good night. 

Thats why Sarri got the stick and I'm sure if tomm a new manager (who ever it is) does the same will get the stick unless we have a "Ty" amongst us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

Thats why Sarri got the stick and I'm sure if tomm a new manager (who ever it is) does the same will get the stick unless we have a "Ty" amongst us. 

There's going to be plenty of Tys running around once Lampard is appointed unfortunately. The company that sells rose-tinted glasses will be rubbing their hands right now. If you thought Sarri-In'ers were bad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

The experienced divas that we have (I guess you mean Willian, Pedro,...) can all leave next season. They shouldnt be priority in coaching. We need a manager that will make the most of youth. We have at least 5 young players that could be world class or at least very good. And they could be here for a long time. 

As for attacking football, I agree with you; I meant fast Pool styled football, not possession based one.

Still Ten Hag can implement that; or Jardim. Allegri is pragmatic and would be parking the bus every second game because of the squad we have. And he isnt even that good that would  bring confidence we can end up in 4th place. Amyway Allegri is off the table, we will likely land Lamps.

He will absolutely flop if he isnt given trust and time.

5 who could be world class? I am genuinely intrigued who you mean because to say what, Reece, Ruben, Callum, Mason and Tammy could be world class is 1) getting well ahead of yourselvsle and 2) putting huge pressure on them.

Ten Hag, Lampard, Jardim, whoever comes in.... if they chose to throw their weight behind 5 or 6 young players and basically alienate senior players in their favour they will not last long. Prime example Andre Villas-Boas who statted out with the right intentions, reduce the average age of the squad, go about changing the philosophy and remaining competitive.

Regardless of transfer ban or not we need to finish top 4 minimal. Thats what any manager who works here job will rely on,  hence why when it looked like we may fall out of the top 4 Sarri was rumoured to have been up for the sack.

Does anyone expect Chelsea, who have sacked coaches who are World cup winners, CL winners, La Liga winners, PL winners, Serie A winners, Europa League winners, quadruple winners, to honestly expect any less from anyone regardless if there names Frank Lampard? Or someone who got to the semis of the CL with Ajax...

Lampard if he is appointed, despite not feeling hes ready, I hope he does well and can maintain top 4 while integrating a few younger guys in but I so have doubts. He will realisitcally only get the same/more time as everyone else before him if he does well. So lets hope he does because it means we will be doing well but in 2 or 3 years we need to be back up competing for the title regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

5 who could be world class? I am genuinely intrigued who you mean because to say what, Reece, Ruben, Callum, Mason and Tammy could be world class is 1) getting well ahead of yourselvsle and 2) putting huge pressure on them.

Ten Hag, Lampard, Jardim, whoever comes in.... if they chose to throw their weight behind 5 or 6 young players and basically alienate senior players in their favour they will not last long. Prime example Andre Villas-Boas who statted out with the right intentions, reduce the average age of the squad, go about changing the philosophy and remaining competitive.

Regardless of transfer ban or not we need to finish top 4 minimal. Thats what any manager who works here job will rely on,  hence why when it looked like we may fall out of the top 4 Sarri was rumoured to have been up for the sack.

Does anyone expect Chelsea, who have sacked coaches who are World cup winners, CL winners, La Liga winners, PL winners, Serie A winners, Europa League winners, quadruple winners, to honestly expect any less from anyone regardless if there names Frank Lampard? Or someone who got to the semis of the CL with Ajax...

Lampard if he is appointed, despite not feeling hes ready, I hope he does well and can maintain top 4 while integrating a few younger guys in but I so have doubts. He will realisitcally only get the same/more time as everyone else before him if he does well. So lets hope he does because it means we will be doing well but in 2 or 3 years we need to be back up competing for the title regardless.

Avb failed because he tried to overthrown entire old guard Terry, Lamps, Didi,...the current lot of older players cant lace their boots and cant dethrone the manager like that. Im pretty sure more or less all good players at Chelsea loved it when Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Kovacic were dumped for RLC, Emerson and Odoi. They simply are not good enough anymore and dont have any sort of leadership in them. 

And I do count Odoi, RLC, James, Pulisic and either Christensen or Zouma (depending on style) very promising. Maybe not world class, but like I said possibly very good. I gave plenty critics about Christensen or Pulisic, but they still have potential if developed properly.

But like you said it all comes down to the board. If they gonna sack just based on results regardless of younger players development, its game over. They need to put faith into Jardim, Hag or Lamps for 2 seasons at least and see how far they bring our youth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if we try the pragmatic; experienced players grinding results, we are definately fucked.

