Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

10 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

2. There are still former teammates of Lampard in the dressing room. How would that affect dressing room dynamics if he decides to chop/change the starting 11.

Correct me if I'm wrong but think that's only Luiz, Azpi and Willian. Don't think they're gonna kick up a fuss, but if they do, boot them!

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but think that's only Luiz, Azpi and Willian. Don't think they're gonna kick up a fuss, but if they do, boot them!

David Luiz and Azpi will likely be captain and vice captain next season and both are very professional and always seem good with the younger members of the squad, etc. I don't see any problems with them whatsoever.

Willian had the spat with Conte but besides this he's seemed professional too and whether we like it or not, he'll have to assume responsibility next season as one of our main attacking outlets when Hazard leaves, and with CHO injured and Pulisic likely needing some adjustment time.

I don't see this as a problem. If anything if Lampard came in, he would probably lean on them for a bit of experience and knowing what some of the old characters in the squad were like.

The main problem with Lampard is Chelsea boars and fans. 

Even if he has potential to make us a very formidable side, he will never have the time to do it, because we all demand instant success. Sure some will say thats not true, but as soon we have couple bad games, people start bitching here and call for every player from established ones to Odoi to be dropped.

We all want chelsea youth to play as much as possible, but only if they deliver results. The moment they lose a couple, it wont matter if Lamps throws entire youth team on the pitch, people will call for his head.

We dont have the spine to support a manager with long term project. Thats the problem with the board and the fans. 

Not all fans though, but most.

Thats why it would be almost suicidal to bring Lamps. Because unless he delivers very good first season, he is done. If there is no trophy and we finish 6th which is likely, he is gone.

The lack of a top level striker and RLC's injury are what will hurt us next season regardless of manager coming in but I still don't think they'll be much difference between the 4 teams challenging for the 2 other Champions League places again. It'll be interesting to see what Giroud would possibly manage to do as first choice next season. Perhaps playing regularly in the Premier League he could push for around Hazard's numbers for goals (what was it this season 16?), and if others chip in around him it may be enough next season. 

When fully fit, I believe we have a better well rounded team than both United and Arsenal and that's even without Hazard. There are huge question marks over those two teams and major surgery needed. Arsenal likely won't spend the money they need to and United in recent seasons have been abysmal with their transfer policy. If some transfer reports are correct too, they are targeting a lot of younger talents too and may be looking at a bit more of a long term view of things which will also take some time.

The only thing in my opinion Spurs has going for them over us is a proven goalscorer which will time and again bail them out of tight games, but they too are in desperate need of freshening up and there's talk of Poch breaking a fair amount of this team up so you don't know which way for the short term that will lead.

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The absolute scenes if Lampard makes Alonso his #1 left back. 

Can't wait to see the 180 of some members. 

Honestly it wouldnt be a surprise if that happens ... It all depends who shows more determination in training :)

9 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Honestly it wouldnt be a surprise if that happens ... It all depends who shows more determination in training :)

Ah so if Lampard picks Alonso, it's because he shows more in training. But if Sarri picked him, it's because he was purposely sabotaging. 

Btw, I've looked at your posts regarding Alonso/Emerson. Different tune you are blowing now. :)

If Lamps comes in he wil be afforded time thanks to the ban.........He will have us going and pushing in one direction and the players will be with him. Will that alone be good enough? Will we see Progress and the overall hunger and fight greater? Or they could get Allegry and most likely be safer? This week we'll see.

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I don't think a core group of fans would have an issue with this (I certainly wouldn't), but the board will then need to appreciate a genuine period of transition may be necessary and not be expecting immediate results.

this makes good sense, with hazard gone and no transfers the expectations will be lower than ever, and given who he is , he can expect more patience. Perfect chance to him to use players like mount too and then spend big next summer if needed

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Ah so if Lampard picks Alonso, it's because he shows more in training. But if Sarri picked him, it's because he was purposely sabotaging. 

Btw, I've looked at your posts regarding Alonso/Emerson. Different tune you are blowing now. :)

Alonso is not the right LB for us or for anyone ... Period!!! Will always maintain it whether Sarri picks or Lampard. 

The problem with the next manager is that we only have 2 LBs to chose from ... Emerson or Alonso so who ever shows more determination will be picked it is as simple as that. There is no different tune here, these are the only notes we have access to. 

Just now, coolhead23 said:

Alonso is not the right LB for us or for anyone ... Period!!! Will always maintain it whether Sarri picks or Lampard. 

The problem with the next manager is that we only have 2 LBs to chose from ... Emerson or Alonso so who ever shows more determination will be picked it is as simple as that. There is no different tune here, these are the only notes we have access to. 

So what if Lampard picks Alonso after he's continuously made mistakes whereas Emerson has shown promise? Are you suggesting you won't criticise him the way you have mercilly criticised Sarri?

Laughable. Take a look back at your posts. 

1 minute ago, Mana said:

There'll be no 180 from me, that's for sure. I'll treat every manager/coach as equal. Lampard will have no free pass from me because he's a "legend".

If he dares starts Alonso over Emerson as #1, he'll get stick from me on this. He's a shite leftback.

Least there's this honesty and consistency. 

Bare in mind, this is all because of the laughable notion that Lampard will be given time by both the club and the fans. 

Lampard isn't ready yet and he will ruin his managerial career by coming here with the current group of players and a transfer ban. I'm afraid the only way we can achieve top 4 next season is with a Mourinho-esque masterclass...

In my opinion, I see the two non-suicidal options being:

1.  Transfer ban stays -> keep Sarri at all costs OR bring an a highly experienced manager e.g. Allegri 

2. Transfer ban delayed -> Lampard can / should be considered.