West ham has Anderson and now Fornals, soon Maxi Gomez too apparently. 

Fucking west ham has better experienced attack if you go that way.

Invest in youth period. We had several seasons of shit buys, hundreds of millions spent that got us nowhere. Fricking Willian, Pedro and Giroud wont do it either. Its time for complete overhaul and if there was a time, its now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Also if we try the pragmatic; experienced players grinding results, we are definately fucked.

West ham has Anderson and now Fornals, soon Maxi Gomez too apparently. 

Fucking west ham has better experienced attack if you go that way.

Invest in youth period. We had several seasons of shit buys, hundreds of millions spent that got us nowhere. Fricking Willian, Pedro and Giroud wont do it either. Its time for complete overhaul and if there was a time, its now. 

You honestly think the youth will beat West Ham? We don't even have RLC and CHO for a good period of next season.

I'm all for investing in youth, but people are forgetting that it's a huge ask for the youths and with no leadership on the pitch like a VVD, Fernandinho or Henderson, is setting up for a disaster.

PL is a huge step from wherever they came from. If we still had Hazard, I'll not be as worried as I am now but the fact is, I can't believe we are now relying on 18/19 year olds WITH a rookie, no experience coach to get us top 4.

The last thing I like to see is some of these youth players confidence shattered because they constantly let in silly goals or miss chance after chance like Morata (and cost us the game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mana said:

There's going to be plenty of Tys running around once Lampard is appointed unfortunately. The company that sells rose-tinted glasses will be rubbing their hands right now. If you thought Sarri-In'ers were bad...

Probably ... But eventually Lampard will be given the same treatment if he doesnt use his common sense and does the simple thing right for starters :)

1 hour ago, Mana said:

The company that sells rose-tinted glasses will be rubbing their hands right now

U bet!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, we aren't sniffing top 4 without transfers. Regardless of which manager we appoint.

Just reconcile that with yourselves now. This will be a tough season where I think we'd do very well to finish 6th. We'll be competing with Arse, Leicester, Wolves, Everton and Wet Spam in that 6th-10th area.

This season will be all about developing young players and establishing a style and identity under Lampard. It's a write off in terms of competing for any of the major trophies. We'll be a cup team this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mana said:

There's going to be plenty of Tys running around once Lampard is appointed unfortunately. The company that sells rose-tinted glasses will be rubbing their hands right now. If you thought Sarri-In'ers were bad...

Right. The Sarri-iner's will be the problem :lol:

The Sarri-inner's were realistic in expectations with who Sarri currently had. Gash like Willian and over the hill Pedro and Giroud. No doubt they will be patient with Lampard as well.

It's the Sarri Outer's that people need to worry about with Lampard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It's the Sarri Outer's that people need to worry about with Lampard. 

Funny enough, there are Sarri Outers that are Lampard In.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mana said:

Funny enough, there are Sarri Outers that are Lampard In.

As two faced as you can get. The moment things go bad, they will be the first to call for his head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mana said:

You honestly think the youth will beat West Ham? We don't even have RLC and CHO for a good period of next season.

I'm all for investing in youth, but people are forgetting that it's a huge ask for the youths and with no leadership on the pitch like a VVD, Fernandinho or Henderson, is setting up for a disaster.

PL is a huge step from wherever they came from. If we still had Hazard, I'll not be as worried as I am now but the fact is, I can't believe we are now relying on 18/19 year olds WITH a rookie, no experience coach to get us top 4.

The last thing I like to see is some of these youth players confidence shattered because they constantly let in silly goals or miss chance after chance like Morata (and cost us the game).

Thats not what I wanted to say.

We will have hard time next season against west ham and top4 anyway, playing pragmatic style or going out with youth. Playing the likes of Willian and next summer, we are back to square one. If we qualify for CL somehow the board will think current squad is good enough and we are in for another shitstorm without any ambition.

Thing is working on youth will give us better foundations for season after the next. 

The only important thing next season is to continue playing modern football and develop young players. That will be our future. Forget the top 4, forget the CL. We need to focus on style and youth. So that we can build on that next summer, bringing whoever needs to be brought to begin completing us. Thats another reason to stick with same manager who will know what we are missing and what we have instead of wasting another year. 

Maybe not everyone will be world class, but good enough potential to eventualy build a title winning team with the likes of Odoi, Ruben, Christensen/Zouma, James, Pulisic and wild cards like Mount, Tomori and Tammy. 

If we can pull it off, I couldnt care less about results next season because this is project is about our next 5 years, not next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.